Rumour time

MOwl

32 minutes ago, M Royds said:

I don't know why you had to bring that story up. Would it be so bad to have Avram here? After all he is a well seasoned pro.

So was she....allegedly.

As for Grant, no thanks, football dinosaur. Did ok at Chelsea but not much cop at Portsmouth and West Ham, played 80, won 25, lost 36.   

I personally don't think the Pardew rumours came from nowhere in the summer. So can believe the chairmen would be looking around. 

Personally tomorrows result should not matter either way. I've seen enough this last 18 month to suggest we won't be playing premier league football under CC. 

Just hope we go with someone who knows the league.

Other than the ridiculous or tongue in cheek comments about Ancelotti or Allardyce , the suggestions seem plausible. 

Mick McCarthy will bore us to tears but would get results. 

Dean Smith would thrill us with his attacking style but would he find the pressure on another level compared to Brentford?

Alan Pardew is a character and sometimes that gets a reaction from the players. Also has good contacts in the game. 

Nigel Pearson would for many be the people’s choice but has reservations about taking the job due to his legend status and the fact he lives in the area. Having said this it wouldn’t prove difficult to prise him from the Belgian 2nd division should be give him an offer he can’t refuse. 

Big Sam seems like he has lost interest in football after the England debacle. I don’t think we are a big enough pull to get him and for many fans his style isn’t what they want to see. 

Aitor Karanka has a perceived negative style which is exactly what’s killing a lot of us now and he doesn’t rate Rhodes which can’t sit well with DC. 

I take the point of the grass isn’t always greener but when you ask yourselves if any of the mentioned managers would do better with the money spent, I’d have to say yes. 

If the OP is to be believed (big IF) then Carlos will be out of a job as soon as a replacement is found. I think this was what happened when Megson was fired, Milan had already got Jones lined up, Our beating United didn't matter the decision had already been made. Megson could have won the next 3 but his days were over, Milan had decided a change was needed.

If the owner is looking around and sounding out a replacement the current manager is a dead man walking.

Personally I don't think DC will sack CC, too early. If we are well off the pace at Christmas it may happen. The only other reason he might get rid is if gates fall off dramatically, that would indicate the fans are losing interest, in that case I think CC would walk rather than be pushed.

11 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Maybe he's never tried the "scrub, rub and tug" delights of Thai massage because anyone who has wouldn't crab a bloke up for indulging.

I was in the merchant navy, I've been round the world and sampled the delights the world has to offer.

Thai massage, just for the tourists.

Just now, Eastleigh Owl said:

I was in the merchant navy, I've been round the world and sampled the delights the world has to offer.

Thai massage, just for the tourists.

alreyt...uncle albert

introducing-uncle-albert-only-fools-and-horses-bbc-44494233-orig.jpg

• Haha 1