End goal more important for Sheffield Wednesday, says Lees

It will be interesting to see if they obviously target certain players. To be honest I'd expect them to all be flying at us with a murderous look in their eyes knowing they have to give us a shoeing to be able to compete.

There's as good a chance we have someone sent off, reacting to their shit, as they have.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

It reminds me of when I was a lad.  We have a far better squad but we have to match them for passion on the day.  If we do, I've no doubt we will beat them.

United have more quality in midfield, a bit lightweight with no battlers but can pass for fun and usually dominate.

Wednesday slightly edge defence/goalie but are far superior up front.

Wednesday should win but it’ll be close.

Success will be down to Carlos taking off the shackles and going for it, like in the first 15 minutes against Forest.

Should be a good game. United play an open game, have little physical presence or pace but every player knows the system playing positive passing football.

Edited by sheffsteel
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sheffsteel said:

United have more quality in midfield, a bit lightweight with no battlers but can pass for fun and usually dominate.

Carlos needs to take off the shackles and go for it, like in the first 15 minutes against Forest.

More quality in midfield? 

You seriously going to sit to sit there and tell me that the likes of Lee, Bannan, Jones, Wallace etc aren't able to match Couttsy and Flecky? 

Give over. 

19 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

Success will be down to Carlos taking off the shackles and going for it, like in the first 15 minutes against Forest.

Should be a good game. United play an open game, have little physical presence or pace but every player knows the system playing positive passing football.

We are better in every single position.

21 minutes ago, BarnseyB said:

You'd hope so really wouldn't you after the tens of millions spent. 

Like you wouldn't of spent tens of million if you could. 

Please stop with the whole salt of the earth, passion nonsense. 

And yes we know that Rhodes hasn't worked out, yet. 

1 hour ago, sheffsteel said:

Brilliant mate, you proper made me laugh out really loud.  There's a career in comedy waiting for you with material like that.

1 hour ago, sheffsteel said:

lol

Surely just a bit of fishing?

Astonishing statement if you mean it.

Quality wise, we're superior in every department. But that means roger all on Derby day. 

I can't be confident. No matter what people say, it really isn't "just another game". Anything can happen. 

We have the better players but we're coming up against a side brimming with confidence and momentum driving them forward. Some of our fans don't want to admit it, but that does make a difference.

Not having this "team of individuals" vs "a proper team" rounduns though. Both teams have great spirit, togetherness and willingness to work for each other.

46 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Like you wouldn't of spent tens of million if you could. 

Please stop with the whole salt of the earth, passion nonsense. 

And yes we know that Rhodes hasn't worked out, yet. 

That's football these days, if we had a super rich individual involved who pumped money in I don't think we'd be different to anyone else. 

We aren't though, and we've outplayed teams so far who's squads would be of a similar value to yours, possibly more. 

I've seen players who you'd look at as top end Championship quality this season look extremely poor. Tom Huddlestone is one, someone you'd think would be quality at this level was pretty dire. 

Im jealous of your strike force, you've got lots of quality in that area. So much so that you bloody loaned out Sam Winnall. But I'm going to make a strong statement in that I think our midfield will dominate on Sunday. John Fleck and Paul Coutts might be no one to you, but I think both are better than your midfielders. Barry Bannan's tidy, but ours have that bit extra. 

Not saying that I think we'll win, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see us have most of the ball, and get hit for a couple by the quality you have up front. 

65% possession in your favour on Sunday and I'm the idiot who's clueless about football.

Edited by BarnseyB

11 minutes ago, BarnseyB said:

That's football these days, if we had a super rich individual involved who pumped money in I don't think we'd be different to anyone else. 

We aren't though, and we've outplayed teams so far who's squads would be of a similar value to yours, possibly more. 

I've seen players who you'd look at as top end Championship quality this season look extremely poor. Tom Huddlestone is one, someone you'd think would be quality at this level was pretty dire. 

Im jealous of your strike force, you've got lots of quality in that area. So much so that you bloody loaned out Sam Winnall. But I'm going to make a strong statement in that I think our midfield will dominate on Sunday. John Fleck and Paul Coutts might be no one to you, but I think both are better than your midfielders. Barry Bannan's tidy, but ours have that bit extra. 

Not saying that I think we'll win, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see us have most of the ball, and get hit for a couple by the quality you have up front. 

65% possession in your favour on Sunday and I'm the idiot who's clueless about football.

I refuse to believe you actually think that, after 8 championship games.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

You do realise that our midfield (or a combination of it) has seen us finish in the top 6 two seasons running. 

Only a United fan could dismiss the likes of Kieran Lee and Barry Bannan as not that good. 

Unbelievable. 

Edited by SiJ