It's still looking good despite that last gasp goal

2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Cardiff is one of the hardest places to go in this league and at the start I would've took a point, yes it almost feels like a defeat but we look like we've quickly turned the Preston nightmare around, we now seem a side that looks a strong hard unit, so harsh at the end.

Slight negatives were the amount of free kicks we were giving away at the end, especially against a decent side at set pieces, really need to cut that side out.

Lots of positives too especially Van Aken, and thanks goes out to Norwich and Millwall. 

Big game next.

If you had offered me 1-1 at 3 o'clock I'd have rapidly  shaken your hand.If you had said it'd be because of a 96th minute equaliser,  I'd have been sick as a grunter 

All in all, a great point.

Edited by Hugh Jarce

Yep still looks good ..... we were all buzzing before the kicker at the final whistle.... like a few who say we would have been happy with the draw..... doesn't stop the disappointment..... that's football and usually the Wednesday way!!!! Still early doors... so let's see where this rollercoaster takes us

Couple of negatives, plenty of positives for me, was worried they'd bully us out of the game, but we seem to be  learning and getting better in that respect. Fletch & Hoops works really well though still early days and if we can keep them both fit then it'll hopefully work even better as I always say partnerships and cohesion is a massive part of a successful side, Reach looks good now he's playing regularly as does hunt, so as many were suggesting on here we may need better fullbacks, may not be the case. It's remarkable what one good cb signing can do to the rest of the back four as a whole unit. 

Bad management once again cost Wednesday. Once again CC use of subs was very poor. Why bring on a striker for Srtiker in the 88th minute when winning 1-0? The new centre back should have been on and played five across the back.

sittimg back once again contributed to our loss of two points.  Wednesday played well in the first half. Wallace came on and upset the balance. He's not worth his place in the team. 

This manager makes too many fundamental mistakes. He simply doesn't know how to use his subs effectively. And he panics when the pressure is on.

things are far from well at Wednesday. Under present conditions and with the currently negative, inflexible approach Wednesday are a middling team at best.

CC had plenty of options today on the bench and he made a mess of it.

we got lucky against Brentford and overall today we were lucky to get a draw. With responsive management we would have got all three points today. It's pointless saying Cardiff is a hard place to come to. We controlled the game until half time. Then game the usual CC horror show.

In both Brentford and Cardiff games we were under the cosh late on. Brentford hit the post last kick and Cardiff scored. I wondered about the like for like subs today, they

didn't seem to ease the pressure at all. If only we hadn't fouled at the end! But I'd have taken the point at 3pm, and at home Cardiff had won 3 straight, scored 8 and not

conceded. Good point, and good performance to build on.

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Bad management once again cost Wednesday. Once again CC use of subs was very poor. Why bring on a striker for Srtiker in the 88th minute when winning 1-0? The new centre back should have been on and played five across the back.

sittimg back once again contributed to our loss of two points.  Wednesday played well in the first half. Wallace came on and upset the balance. He's not worth his place in the team. 

This manager makes too many fundamental mistakes. He simply doesn't know how to use his subs effectively. And he panics when the pressure is on.

things are far from well at Wednesday. Under present conditions and with the currently negative, inflexible approach Wednesday are a middling team at best.

we got lucky against Brentford and overall today we were lucky to get a draw. With responsive management we would have got all three points today. It's pointless saying Cardiff is a hard place to come to. We controlled the game until half time. Then game the usual CC horror show.

You don't half talk some gonads. 

4 hours ago, owlandished said:

With the league so tight compared to previous years, dropping these points in a game against likely promotion rivals could turn out to be the difference between automatics and play offs

A win would have been fantastic, a loss would have been a set back. This draw is OK

Look on the positive side....we made them drop 2 points at home and we gained a point away. I'd take that against promotion contenders who have won every home game so far. Not too scabby.

3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

So in the 88th minute when we are winning away at a side who has started brilliantly you're saying we should file forward in search of a second?

I feel running the clock down with subs and not leaving much space at the back is a safer bet.

39 minutes ago, prowl said:

Look on the positive side....we made them drop 2 points at home and we gained a point away. I'd take that against promotion contenders who have won every home game so far. Not too scabby.

Yeh, like I said, it's not fantastic and it's not a set back. It was "ok"

I was pleasantly surprised in how we matched a strong and quick side and they looked to be getting really fed up. I think a team that plays a bit more football/has more composure would give us more problems when we sit back like that and 9/10 times we dealt with them. It's just Sod's law that the ball dropped to them at the end. But I do think sitting back so deep with no outlet will cost us more points and ultimately top 2. Perhaps we are managing jaded players but it's asking for trouble