V. SETÚBAL EMPRESTA FREDERICO VENÂNCIO AO SHEFFIELD DE CARLOS CARVALHAL

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Does seem strange them willing to loan out their captain. I guess when a club as massive as Wednesday come calling you have no option though :-)

See the translation from the post on the club website (6 posts up).

The player clearly wanted to play in England so rather than stand in his way they got him to sign up for another 3 years so that after his season with us either they get him back or they can be sure he will command a hefty fee if he is a success here and we want to exercise our option to buy. Good business on their part. And the arrangement suits us right now so it's a win-win.

Edited by dmw
clarification

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

From that I think we can describe him as an old fashioned, no nonsense, British style centre-half. He's not cultured; it's just "win it then get rid". One good pass there. The rest were either put in the stands, knocked short to a team mate or booted long from back to front. He's no Emerson Thome but he looks defensively sound. 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well. 

It's a big welcome from me.

Because whether I've heard of him or not is irrelevant.

He's a much needed defensive addition and will be getting 100% backing on the pitch from me while he's here.

Little to go on, a gnats over 6' aged 24 not carrying any flab. Playing easiest position on the pitch lets see how he copes. If he has owt about him he'll be fine !

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Happy to see where this one takes us, would still expect us to be looking to strengthen further at CB. 

Minor gripe that it's announced on the Vitoria Futebol website but nothing from the Owls.

Yes but look at the time. You can't expect owls to be up that late. Er, hold on ... that's not right .... :wacko:

• Haha 1