The Wednesday -V- Queens Park Rangers - OMDT

41 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

F*ck me I've missed Sheffield. Don't have any excuse to come without football, not living here any more is a total ballache.

Not easy living away is it? You can't even nip to Tesco Express for a bottle of Hendos for your bacon sarnie. Or queue at the newsagent for 40 mins, chatting away, waiting for the Green Un, just for old times' sake, abd even though there isn't one anymore.

Then you nip to the pub after Wednesday's won, to talk about it to likeminded people, and they want to talk about the Oystons, or Man Utd, or Preston (aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh!).

Plus, everyone is miserable and unfriendly, because you can't say Chorlton and the Wheelies, and little old lady, do you like sponge? In the right accent.

16 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be fair , I've long held the same opinion. Would rather see Hooper, Abdi or Wallace in there.

Depends how we use the shoehorn though!

A 4-2-3-1 formation is the only thing that I could see working in terms of fitting our best players into the team. Far too attacking minded for CC though. It'd leave the fullbacks exposed.

Westwood

Hunt - Lees - Loovens - Reach

Hutchinson - Bannan

Wallace - Hooper/Abdi - Forestieri

Fletcher/Rhodes

Edited by Crofty_11

11 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Not easy living away is it? You can't even nip to Tesco Express for a bottle of Hendos for your bacon sarnie. Or queue at the newsagent for 40 mins, chatting away, waiting for the Green Un, just for old times' sake, abd even though there isn't one anymore.

Then you nip to the pub after Wednesday's won, to talk about it to likeminded people, and they want to talk about the Oystons, or Man Utd, or Preston (aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh!).

Plus, everyone is miserable and unfriendly, because you can't say Chorlton and the Wheelies, and little old lady, do you like sponge? In the right accent.

Booths in lytham have hendersons Owlsman

9 minutes ago, southshoreowl said:

Booths in lytham have hendersons Owlsman

They used to have. Not anymore. Unless they've recently reintroduced it? You used to be able to get it in Sainsburys on Red Bank Road, Bispham too, but not anymore. I normally end up bringing 2-3 bottles back with me from Sheffield.

4 minutes ago, southshoreowl said:

no worries , have always got a supply of at least 6 bottles , trying my best to convert the unwashed lol

I'm in St Annes near the Old Links golf club and St Anne's Tennis Club, where are you on South Shore mate?

Well done mi'lord.

I particularly like your tactical analysis.

*Tips my cloth cap to you, sir*

Hopefully we play the diamond midfield again.

I'd love for us to return to the attacking sexy football of Carlos' first season. Looking forward to this one. No idea what the score will be but just want us to get a result but enjoy the game too. I won't do a prediction because I'm rubbish at those and feel like I jinx it whenever I do. :duntmatter:lol

C'mon the famous old Wednesday!

Do us proud in your 150th anniversary season.

8 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Be interesting to see where he shoehorns Forestieri in today.

Difficult one. Left hand side is beckoning but Bannan in the mix for that position too. Might have to drop one of them.

I'm edging towards keep The diamond, keep Bannan on the left, because he doesn't get tired tracking back, Hooper and Fletcher up front, because they're established strikers, and work together, and drop Forestieri to the bench to give us an impact when we bring him on. 

Shame, because when Forestieri is on the left, and firing on all cylinders, he makes us tick, and he came out with credit last week. Sadly though, he's caused something of a dilemma that we could've done without.

Again shows the depth we have beyond the back four though, so all positives.

I'll expand the point. He came out with credit for actually making an effort, not for the end result in his advanced position.

Edited by theowlsman

I think the issue we have with Forestieri is that he is one of those modern types of player... He's excellent on the ball, can take players on, score goals from nothing.....

...but he doesn't really have a position.

He's not a striker in the traditional sense, he's not really a 'winger' the manager himself has said he's not sure he's an attacking midfielder...

So....that's where the shoehorn comes in!

We could almost do with saying today lads you ten will play a 4-3-2 and you Fernando,  you just go where the space is.

But can a team afford to do that in a competitive championship?

Who knows. Not me. 

Oh well. Let's just hope that if he does start he finds the space wherever he is on the pitch 

Edited by Lord Snooty