The Wednesday -V- Queens Park Rangers - OMDT

I'm full of optimism and excitement for my first Hillsborough visit of the new season.

Here's hoping for three points first and foremost, though hopefully achieved in a swashbuckling style.

A few interesting subplots to the day's proceedings:

1. Will Carlos publicly flex his managerial muscles by picking Forestieri on the left?
  2. Will the new kit look as splendid in person as it does in photos?
  3. Are diamonds really forever?
  4. Will the new-fangled electronic advertising boards send our eyes funny?

There's only way to find out...

598ea4fabf2b2_UpTheOwls!.gif.4b70d2906422b8cbe49ce3d6e687e5de.gif

9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Right. Sorry chaps. Didn't mean to jump the gun here. 
Can't risk the Preston debacle again.
First things first @F. Spiksley find your bloody voodoo owl and get the spell done at once!  @wednesdaywizard get your spell cast. 
@Ronio prepare your massive font. @pauli the rocket gif. For Gods sake man, the rocket gif Don't forget it!

We're nearly there now. The first home league game of the season.  Walking down to the ground and seeing the stand between the tree tops. 
Chatter as the folks huddle down the road and across the park.

Home league debut of the new  anniversary shirt. 
Image result for tommy craig wednesday

The visitors are QPR .
The Hoops have only won on one of their last eight league visits to Hillsborough (D2 L5), a 2-1 victory in November 2009. So lets hope that run continues!

Poor old Ian Holloway hasn't managed any of his side to a win over us in  his last 12 league matches!
 similarly, manager Holloway hasn't won any of his last 14 visits to Yorkshire in all competitions
Good job he didn't get the job here with tht record!

Them Londeners don't enjoy their trips to Yorkshire ....they haven't won in the county at all in their last seven league visits to Yorkshire.
Add that to Holloway having a black cloud following him about when he visits God own County and it all points to a Wednesday win.  
Get down to the bookies chaps. This is nailed on!

They've got a doubt over Connor Washington. 

Wednesday have doubts over Jack Hunt and Liam Palmer. Which makes right back a bit of a quandary. Maybe Hutchinson will drop in after he goals scoring exploits in midweek.

QPR play 3-5-2. 
No automatic alt text available.
Wednesday are playing 4-4-2 but will it be flat one or will the Diamond that guested in midweek be retained?
 There is a strong belief that this might be tinkered with. The fans seem to have preffered it and Hutch hinted about the Preston tactics not being good in his interview with Doom in the Star. 
It'll be intereting to see who retain their shirts from that midweek outing too.

Rhodes and Forestieri are the 'big name players' but Hooper and Fletcher both bagged in the week and showed signs of a good understanding which they had shown at times last season. Not least against the divisions top side Newcastle. 

There's a  chance that Fernando might get a recall, he was one of the best players at Preston. Maybe he'll get put in the hole behind Fletcher and Hooper at the expense of Abdi who despite some neat touches looked a yard off the pace against Chesterfield. 

Rhodes will have a tougher time earning a recall.  Despite Carlos' Mojo being recovered by  from the bottom of Crookemoor Park boating lake  The search for Rhodes' goalscoring knack is still ongoing.  Uncomfirmed reports  suggest that it might have been found in a safe in Zico Sterlands gargage. (It wasn't him. He just found it there before you all go casting aspertions! You horrible fockers!)  

Carlos has sent Bullen to fetch the safe back.  The scot was none too happy when he found out.. having already got the face on about Hutch playing in goal and ticking another position off his list and clsoing in on Bullys record of the complete set . He went anyway and was last seen haring down Middlewood road in a D-Line taxi. 

Boyd coming in is also a posibility with his excellent work rate and tracking. 

Apparently this is what it might mean.....
No. I've no idea either really. Think it just mean we might not be outnumbered in midfield for the first time in 12 months.
But who know. 

Subs
Holloway isn't afraid to change things up with his substitutions. Not going like for like. so Wednesday will have to look out for that.
Well.
Actually they won't.
He probably won't make any subs.
He probably won't even be looking at the pitch. He'll be staring longingly at his crush in the home dug-out. While wistfully humming Dream by the Everley brothers. 

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, close-up
Anyway. 
Enough of my rambling tosh. I'm off for a good drink. 

COME  ON  WEDNESDAY!

Great post, hope we keep up the trend with a win to kick start our season

Oh btw I read on the BBC website last night that Fletcher picked up a slight knock on Tuesday night and is a doubt. 

Thought I'd mention this now so people don't go full on schizo if for some reason Fletch doesn't start or isn't in the 18. 

Ta. 

Edited by SiJ

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Oh btw I read on the BBC website last night that Fletcher picked up a slight knock on Tuesday night and is a doubt. 

Thought I'd mention this now so people don't go full on schizo if for some reason Fletch doesn't start or isn't in the 18. 

Ta. 

Yeah, but what about George Hirst, eh?

What about George Hirst!?

:duntmatter:

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, but what about George Hirst, eh?

What about George Hirst!?

:duntmatter:

WHY AIN'T WE STARTED DAT HIRSTY JNR LAD, MR CHANSORIIIIIIIIIIIII? 

That's actually how the question was put forward last night. True story. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

I'll give it until 20 past 3 before people start moaning ... sadly

There will be an utter meltdown at 14:15 when the team is announced. On Tuesday there was a meltdown when the team was announced and now there will be a maltdown if that same team isn't announced. Idiots.

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No Fletcher? So Forestieri comes in alongside Hooper. Forestieri, Hooper and Abdi will cause them problems

Never been a huge fan of Nando and Hooper as a pairing. 

For some reason when those two start up top (though I think this is problem generally speaking when Nando tries to play striker) the ball doesn't stick particularly well. 

Personally I'd like to see Hooper and Winnall as strikers. I was impressed by both on Tuesday (I know it was only Chesterfield). 

If you read the rumors then Nando might not be featuring in the 18 today anyway, IF his alleged scuffle with Winnal is true. Wait and see I suppose.