The Wednesday -V- Queens Park Rangers - OMDT

A roaring triumph of an OMDT mi'lud, I fully back you to reprise this role for the foreseeable future.

Anyway, FOOTBALL. For those of you (un)lucky enough to go to Preston last week the season may have started there, but seeing as we were crap and this is our first home game, let's just write last week out of history and treat this as the new dawn of a glorious, promotion-winning anniversary season that secures our return to the promised land.

Returning to reality and my endless reserves of cynicism for a moment - there's a lot riding on this one. Anything other than a comprehensive win will fail to quell the unrest among the fans. There's nothing like unrest to set you up for the sort of early season turmoil that totally derails automatic promotion campaigns, and Christ I don't want to do the play offs again.

Carlos needs a thumping win to get some positivity going, but the championship is a league that gets better every year and there just aren't any sides who will roll over for you. I'm praying that Carlos pairs Hooper and Fletcher up top for maximum goal threat as it's becoming increasingly obvious that those two are our best pairing - Winnall to be deployed as a super sub if need be. With Forestieri reprising his role on the wing (do as you're told lad) and home advantage inspiring the players to assert far more control over the game, we should get the win we need to start the season properly. Either that or they'll gag on the pressure and QPR will mug us while the Carlos out brigade screams blue murder :ph34r:

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Wednesday 3-1 QPR (Mackie 20, Hooper 24, Boyd 66, 73)

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'd still like to see Wallace get a cameo behind the front pairing at some stage. Though it will never happen. 

No reson for wallace not to start, he has been one of our most consistent players for me and possibly underrated by some

3 minutes ago, debram said:

No reson for wallace not to start, he has been one of our most consistent players for me and possibly underrated by some

There's always the possibility of a moment of brilliance from wee Ross. 

Always fancy his chances of popping home a 25 yarder when he pops up centrally.  Think we all too easily peg him in a a right winger and nothing more. 

He's got that bit of needle about him too. That experience.  

He also reminds me of Roger the dodger. 

• Like 1

Whoa, whoa, whoa, this isn't a Pauli thread?

Well done Lord Snooty, an excellent effort I am sure, I hope you've included some posh totty?

Needless to say, I still haven't read it. Not reading the matchday thread is one of my matchday superstitions, including patting a police horse on the nose as we all do.

All I want today is more urgency about us and a tempo. We had zero against PNE. We need to challenge for 1st and 2nd balls and press. Just the simple things in football win you games. 

CC says our fans have a 'responsibility' - Yeah, 5,700 fans turned up last week mate and the team was woefull. 

I'd like to think CC would go for this team selection below, however I'm not the manager! Haha. I can see him dropping Rhodes today, whilst FF will continue to distrupt our team and get his own way like a baby. 

My team

Westy

Hunt
Lees

Loovens

Reach

Fessi

Hutch

Abdi

Boyd

Rhodes
Hooper

An absolute blast of a yarn Lord Snooty! I look forward to a season of ripping satire from your informed quil.

On the footballing front, Reach at left back for me please as Pudil seems to be losing all pace and I generally concur with groundhopping owl. Only a thumping win will do today, so Bannan needs to be his positive forward thinking Version, not the pass it square or backwards version we got last season. Fessi and a sharp Abdi for me could still create bundles for a forward.

Wins cover up all the cracks in the fans made by poor signings, late controversial shirts and weak money raising schemes.

Lose today and more knives will be out.....maybe even my own....

Apparently you should always waste your first shot so you know how accurate your gun sights are, then you adjust your shot and hit a bullseye every time. I prefer to believe that Preston was the wasted first shot. QPR will therefore lose by 2 today and Rhodes will score for Sheffield Wednesday football club... and everyone will love the new kit to boot.

2 hours ago, glynnb said:

Greetings from cloudy Dubrovnik wish I was at Hillsborough tho can imagine that atmosphere. Roar those boys on COME ON WEDNESDAY 

What's Dubrovnik like pal? Going on holiday next week very close to there.