The Wednesday -V- Queens Park Rangers - OMDT

Despite information posted in previous Official Matchday Threads where wild, unfounded claims were made that todays opposites were formed in the 1970's as a tax dodge by his majesty, Sir Freddie of Mercury, evidence has since come to light which indicates that Freddie Mercury's Safari Wardens have a footballing history that reaches back almost two centuries.

QPR hold the world record for fielding the oldest player ever in a professional competition. In 1899, Jedediah Bunton celebrated his 62nd birthday and 800th appearance for the southern pikey cheaters. Although the game against Blackburn Fishmongers Association ended in a devastating 2 - 6 home defeat, he did not hesitate to enjoy two bottles of brown ale afterwards which he had put by in his sideboard.

Jedediah rewrote history in 1976 when he was automatically promoted to being the great great grandfather of a little girl called Emma.

After leaving school, she would progess to joining the world's first all women pop group, The Spice Girls. The rest is history.

And that's how we come to be playing them today.

Probobobarbly

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zico.b said:

Thank you M'lud.

Prediction of 25,376.

At what time in the morning do you wish me to prepare your kedgeree, Earl Grey and freshly ironed Times newspaper?

That's a very kind offer and one I might take you up on. I haven't seen my man, Stubbs since Wednesday evening when he took himself out around 1am. Said he was going to go and have a word with Leon Clarke about moving his dreadful portable kebab shop from the village. He's been parked up at the bottom of Bell End for nearly a week and it's attracting all sorts of undesirables.  

I last saw Stubbs stalking across the lawn in the moonlight with a garden hoe. I'm sure he can look after himself. Hopefully he has just gone on one of his monumental benders,  which he is prone to doing after doing violence on someone.

I haven't been able to check on his whereabouts on account of being laid up with this knee. I just hope he's back tomorrow in time to take me to the game. Otherwise you'll have to pop around and pick me up.  

He's very thoughtfully left me a commode , though I still haven't been able to go with this bloody constipation- despite following the advice of fellow Owlstalkers. I fear I may explode soon. I just hope it's not before we've scored put first goal of the season  and got those first three precious points on the board. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

That's a very kind offer and one I might take you up on. I haven't seen my man, Stubbs since Wednesday evening when he took himself out around 1am. Said he was going to go and have a word with Leon Clarke about moving his dreadful portable kebab shop from the village. He's been parked up at the bottom of Bell End for nearly a week and it's attracting all sorts of undesirables.  

I last saw Stubbs stalking across the lawn in the moonlight with a garden hoe. I'm sure he can look after himself. Hopefully he has just gone on one of his monumental benders,  which he is prone to doing after doing violence on someone.

I haven't been able to check on his whereabouts on account of being laid up with this knee. I just hope he's back tomorrow in time to take me to the game. Otherwise you'll have to pop around and pick me up.  

He's very thoughtfully left me a commode , though I still haven't been able to go with this bloody constipation- despite following the advice of fellow Owlstalkers. I fear I may explode soon. I just hope it's not before we've scored put first goal of the season  and got those first three precious points on the board. 

Forget dark chocolate etc.

Arrange your bills on the table.

Have a wild guess at how you're going to pay them.

If that doesn't work...close your eyes and relive the penalty shoot out.

5 hours ago, pauli said:

Despite information posted in previous Official Matchday Threads where wild, unfounded claims were made that todays opposites were formed in the 1970's as a tax dodge by his majesty, Sir Freddie of Mercury, evidence has since come to light which indicates that Freddie Mercury's Safari Wardens have a footballing history that reaches back almost two centuries.

QPR hold the world record for fielding the oldest player ever in a professional competition. In 1899, Jedediah Bunton celebrated his 62nd birthday and 800th appearance for the southern pikey cheaters. Although the game against Blackburn Fishmongers Association ended in a devastating 2 - 6 home defeat, he did not hesitate to enjoy two bottles of brown ale afterwards which he had put by in his sideboard.

Jedediah rewrote history in 1976 when he was automatically promoted to being the great great grandfather of a little girl called Emma.

After leaving school, she would progess to joining the world's first all women pop group, The Spice Girls. The rest is history.

And that's how we come to be playing them today.

Probobobarbly

And so , from the deep dark bowels of OT'sOMDT we hear the tiny yet unmistakeable rumblings of a return to duty of that (in)famous parrot from Hamburger Hill, the one and only PAULI. From the moment of his majestic entry into the world he was destined to become the most accomplished OMDTer in the long and illustrious history of the Owlstalk forums. His accomplishments in this field are legendary, and after a couple of attempts by brave but inferior warriors to usurp his mantle as the best ever it seems as if his blood is slowly rising to the boil and we may hopefully look forward to his second coming, (much like his gert), in the not too distant future. 

Could it be at all possible that the return of PAULI will also coincide with the rediscovery of the long lost and lamented chatroom, wherein large numbers of exiled Wednesdayites would congregate during matchdays to vent their joys and frustrations and regale each other with much silliness when we were passing the ball around the back four for interminable periods of the first half. Only time will tell. ( That's not the same Will Tell that was reported to childrens' welfare officers for shooting fruit off his son's head using a crossbow ).

COME BACK PAULI

GIZ OUR CHATROOM BACK and

PLAY UP THE WEDNESDAY !!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Hired. Bloody hired!

This is the nearest I've ever come to working! 

I've polished off two bottles of Lustau Moscatel trying to work out how to get the pictures in the middle of the sodding  text...and by that time I could hardly see the bloody screen! 

And I still haven't been to the bloody toilet this week despite spending the last 2 days stuffing myself with vindaloo,  Guiness and dark chocolate!

Hands-up, who thought Lustau Moscatel was a Romanian midfielder?

Well done Snoots. Fine thread.

Not a clue what old Carlos will do today, so not a clue about scores.

Lets hope we see two strikers today. Hoops and Fletch look a terrific partnership.

In a perfect world......

3-0

Hooper (made by Fletch)

Fletch (made by Hooper)

Rhodes ( as 65 min sub, made by Winnall)

Actually looks pretty good that formation/line up m'lord, could this be the game where things start to click!?

Quite a lot has been made of this "diamond" formation and it's sucess on Tuesday night; but my understanding is Bannan only came in for a late injury to Fox, pushing Reach back to left back and BB playing narrow left midfield.

Nothing wrong with things being discovered by accident though... Just as long as we continue to get balls into the bleeding box!!!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

Nice one @Lord Snooty

F**k it, only me and the boys home this weekend, I'll stay up all night and watch it, I can be an antisocial barsteward tomorrow and nobody will even notice!! 

Come on Wednesday let's get this show on the road.

Edited by Morepork

4 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

Great OP as always pauli - you're not fooling me with that hat and posh brogue.

Expect no less than a dominating display of attacking prowess from our lot!

Owls 4 - 1 Queer* Power Rangers

*FAO reactionary snowflakes - that's "queer" as in "odd".

I can just imagine @pauli sat in his Shackletons armchair, basking in @Lord Snooty glory!!lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 2