George Hirst send him out on loan

41 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What do people think the chances of Hirst, Penney, Stobbs getting a decent loan spell under their belts?

Seen Hirst has retweeted a video of Wenger stressing the importance of giving youth a chance. Bet he's itching to play at pro level week in week out. Clear he won't get it here so we need to try and find him a club in the lower leagues before his head gets turned by a Prem club. 

Surely there are a number of League 1 or 2 clubs who would be willing to take him?

Not while they have to pay his full wages with no subsidy from us.

Whats the crack with this getting turned into a massive drama ?  The kids scoring goals at youth level .... fair one  !  carry on and let's see where ur at in 18month 

if he wasn't called Hirst nobody would be batting an eye lid , take rose tinted specs off lads 

There's rose tinted specs, and then there is scoring 40 odd goals - regardless of what level he is at.

The fact he has scored so many goals, at different age levels and on the international scene suggests that he is rather good.

Yes, the Surname helps/hinders - but his goal record his 1st class - he needs to be given an opportunity, whether it be on loan - or to a club that embraces younger players.

It would make sense with CC not seeming to want him near the first team yet, bit of experience could do him the world of good. Personally would love him to be involved ahead of Nuhiu and Joao but doesnt look likely just yet.

Edited by WalthamOwl

If he doesn't sign a new contract'don't think they'll let him go out on loan.but think the impasse will be broken one way or another before the transfer deadline"just hope he decides to put pen to paper and signs a new contract for us,and don't think a fuss is been made of him'just cos of who his dad is,"think it's because he's 6ft 3 / pacy and looks a natural goalscorer" just hope CC gives him a chance if he does sign a new deal.Hull City weren't scared to give their young strike prospect Jarrod Bowen a chance at the weekend v Aston Villa!!!. and he didn't do too bad.

George Hirst has less than 12 months left on his contract.

If we send him out on loan as things stand now then all we are doing is giving him a years worth of Football League experience for the next club he signs for. If he did well then the only way we would benefit from it would be a slightly higher tribunal fee, or possibly a semi-decent transfer fee in January from a top Prem club willing to take a punt.

Personally I wouldn't want him to go anywhere on loan this season before signing a new contract first. 

If we aren't willing to pay him what he feels he could be getting elsewhere next summer then good luck to the lad, but his development is no longer really our concern.

43 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

The meltdown on here if we start with an u23 at centre back and one at right back will be mental.

I'd love us to bring the youth through - if they are good enough - but when you see the bile spouted after Preston, I don't blame Carlos for sticking with proven, bought in players 

Oh yeah, I should clarify - I don't actually think that's what should be happening. I just consider it to be further proof of something I think we all know already that the lad's surname is the only reason people want us to jump him up the queue.