Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

Yes, increasingly looking like the Rhodes deal was a massive (ultimately unsuccessful) gamble on firing us to promotion late last season. Really can;t see there being a big uptake on this initiative. 

• Like 1

.if we are only allowed to spend a certain amount and we've reached our limit then stop spending and start doing some wheeling and dealing........it's not rocket science is it .it's been happening since football began and what sorts out the good managers/ chairmen/owners from the not so . 

I can't think of any season ticket holder that I know buying this

One question. If Wednesday break these FPP regulations what is the consequence? The prize of premiership status is now so great that it might may be worth 'paying the fine for doing the crime' 

I hope those plaques on the seats are not seen as objects of ridicule in years to come. 

2 minutes ago, Almat said:

I don't get DC's reluctance to offload players to help balance the books.....

cant be easy though to get rid with the contracts they have ......if we have to wheel and deal then it's more likely players like westwood,lees,lee,FF. Rhodes ,winnall who'll be the ones to attract other clubs who can offer the sort of money we need .

Just now, torryowl said:

cant be easy though to get rid with the contracts they have ......if we have to wheel and deal then it's more likely players like westwood,lees,lee,FF. Rhodes ,winnall who'll be the ones to attract other clubs who can offer the sort of money we need .

Agreed and I was thinking of at least one of the plethora of forwards we have at the club may have to be sacrificed for the good of the long-term financial health of the club. I wouldn't rule out any of them, personally, and that includes FF...

6 hours ago, RichieB said:

Why doesn't DC consider selling the odd player every so often to help with FFP, like other clubs do. 

There's nothing wrong with selling a player for much greater value than was paid for him, and those incoming funds could then take us to the next level. 

One massive disappointment springs to mind

Get our cash back and we can stop with the toddler brain storm meetings 

46 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Panic time for DC me thinks. That Rhodes deal is coming back to bite us now. 

It's not just the Rhodes deal though. It can't just be pinned on that. At least Rhodes has stayed fit and available and in and around the matchday squad.

McGugan

Emanuelson

Lachman

Abdi

All disastrous wastes of money won have contributed virtually nothing- and we don't even know why 3 of them weren't able to contribute.

5 minutes ago, Almat said:

Agreed and I was thinking of at least one of the plethora of forwards we have at the club may have to be sacrificed for the good of the long-term financial health of the club. I wouldn't rule out any of them, personally, and that includes FF...

I don't know the figures needed to come back the right side of FFP but in you'd think in todays market lees,FF,rhodes would fetch in well over 20 million .....the hard part though is replacing them for around a quarter of that figure unless we make better use of the loan market than we have done in the past .

Just now, torryowl said:

I don't know the figures needed to come back the right side of FFP but in you'd think in todays market lees,FF,rhodes would fetch in well over 20 million .....the hard part though is replacing them for around a quarter of that figure unless we make better use of the loan market than we have done in the past .

I think we'll be selling more than one player. I will no doubt be negged to buggery for saying it, but this is just a terribly worrying development. 

Another little niggle I have at the back of my head is the derisory offers for George Hirst. Are other clubs aware that we're getting a bit desperate for cash I wonder?

I really hope I'm over reacting, but the signs are really not good at the  moment, and the best we can do is start selling some players if we've had any reasonable offers and get this ridiculous wage bill down.

6 hours ago, zico.b said:

I'd go with another 3 year season ticket, but I'm not going to tip up money I might never see a return on.

I'd even go with a 5 year season ticket at renewal, if an option.

What happens with current 3 year season ticket holders if we go up this year then get relegated? I wouldn't want a plaque on my seat either.

Guest mkowl

Erm quite interesting and just about falls within the rules not to be a product within the remit of the Financial Conduct Authority. It is effectively a short term loan to the Club but because the Club are deemed to be giving something back - a plaque on a seat - then accounting wise they will be able to contest it is income today. Unlike the 3 year season tickets where they have to spread the cash over that term for S & P purposes they might be able to get away with not in this case. All the Club are creating is a contingent liability of giving away a 3 year season ticket IF we get promoted. Would only have to account for that if it was probable this would arise.

Anyway the credit risk score for me for making this investment is way too high - you would only do this if you were thinking with your football heart not your financial head.

The question I would also ask is this all legally binding. If the Club was taken over for example would this need to be honoured

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think we'll be selling more than one player. I will no doubt be negged to buggery for saying it, but this is just a terribly worrying development. 

Another little niggle I have at the back of my head is the derisory offers for George Hirst. Are other clubs aware that we're getting a bit desperate for cash I wonder?

I really hope I'm over reacting, but the signs are really not good at the  moment, and the best we can do is start selling some players if we've had any reasonable offers and get this ridiculous wage bill down.

your spot on, the club gambled on getting up last year and it didn't come off and like in any walk of life if you gamble and lose then theres a price to pay ......it could well be that they have to change tack and have a rethink on how promotion can be reached in the future ......having said that I still think if we stick with what we have then the play offs this season arnt a distant dream and get in them and you have a chance .

Maybe we are really close the threshold. But what's the worst that could happen if we do over step the ffp?  Is it a fine and transfer ban? Is that really that bad if we've already secured our players to take us to the prem?!

When you look at the spending of Bristol wolves Norwich etc they must be very close if not over too