We have very little 'go forward' in CM, I think we all agree on this. No mobility, no henergy, and very little 'bite' once Hutch picks up his obligatory yellow.

In light of this and CC not addressing this issue despite it being a pretty standard requirement for success in this league, what are people's opinions on Reach playing CM? He's quick, mobile, and pretty decent at nicking a ball away from an opponent with his rangy style. OK his first touch ain't the best but neither was Carlton Palmers. He clearly has a sweet left foot on him and could offer far more of a goal threat than Bannan. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed before on here, but as someone once famously said... if you do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got!

Not sure his tackling will ever be up to CM but he does work and cover. I think he is worth a try wide right as there is potential to cut in and shoot and he seemed OK there when on loan to Preston. FF wide left, Lee and Hutch CM.

6 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

How many times have you watched him play? Just out of curiosity.

7 times. And looked at his pass completion every week. The stats don't lie this kid gives it away more than an average under 7 player. 

What, he has energy, can run relatively fast but invariably runs into dead ends, clearly has no footballing brain, gets skinned when he plays LB, and can't pass for toffee. 

Tell me how that's an upgrade on Helan! 

My mother-in-law would put more bite into a 50/50 challenge

He is so nesh it makes me want to spew that a professional sportsman could be like that.

No end product, never goes round a player, crossing is crap what more can be said?

A couple of half decent games towards end of last season saw him at his best and at his best he is half decent.

Boro must be laughing their nuts off.

Looked a decent player when I saw him at Preston,  Boro fans rated him too if it wasn't for that 5m tag I think most people would feel better.

Funny how mcGeedy (sp) looked poor but looked great under Grayson for PNE and was MOM for sunlun v derby for me .

Just now, Kanye West said:

Reach as well as Rhodes are both wasted here, both Owlstalk classic scapegoats for being stuck in a poor system.

I keep finding myself saying a feel sorry for players because we all know they could be very capable ..i.e  Rhodes winnall etc.

Carlos says he has a say in who comes and goes yet on the other hand he says he doesn't get involved with recruitment, so who is then?

Had we had someone who recruited well it could've been a much better picture right now .

One example of decent recruitment was show at Huddersfield.

5 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I keep finding myself saying a feel sorry for players because we all know they could be very capable ..i.e  Rhodes winnall etc.

Carlos says he has a say in who comes and goes yet on the other hand he says he doesn't get involved with recruitment, so who is then?

Had we had someone who recruited well it could've been a much better picture right now .

One example of decent recruitment was show at Huddersfield.

Exactly, another example being Winnall.

Top scorer when we signed him then played a bit part ever since, why? 

Still think Reach will prove a lot of people wrong

I think it's all about bravery with him - he's built like Bale, has a wicked left foot, decent pace, can place a good cross - just wish he'd stamp himself on the game more somehow - shunting him around everywhere probably doesn't help.