Struggling to work it out.

1 minute ago, Themagiccap said:

The simple solution is to tell Loovens as captain to start marshalling the rest of the defence. When Westwood gets the ball in his hands or for a goal kick Loovens should shout "get the flip out lads" and he and lees sprint like Bolt towards halfway taking the full backs with them so bannan and hutch then have to push forwards 25 yards and play actually in midfield - simple 

Do you think Bannan and Hutch play 5 yards in front of the defence by choice or because CC is telling them too? 

Youre right about pushing up though. If we sat 5 yards inside our own half rather than just outside our own box then Bannan would have no option but to get forward.

Gray took us from 18th to 16th to 13th in successive seasons and was allowed to spend how much in total? Now Gray hasn't got a reputation for being a great manager (he's very much regarded as a very decent assistant) so if he could do that on virtually a nil spend then what CC has done with 30 million of DC's English Pounds is by no means exceptional. Plus ironically Gray used to get a bad rep for the brand of football he played even though his defensive approach was necessary due to the lack of quality he'd been denied due to budget restraints. Can even CC's biggest supporters on here (wherever they are at the moment) say the football under CC since last season and, sadly, in the opening game this season has been less turgid than under Gray? And despite all those millions spunked, how many Gray players does CC still very much rely on? 

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

We need a different approach and DC needs to ask for one,  and if CC wants to carry on the same way, he may have to move upstairs and let somebody else have a go but would his pride allow it? Better not to have disruptive nasty sackings. Very divisive.

Love him to change his approach and stay.

Yesterday proved he has no intention unfortunately.

It all boils down to central midfield to me. They are the ones who should be looking for a pass from Lees/Loovens not hiding. They are the ones that should be passing the ball out to wingers to cross, they are the ones who should support both attack and defense and not leave them isolated. This is why we miss Lee so much, he is the nearest thing to an all round cm we have. Far too many times I sit watching us thinking we are losing the battle in the middle of the park whilst solid yet un-spectacular relatively un-known midfielders run the show.

The thing is, I can deal with "boring" football, as long as it's effective and wins games. I'm happy when I leave Hillsborough, or anywhere else, and we've bagged 3 points. Good mood for the rest of the week and couldn't give a bobbar how we won the game.

Carlos has been good at collecting points and that's never easy to do, so there's always an element of "careful what you wish for". 

Even at our worst last season (performance wise) I always felt we could bounce back and get the results we needed. 

Yesterday felt different though. In fact the last couple of weeks have felt different. 

Teams have worked us out and we're completely impotent as an attacking force with the system Carlos is using. We need to adapt but there's no way he will. 

After the Hull play off defeat it was clear that a few changes were needed to give us a real chance of promotion last season.... Carlos earnt  the right to implement those changes. However unfortunately he has failed to recruit in the right positions, and has failed to utilise the squad at his disposal to achieve its potential. This culminated in our inept performance against Huddersfield at the end of last season and in my opinion this would have been the time for us to part company with Carlos.

The fact that he is in place at the start at this season is a decision we may come to rue... but l do not believe that we can dispense with a manager 1 or 2 games into a season, so l am afraid we are going to have to hope that he can find it in himself to implement the tactical changes necessary for us to progress. I do not believe this will happen and hope that his stubbornness and poor man management skills do not mean we lose some players (Winnall, Abdicate etc) who could make a real contribution to Wednesday in the meantime....

Edited by Thorpski

10 minutes ago, Thorpski said:

After the Hull play off defeat it was clear that a few changes were needed to give us a real chance of promotion last season.... Carlos earnt  the right to implement those changes. However unfortunately he has failed to recruit in the right positions, and has failed to utilise the squad at his disposal to achieve its potential. This culminated in our inept performance against Huddersfield at the end of last season and in my opinion this would have been the time for us to part company with Carlos.

The fact that he is in place at the start at this season is a decision we may come to rue... but l do not believe that we can dispense with a manager 1 or 2 games into a season, so l am afraid we are going to have to hope that he can find it in himself to implement the tactical changes necessary for us to progress. I do not believe this will happen and hope that his stubbornness and poor man management skills do not mean we lose some players (Winnall, Abdicate etc) who could make a real contribution to Wednesday in the meantime....

It is worrying that he signs players (if indeed it is him that signs them) and then refuses to give them game time. 

If I was Winnal for example I'd be requesting to leave asap.

We've registered a mere 10 shots on target in our last 6 games (source : BBC). When you consider the attacking options at our disposal and the money we've spent, that really is quite incredible. You may have the odd game where things don't go well in terms of creating chances, but a string of that many in succession is deeply worrying and indicative of why some supporters are becoming so concerned at our prospects for a season when it is hoped we'll challenge for automatic promotion. 

Agree with the original post for the most part, but I still think with the players we have, it's good enough for automatic. 

We weren't slow and one dimensional in our first season. Our change in style is purely down to Carlos.

The high pressing tempo has been replaced with slow negative football and this comes from management. 

You're r never going to dominate every game in this league but we chop and change week in week out to 'set up' against whoever we are playing as opposed to imposing our own game on teams which is what we did in his first season. 

Completely agree. After the loss to Hull we were 4/5 signings away from contending for the top 2. We chucked money on players like Rhodes, Winnall, Abdi, Reach, Jones and Fox and not one of them is a regular in our team, in Carlos' eyes they're all squad players.

Last year we finished 4th, and to let's be fair in about March we looked the side to be slipping away bar a ridiculous run through April. But for me I always felt we aren't getting th best out of the side. So to come 4th and feel underwhelmed like a lot of fans do says a lot about where we could be.

49 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Completely agree. After the loss to Hull we were 4/5 signings away from contending for the top 2. We chucked money on players like Rhodes, Winnall, Abdi, Reach, Jones and Fox and not one of them is a regular in our team, in Carlos' eyes they're all squad players.

Last year we finished 4th, and to let's be fair in about March we looked the side to be slipping away bar a ridiculous run through April. But for me I always felt we aren't getting th best out of the side. So to come 4th and feel underwhelmed like a lot of fans do says a lot about where we could be.

For me that's the worrying thing. We have just finished 6th then 4th, we have a fantastic squad of players albeit not very balanced yet the negativity is rife. Fans of other teams will probably look at our squad and wonder why we are complaining so much. It annoyed me when I read a quote from a Preston fan last night but he was spot on, you can spend as much as you want but if you don't have a game plan and heart then you don't deserve to win.

Carlos has been given the tools to tear most teams in this league apart yet we turn up every week to watch us try and scrape a 1-0 win. If we manage that we can grin and bear it when we lose without giving it a go it's not acceptable. 

I know you won't but please Carlos get back to the tactics of your first season. 

Chansiri may have backed his manager, sure, but he's got rid of all his advisors.

Who's advising him on his decisions now?

Personally just want Carlos to stay, to figure it out, and push on. Players, with the exclusion of F2F and Westwood have to take a lot of responsibility too - passing the bloody ball to a team mate and showing a bit of bravery on the ball for a start.