Owlstalk history

12 minutes ago, Dot said:

Can anyone ever remember a bigger Owlstalk meltdown than today?

I'm logging this as the biggest ever

taking into account the winding up orders, the Dave (spit) Allen era, the Chris (winning at half time is a nightmare) Turner era, the Alan Irvine era

ONE flipping GAME 

this has to take the record

It's not just one game is it,we are steadily going backwards under Carlos. With the squad at his disposal you'd think you'd get more than one shot on target.

He has single handedly turned the best strikers in the league in to a joke and it needs to stop now.

Just now, Blue and white said:

,we are steadily going backwards under Carlos. 

how does that work?

we have finished higher with more points under Carlos each season

we are steadily going forward

FACT

First game of the season. Play off failure in back of everyone's minds but high hopes, rousing Carlos speech, massive away following and they produce a truly appalling performance.

My mother could have played in the Preston goal - no shots on target, no awkward crosses to take. Meltdown was inevitable even from the usually highly supportive away fans.

Today's reaction will look mild if there's a repeat performance next week. Carlos can turn it round but we'll need to play with a bit of enjoyment. He's reaping the consequences of dull as ditch water football - despite the fact we came 4th last season people were bored and restless. 

12 minutes ago, Dot said:

it is one game

I am embarrassed at the reaction of "owls"

I was embarrassed by the performance of the actual "Owls" 

Got all bases covered it seems, thats good 

20 minutes ago, Dot said:

Can anyone ever remember a bigger Owlstalk meltdown than today?

I'm logging this as the biggest ever

taking into account the winding up orders, the Dave (spit) Allen era, the Chris (winning at half time is a nightmare) Turner era, the Alan Irvine era

ONE flipping GAME 

this has to take the record

Didnt you see the meltdown when Neil said he was charging members for using Owlstalk?

or when Geary got sent off?

They were meltdowns

Edited by Miffed

Just now, Miffed said:

Didnt you see the meltdown when Neil said he was charging members for using Owlstalk?

or when they wouldn't gi' t' shares back?

or when Geary got sent off?

"gi shares back" was a top meltdown....not quite in todays league though

6 minutes ago, Dot said:

how does that work?

FACT

Might as well finish 9th as 4th if you don't actually go up

What you say is true, but we were actually further away from promotion last season than the season before

Also a fact 

Today was horrific, one of the worst performances in regards to effort and quality that I've seen under CC.

The players couldn't give a f'k.

We should be scoring more in pre-season, we should not be getting easily beat by Rangers.

We should be giving more on the first game of the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dot said:

how does that work?

FACT

2 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Might as well finish 9th as 4th if you don't actually go up

What you say is true, but we were actually further away from promotion last season than the season before

Also a fact 

6e29514e2712688ca38bb9394069c295--simpsons-quotes-the-simpsons.jpg.491d1f5896ce7f62a9666b121b45b856.jpg

Carvalhal's biggest problem this season is the rising expectations. In his first season we were a bit of a surprise, in his second we were slightly improved (based on the final position and points) but this time a credible automatic promotion challenge is expected. The early signs are not promising but I've got no plans to call for his sacking any time soon.

20 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I recall Nuhiu missing a header once. Meltdown lasted a full raging 48 hours. 

was it a header? could have been as there has defo been more than one miss. but the one that sticks in my mind was Brighton at home under stuart Gray, 0-0 89th minute in front of the kop8 yards out half volley skimmed the bar, crowd went MENTAL. threads on ere titled 'did the ball bobble' etc etc

The real damning indictment of CC and today's pathetic performance is how little we have seen his supporters on here tonight. They have simply gone awol, which I suppose makes it appear like a bigger meltdown than it actually is. He loses these disciples' support and he really is in big trouble. CC's rousing pre-match rallying call has actually made today much worse for him. He's talked the talk but utterly failed to walk the walk. Massive pressure for the first home game.