Owlstalk history

1 minute ago, Almat said:

The real damning indictment of CC and today's pathetic performance is how little we have seen his supporters on here tonight. They have simply gone awol, which I suppose makes it appear like a bigger meltdown than it actually is. He loses these disciples' support and he really is in big trouble. CC's rousing pre-match rallying call has actually made today much worse for him. He's talked the talk but utterly failed to walk the walk. Massive pressure for the first home game. 

have a listen to this drivel 

5 minutes ago, Dot said:

it isn't the same

Sheffield Wednesday - 4th place, still in the championship

Derby County - 9th place, still in the championship. 

It's the same,  the play offs are only good if you win them, we havent made progress at all

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

have a listen to this drivel 

Technically, they can't listen to it as it's the written word but to be fair your response is a step up from your previous 'Grow up tailface' so small mercies and all that...

23 minutes ago, Dot said:

how does that work?

we have finished higher with more points under Carlos each season

we are steadily going forward

FACT

Whilst we finished higher I honestly believe last season was far easier than this year is going to be and we still ballsed  that up.

Incidentally do you think we finished 4th because Huddersfield rested players, or did we do it on merit.

5 minutes ago, Dot said:

it isn't the same

Think it says a lot when this reaction is occurring after the first game. People can sense the same things that have occurred since the Hull city play off final. I mean the team today was practically that team wasn't it. Crippling tactics. Nothing for the fans to cheer at all. Like literally nothing. Failure once again, and it has been for about 20 games now, to even create a sniff of a chance for the man who has scored the most goals in English football since 2011. Nope it's not a one off either. I could've easily accepted a loss today had we actually tried. If we had have actually tried we might have won. But I'm worried maybe we are trying and its this barbarically negative style of play that is killing all optimism. It's like the Rangers game last week, have we actually learnt from that?! It's supposed to be the settled side, the side that have played together for 3 seasons yet they looked like they'd never seen each other before. 

For me these are ALL justified points. The reason it's a meltdown is because the majority feel the same way. So think... doesn't that tell you something? 

• Like 1

Just now, Blue and white said:

Whilst we finished higher I honestly believe last season was far easier than this year is going to be and we still ballsed  that up.

Incidentally do you think we finished 4th because Huddersfield rested players, or did we do it on merit.

who knows

I'm dealing in facts not guess work

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

For me these are ALL justified points. The reason it's a meltdown is because the majority feel the same way. So think... doesn't that tell you something? 

I haven't been today

but I've spoken to many friends who have and thy are well pissed off

none of them want Carlos out though

Just now, Dot said:

I haven't been today

but I've spoken to many friends who have and thy are well pissed off

none of them want Carlos out though

Neither do I. But patience is thinner than last season. Can't believe it takes what now will have to be a huge kick up the backside to get the players ready for the next game. After a whole summer together I genuinely would've expected them to be bursting to go. Maybe that's why it's such a shock but let's be clear here, it's not purely because we have lost the game. 

1 minute ago, Dot said:

how do you come to that conclusion the "majority!"

The majority on Owlstalk, hence why you've started this thread! You're the one stating this is the biggest meltdown ever. Then surely you must have seen the majority of posters today and what they've been saying? 

• Like 1