New Captain?

3 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Literally don't think I've ever seen him speak during a game. And only about twice off-field. Great player and lad but suspect he'd be uncomfortable as regular playing captain.

Maybe but the most vocal are Hutch and Westwood. Hutch will not play all games unfortunately would love him captain just think it is best to have one that will be on every starting line up. With Westwood I just do not like keepers being made captain, a lot of the time they are a fair distance from the action and its true they can read the game just not really in the thick of the action. I always think ideal positions and CM/DM or CB for a captain

Guest RocketOwl
21 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Loovens has been a great leader for us but:

• is in the autumn of his career
  • frequently injured
  • probably about to drop down the pecking order as CC has said we want to sign some of the best centre backs in the competition

So should he be replaced as captain to give the team a new spark to kick start the new season? If so who would it be? Lees, Hutch, Westwood, Lee?

Personally I'd go for Hutch - an absolute leader of men. 

Yeah and never injured either.

Love the geniuses who reckon we should just hand the captaincy to the brand-new centre half regardless of who it is.

With that being said, there is an overemphasis on captains in British football and realistically it probably doesn't matter all that much.

On 19/07/2017 at 16:50, Eaton_Swfc said:

Kieran Lee. 

An unsung hero who if you watch him carefully, never stops talking to his team mates. 

Personally I think CC might opt for Bannan if anyone. 

Lets hope not, I was hoping he'd mainly be a substitute this season.

Edited by LiamAP22D