History repeating?

3 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

I want Ali to head up our recruitment!!!

like Ali, I'd rather we signed Billy Shi.tbucket and Percy Sideboard from Watfords reserves, rather than pi.ss about biding our time for quality!!

Don't you mean like Ali you would have rather signed Ched, and a few kids from league 1 and 2 most of whose teams got relegated, but then sign the marquee name of Richard Stearman? lol

With the exception of a few the general rule is The better the player, the harder it is to get it done quick, mainly due to the fact he will have more than one offer, possibly be on higher wages and have a higher more negotiable transfer fee/auction

Anybody can sign bobbar second rate players for peanuts and get them in early if no one else wants them, but we are signing essentially premier league players

3 hours ago, Ali G said:

We all know last year we brought in players too late, not fit etc. at the end of last season Bully said he wanted to get business done early with Carlos stating he wanted around 5 new additions. At present we have 1 new signing and the lads are already on a preseason tour. Just hope we don't do what we did last year and leave it too late.

I don't think it's a case of leaving it late, just part of the process...

2 hours ago, Crack pot said:

Surely a left back is more on the agenda then a right back?

Pudil and Fox with Reach more than capable of playing there.

Hunt and Palmer on the right side. I don't think we're desperate on either side really but we've got more depth at left back than right

2 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Pudil and Fox with Reach more than capable of playing there.

Hunt and Palmer on the right side. I don't think we're desperate on either side really but we've got more depth at left back than right

Left is definitely stronger with more cover.

Really don't rate Palmer and we need better than Hunt to be top 2 contenders.

Guest Kameron
2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He did very well to guide us to 4th place if that's the case.

No prizes for finishing in 3rd, 4,5 or 6th position, ending the season in any of those places basically gets you into the semi final of a cup competition.  Under Carlos we gave Hull a free pass to the premiership and last season against Huddersfield he did a better impression of Alan Irvine than what Irvine could have done himself.  This season will end in tears and they won't be tears of joy.

5 minutes ago, Kameron said:

No prizes for finishing in 3rd, 4,5 or 6th position, ending the season in any of those places basically gets you into the semi final of a cup competition.  Under Carlos we gave Hull a free pass to the premiership and last season against Huddersfield he did a better impression of Alan Irvine than what Irvine could have done himself.  This season will end in tears and they won't be tears of joy.

Do you sit behind me? :duntmatter:

It's not a concern for me that we haven't done much business yet, plenty of big clubs have gone on tour without bringing in their main targets. As long as we get the right players, then I'll be happy with that.

Just now, roaminowl said:

Predicting a poor season that will end in tears is hardly making a point though is it. Complete negative bobbar is what it is...same as the opening post.

We really do have some unbelievably negative 'supporters'. Can't help thinking they'd be better suited following a team like Celtic who are pretty much guaranteed to win the League and at least one Cup every season - but god help 'em if they should ever dare to draw or actually lose a game: total meltdown!

:ghoulguy: