Y'know what? BRING IT

Loving the Boyd signing but I've already got so fed up of close season that I've just sat here and watched every extended highlights reel from 2016/17 available on YouTube. Some observations from this lengthy exercise, you lovely awful OTers:

1) I was at every home game and only 4 (four) away games, so neg me to death (I still love you though), and I thought last season was a nightmare compared to the one before - negative, dull, frustrating, unambitious

2) I was wrong, we were properly good. We messed up about 18,659 times in front of goal, about 14 times in defence (seriously, all season), about twice in goal, and about six times (again, all season) in terms of game management after 75min. Wanna check and disagree? Fine. But that's my tally and I'm sticking with it. You can't even be bothered to watch every playback so shush. lol

3) Look at this. LOOK AT IT.

Look at Reach. Hooper. Westwood. Hunt. Fletch. Wallace. Look how GOOD they are. Look at how DIIIICKED Newcastle, the division champions, got at S6. They have a really (really) good comedy shot after 7.5 min, for those who like to focus on the negatives. For the rest of us, nothing at all before then. God almighty, isn't that Hooper-chest-down-to-Fletcher chance all set to be the sexiest goal at S6 of the whole campaign? We were taking the pi5s! Ok, so we blazed it wide. But my god.

Now imagine a fit Abdi, FF, Boyd etc in this squad (somehow, somewhere, I dunno I'm not the boss). Boro, you say? Villa? Norwich? Watch this again. DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKED.

Ok, ok. We messed some stuff up. We shoehorned. We over-strikered, then under-crossed. We ground out when last year we gambled and (sometimes) won, but overall did better...holy FUNK we finished 4th. Fourth.

FOURTH, you delightful maniacs.

Our squad is better, leaner, fitter, hungrier, more bedded in, slightly more Boyd-shaped, all playoffed out and HORNY FOR GLORY in 2017/18. Who exactly are the maniacs predicting doom and gloom this season? I've gotta say, I'm giddy as all heck and I think we're up for one absolute bobby dazzler of a season. I really do.

i haven't even mentioned FF. Who loves it here and WILL get 15 next year. Rhodes 15. Hooper 15. Fletch 15. Wallace, Bannan, Boyd, Reach, Lee 6 each. Lees 4. Westwood 3 (all in same game). Good grief our strike force is silly good.

UTO and I'm on holiday and I love y'all. I may have had a sangria or two but hoooo boy, BRING IT.

:manager:

That video only reinforces for me what we missed with Hooper out of action so much of last season.

And, why Fletcher as good as he can be, has such poor record in front of goal.

If we get a fit Hooper & Rhodes on the pitch and actually play 2 wingers in 442 the rest of the Championship better look out!!

I agree. We were good last season. Just messed up in front of goal a lot. People moaning about the style of play are being unrealistic as they think the teams around us are playing much better football, but if you asked their fans they would probably think their own team is the worst team. It seems to be whoever you support you regard them as slightly worse. 

HAVE SOME BELIEF FFS. 

Yeees

Never thought id be looking forward to going to mansfield and hopefully catch a glimpse of georges locks.

I even enjoyed a lot of last season so shoot me. The final run in showed what we could be about. If i didnt enjoy things about going to hillsbrough i definalty wouldnt be spending any kind of money on it.

If things click were going to be putting a few big clubs to the sword.

7 hours ago, osowl said:

That video only reinforces for me what we missed with Hooper out of action so much of last season.

And, why Fletcher as good as he can be, has such poor record in front of goal.

If we get a fit Hooper & Rhodes on the pitch and actually play 2 wingers in 442 the rest of the Championship better look out!!

Yep really hoping we do sign a pacy and creative wide player to play on the other side of the pitch to Boyd, then with Rhodes and Hooper upfront I can't see how a championship side can improve on that much more. 

We're very close to be able to have a strong team this season.  Another winger and central defender and it could all come good this season. UTO 

9 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

i haven't even mentioned FF. Who loves it here and WILL get 15 next year. Rhodes 15. Hooper 15. Fletch 15. Wallace, Bannan, Boyd, Reach, Lee 6 each. Lees 4. Westwood 3 (all in same game). Good grief our strike force is silly good.

Think you'd get great odds on Westwood scoring in any game never mind three in the same game. Probably slightly more chance, however, than Bannan scoring six over the season unless he has drastically improved his shooting.