Owls fan on Glastonbury Pyramid Stage now

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Johnny has never really had that passion for football, music is his thing Not sure why the Wednesday thing came about, maybe listening to me and others talking about our adventures He does though, encourage his son, and asked us to take the young lad to Reading last season. We always bring him programmes and stuff, and I hope the lad sticks with us and ignores the lure of the bigger clubs

Wow. Ive been a huge Radiohead er.. head from the beginning, seen em a bunch of times and I never knew that until I saw the Telecaster on tele last night. Just gone from favourite all time band to... the next level up from favourite all time band!

8 hours ago, flo said:

im just a bit sad they didnt do Reckoner. 

That would of completed it for me. 

I wanted Burn the witch, Daily Mail and Jigsaw. Add Climbing up the walls and it wouldve been a perfect set.

8 hours ago, gazzatheowl said:

Radiohead are terrible. Always turn the radio/TV off when they come on

Love or hate them. Theyre the Atde Nuhiu of music, except with actual talent.

It's funny how little events can shape your sporting loyalties That's why I have a bit of an issue when we don't take cup competitions seriously Can't tell you how many out of town Owls I've met, who's intro into Wednesdayism, was through us getting to a cup final, or similar 

That's the same with Johnny's boy, he was wavering until we beat Arsenal That's how it is when you don't come from Sheffield, it's not something that's passed down through generations, something has to trigger It For some, yeah, it will be a passing phase, but for others, like me, the club has you for life Don't really have any truck with people when they dismiss out of towners as not being real fans In many cases, your allegence is tested more, as it costs a heck of a lot more just to attend games

Edited by gurujuan

11 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Don't forget the great Pulp too but are any of Cabaret Voltaire or Human League, Wednesdayites?

Chris Watson of Cabaret Voltaire is an Owls fan (or used to be). He was one of our crowd that used to go to all the home games & many away games in the early 70's.

Guest mrbluesky
5 hours ago, shandypants said:

As I said earlier, 2011 called and asked for its joke back. 

Whoosh! 

17 hours ago, Owl Rly said:

Imagen-18.png.aafde6fb11628ea8e3eb8b271a93f7fe.png

Obligatory Rivers Cuomo (Weezer) wearing a Wednesday shirt picture.

Despite the photo, he's not a Wednesday fan. He even says so on his official website. There's also some behind the scenes footage where the bassist is wearing the same shirt in the studio. Perhaps someone gave it to the band or something.

18 minutes ago, cross owl said:

They'll be cheering corbyn too , probably thinking his moronic ramblings are a new song 

This is a football forum mate. Why not go back to liking Britain First posts on your Facebook account.

4 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

This is a football forum mate. Why not go back to liking Britain First posts on your Facebook account.

Who's Britain first , i replied to a comment entirely about a group and i wouldnt have facebook if you paid me mate . 

Edited by cross owl

38 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Despite the photo, he's not a Wednesday fan. He even says so on his official website. There's also some behind the scenes footage where the bassist is wearing the same shirt in the studio. Perhaps someone gave it to the band or something.

I believe the story is (read it somewhere) they wanted to go to a game when they were in Sheffield playing the Leadmill (touring around the time of the Blue Album) so they were taken to watch Wednesday play and then they all got a shirt afterwards. Rivers got one with Waddle on the back. 

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It's funny how little events can shape your sporting loyalties That's why I have a bit of an issue when we don't take cup competitions seriously Can't tell you how many out of town Owls I've met, who's intro into Wednesdayism, was through us getting to a cup final, or similar 

That's the same with Johnny's boy, he was wavering until we beat Arsenal That's how it is when you don't come from Sheffield, it's not something that's passed down through generations, something has to trigger It For some, yeah, it will be a passing phase, but for others, like me, the club has you for life Don't really have any truck with people when they dismiss out of towners as not being real fans In many cases, your allegence is tested more, as it costs a heck of a lot more just to attend games

I feel the same way too mate, being a passionate Welsh Owl. Out of towners are good for any club for it's growth and it should be welcomed. And it's one of the proudest things I've liked about our fans, whenever I've been lucky enough to get to a game and to meet other Owls, they have been welcoming and friendly to me and other out of towners, and even to fans of other clubs. That's something about our support that I like and it should be encouraged, the same way as out of town support should be encouraged too. Growing up in South Wales, I only ever knew two other kids that were Owls fans but we were very passionate and proud Owls, that price and passion rubbed off onto our friends and fellow football fans, and made others look out for our results, and now in the internet age I'm amazed how many Owls fans there are near me in the South Wales area as evidenced by the South Wales South West facebook group, and I have found them to be just as passionate and proud as local Owls are.

When I was growing up most other kids were either Liverpool or Man U or Arsenal fans but I wanted to be different, those clubs didn't appeal to me, even though my dad was a Liverpool fan. I remember watching highlights of a Liverpool and Wednesday game with my dad and grandad, and being struck by the pace and dynamism of Hirst and Atkinson. In that game they ran rings around Liverpool's famous backline of their golden years. From that moment on I was hooked, and as I learnt about Wednesday's famous long history that hooked me even more. Whenever people ask me 'why Wednesday?' I tell them about that game against that mighty Liverpool team and I proudly tell them about Wednesday's famous long history and about early football developing in Sheffield.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

I love Radiohead but music is like it is with Women!  It's subjective.   You literally cannot fancy someone you don't fancy and you can't like something you don't like, even if your mate does 

12 hours ago, Grandad said:

Just rewatching Radiohead from last night... A mouse has just thrown itself onto a trap we set

That's the best assessment of a radiohead performance I've ever seen.

Not a fan myself, just can't see the attraction.