Roland Nilsson first player on the dream wall

So... 3 pre-WW1 players, 1 each from the 30s and 50s, 3 from the 60s, 1 from the 70s, 5 from the 90s and one from the 00s - is that right?

And 1 keeper, 6 defenders, 3 midfielders and 5 forwards. 

A bit of a shame no one from our mid-80s side made it, although I suppose their highs weren't quite as high as the highs of other periods and including players from less successful periods gives a better spread. Only 1 representative of our great late 20s-early 30s side, which is perhaps a bit surprising given that we've only ever won 4 titles, and they won two of them. Maybe the problem was that they were so good, it's hard to know which of them to pick.

Edited by Sova

2 hours ago, Sova said:

So... 3 pre-WW1 players, 1 each from the 30s and 50s, 3 from the 60s, 1 from the 70s, 5 from the 90s and one from the 00s - is that right?

A bit of a shame no one from our mid-80s side made it, although I suppose their highs weren't quite as high as the highs of other periods and including players from less successful periods gives a better spread. Only 1 representative of our great late 20s-early 30s side, which is perhaps a bit surprising given that we've only ever won 4 titles, and they won two of them. Maybe the problem was that they were so good, it's hard to know which of them to pick.

Mel Sterland from mid 80s side may have been close

6 hours ago, Sova said:

We voted so I could never see that many from the early days would get on.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/february/the-sheffield-wednesday-dream-scene/

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/february/who-makes-your-dream-scene/

It's been a while since the original announcement of the dream scene. Can someone remind re what the original will be, ie how big etc and where will it be put?

scrub that, ive just found the original post on the club site

Edited by clud17

2 hours ago, lawsom34 said:

Zico all day long in front of Bullen, he would have ran through a brick wall for us.

So would Bullen to be fair. Can see why Bullen was chosen due to him being a leader who got us out of the mire at a time when we had hit almost and all time low but no contest as to Sterland being a far better footballer and it would also have been nice to have him in as a player from was was a fairly successful team.

19 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

Final 15 then:

David Hirst

Chris Waddle

John Sheridan

Roland Nilsson

Lee Bullen

Des Walker

Terry Curran

Don Megson

John Fantham

Ron Springett

Derek Dooley

Fred Spiksley

Ernest Blenkinsop

Tommy Crawshaw

Andrew Wilson

Says a lot when 5 people are from the same team

8 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Says a lot when 5 people are from the same team

Being pick I'd say 4.  Walker signed in 93 and I associate him with the post 93 team that started to slowly go downhill under Francis, Pleat and Wilson. Not surprising that there are those from the same team as it is the most sucessful team we have had in the last fifty years and the fans voted. I would have preferred Sterland to Walker to represent the 80s side that went up and stayed in the top flight.

Edited by Etchesketch