Stadium Improvements Close Season

2 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Again told that we've acquired the land across from the stadium (Wednesdayite car park). I've seen all the posts saying it's not ours but with no progress on the development by the new owner does make me wonder if anything in this.

Imagine the meltdown from Wednesdayite members if we built on there. lollol

2 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Again told that we've acquired the land across from the stadium (Wednesdayite car park). I've seen all the posts saying it's not ours but with no progress on the development by the new owner does make me wonder if anything in this.

Just the car park , or all of the land including the old Charlie Browns , Bramalls and the wooded area at other end ? 

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Just the car park , or all of the land including the old Charlie Browns , Bramalls and the wooded area at other end ? 

If we have bought the Wednesdayite car park, the freehold title covers all the area as below. Charlie Browns is on a long-lease so may not be included:

Of course, we could just have bought a part of it only.

Capture-SW.PNG

It ain't big enough , other than a 10k capacity bowl.

Stick with current stadium , starting with Lepp.

Demolish back of it , leave Lower Lepp in situ for away supporters and build in from the back. Close season , demolish Lower Lepp and finish off.

Sorted.

Then move us into our new temporary stand on Lepp while they do the same on kop.

Sorted.

30 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

If we have bought the Wednesdayite car park, the freehold title covers all the area as below. Charlie Browns is on a long-lease so may not be included:

Of course, we could just have bought a part of it only.

Capture-SW.PNG

Thanks for that mate .

11 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

It ain't big enough , other than a 10k capacity bowl.

Stick with current stadium , starting with Lepp.

Demolish back of it , leave Lower Lepp in situ for away supporters and build in from the back. Close season , demolish Lower Lepp and finish off.

Sorted.

Then move us into our new temporary stand on Lepp while they do the same on kop.

Sorted.

It's certainly not big enough for a stadium but it is big enough for club offices, restaurants, retail units, hotels & corporate facilities that is needed if you want to maximise your income in modern day football. Overhead access to a redeveloped kop could be provided.

4 minutes ago, mogbad said:

It's certainly not big enough for a stadium but it is big enough for club offices, restaurants, retail units, hotels & corporate facilities that is needed if you want to maximise your income in modern day football. Overhead access to a redeveloped kop could be provided.

I thought Jaguar Estates had already bought it , along with proposed redevelopemen plans , including some of above.

Plenty of scope for including any SWFC related facilities within a West stand redevelopment anyway.

Including mi proposed pool and cabana deck.

I thought Jaguar Estates had already bought it , along with proposed redevelopemen plans , including some of above.

Plenty of scope for including any SWFC related facilities within a West stand redevelopment anyway.

They haven't put in for any planning permissions on the site. Not all developments go smoothly, or proceed at all.

My understanding is also that Jaguar Estates owned the land.

23 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

They haven't put in for any planning permissions on the site. Not all developments go smoothly, or proceed at all.

Probably why Wednesdayite have been given short term re-use of the car park.

Must say though , summat needs doing with that land , been an eyesore for years.

12 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

I won't be happy until the neon Sheffield Wednesday sign goes back up. WTF:

Apparently Dem Blavges are now claiming to have invented neon gas and that we're therefore not allowed to switch our sign on again until we issue a statement acknowledging Bumhole Lane as the home of neon!

lol

41 minutes ago, Key said:

Apparently Dem Blavges are now claiming to have invented neon gas and that we're therefore not allowed to switch our sign on again until we issue a statement acknowledging Bumhole Lane as the home of neon!

lol

Didnt they buy there scoreboard  from Darlington ? lol

Hardly the inventors , more the buyers of second hand cheapos.