Sign this lad

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I really don't get the love in for Mooy. Thought he didn't do much at all, especially on Wednesday.

If people had their way we would be Hudds next season (minus the stripes)

We don't need their players or loanees, we have better already. We just didn't play like we should.

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I think the OP knows this, and is making the point that a Burton midfielder scored more than any of our forwards.

I would certainly take him, but I suspect we'd fail to understand how to play to his strengths.

Snooty replay was to someone saying we had more than enough strikers not the OP. 

On 2017-5-20 at 00:26, toooldforthis said:

We have two top strikers and DC won't sign another. We need pacey wingers who can get the service in to our strikers...a midfield playmaker like Mooy, two full backs and one Central defender...for automatics

Yes, IF we are to play the Carlos system next season the full back positions need improving

We had pacey wingers in Buckley and McManaman that were rarely used because Wallace and Reach acted as full back cover

IF we can recruit two athletic full backs the wingers might just be released to attack the opposition.

Thats a couple of big ifs though.

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 00:26, toooldforthis said:

We have two top strikers and DC won't sign another. We need pacey wingers who can get the service in to our strikers...a midfield playmaker like Mooy, two full backs and one Central defender...for automatics

You mean the same players we needed last summer, that went well didn't it

Also the wingers would mean we completely change our approach to games, and looking at this season only one would get on the pitch with a central midfielder covering the other wing

On 20/05/2017 at 11:18, BathgateBob said:

I really don't get the love in for Mooy. Thought he didn't do much at all, especially on Wednesday.

If people had their way we would be Hudds next season (minus the stripes)

We don't need their players or loanees, we have better already. We just didn't play like we should.

I think they looked fitter than us, likely due to multiple injury comebacks in our side. But we should've beaten them in extra time, better chances to do so.

Guest wilyfox

Many laud Mooy, but Irvine is the one I've wanted all season. An athletic box-to-box midfielder on the up. Defends, scores, covers the ground well. Would cost a bomb, I reckon. Different to what we have. 

Guest Ryebeena
7 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

He's a big unit, fairly fast and would help if we were missing Hutchinson . His goals were great too.

Pointless signing, half of those goals were from crosses into the box. We dont provide that kind of service to proven ex PL and Championship strikers, were not gonna do it for a Burton midfielder!

(Think he'd be class tho to be fair!)

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Many laud Mooy, but Irvine is the one I've wanted all season. An athletic box-to-box midfielder on the up. Defends, scores, covers the ground well. Would cost a bomb, I reckon. Different to what we have. 

Speculating here, but I don't think he'd cost a bomb. Burton aren't a club that would command a ludicrous fee like some clubs. They'll be very aware that Irvine's stock could well be at it's highest. If he has a poor season next season, and Burton are relegated, he'll be worth little more than they paid for him. 

£2-3m and I reckon you'd get him. 

Sometimes you see these players and just know they ate going to be a success in the future. Like Ian Rush at Chester. 

You only hope that we take the gamble/plunge. 

Because I'm certain from what I've seen that if we don't well be watching from afar as his career blossoms.

1 hour ago, Ryebeena said:

Pointless signing, half of those goals were from crosses into the box. We dont provide that kind of service to proven ex PL and Championship strikers, were not gonna do it for a Burton midfielder!

(Think he'd be class tho to be fair!)

Could still do with the physical presence though