Did anyone see what I saw lol

2 hours ago, darklord said:

Felt last night that they wanted penalties all along 

They had more possession and more shots than us. If they wanted penalties, we must have been desperate for them.

1 hour ago, sethman75 said:

Yes OP

That is when i knew we were going to lose the pens.

Ward gets schooled on which way each player is going to go

Westwood gets told try your best mate

Who do you think is going to win

The one who faces two crap penalties instead of one crap penalty.

1 hour ago, sethman75 said:

Yes OP

That is when i knew we were going to lose the pens.

Ward gets schooled on which way each player is going to go

Westwood gets told try your best mate

Who do you think is going to win

Amazing that he's schooled on Sam Hutchinson who doesn't take pens. Must be bloody telepathic.

7 minutes ago, Key said:

So you accept you've lost the argument then? You should have been more prepared!

lol

Not lost owt mate your being pedantic for nothing get a grip you got too much time on your hands at end of day we lost they won then more prepared and more organised we didn't 

I felt that after the Fulham home game last week we should've done a practice run.  Get all the fans to stay behind after the match and get all the team to take a practice penalty walking from the halfway line in front of crowd so they know what to expect.  I'm sure it would've helped.

13 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

It said 'Penalty Dossier'

Sounds like a Crime Novel to me

Research them all you want but penalties are pot luck at best and feel the keeper hardly had to work to save Sam and Fessi's

That was it but still if they prepared like that for pens and we might not have what else did they prepare more fore. On a whole they was obviously more prepared they won but small things add up if you get me

3 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Not lost owt mate your being pedantic for nothing get a grip you got too much time on your hands at end of day we lost they won then more prepared and more organised we didn't 

I have got time on my hands actually; recovering from heart surgery. What's your excuse?

You keep repeating that you think they won because they were more prepared; I'm just curious as to how you have come to that conclusion and so far you've totally failed to put forward a sensible case. 

4 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

That was it but still if they prepared like that for pens and we might not have what else did they prepare more fore. On a whole they was obviously more prepared they won but small things add up if you get me

So did we or not? Unless you know for a FACT that we didn't then you don't have an argument!

PS We 'might not have' practiced corners, free kicks, or anything else; Sky certainly didn't show any footage of our 'dossiers' on these topics! It's an outrage!

lol

8 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Westwood got close to most of their penalties. Apart from 'be a bit taller or have longer arms', what advice are you giving him to save them?

Goalkeepers just guess which way player will hit ball, if they guess right way there's always a chance they'll save it. 

All down to luck really, all 5 of our pens were on target so we can't really blame our players who missed.

Edited by bradowl

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Goalkeepers just guess which way player will hit ball, if they guess right way there's always a chance they'll save it. 

All down to luck really, all 5 of our pens were on target so you can't really blame our players who missed.

Exactly!

Goalkeeping Coach: "Look at this dossier we've spent hours researching: 50% he puts it left; 30% right; 20% down middle. OK? We didn't have time to research all the others, most of whom never take pens anyway, so you know exactly what to do, right?"

Goalkeeper: "Yeah, of course. Thanks Coach; that really helped.

lol

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

All down to luck really, all 5 of our pens were on target so we can't really blame our players who missed.

'Good' goalkeepers advance a yard in front of the line, something the Lino totally ignored. The fact that the penalties should have been retaken has been ignored. I thought I was seeing things for the first, but watched closely for the rest. Their GK's first move is slightly forward off the line (2-3Feet) which is totally illegal.

Then listened in amazement in the car park when CC, asked why Rhodes didn't take one, replied he didn't feel up to it'  

Just now, Buxtongent said:

'Good' goalkeepers advance a yard in front of the line, something the Lino totally ignored. The fact that the penalties should have been retaken has been ignored. I thought I was seeing things for the first, but watched closely for the rest. Their GK's first move is slightly forward off the line (2-3Feet) which is totally illegal.

Then listened in amazement in the car park when CC, asked why Rhodes didn't take one, replied he didn't feel up to it'  

That's incredible, I think I might phone work up in a bit and say I don't feel up to it for afternoon shift today. 

36 minutes ago, Key said:

I have got time on my hands actually; recovering from heart surgery. What's your excuse?

You keep repeating that you think they won because they were more prepared; I'm just curious as to how you have come to that conclusion and so far you've totally failed to put forward a sensible case. 

They won 

44 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

They won 

Oh dear! You've given up now haven't you. 

'They won' is factually correct, well done for stating the bleedin' obvious. However, your assertion that they won because they were more prepared than us remains entirely unproven.

2 hours ago, Redfern Froggatt said:

they'd have to go back a while to find evidence of how Hunt, Hutch and Lee take penalties.  Had our strikers taken penalties this theory just might stand up to scrutiny

my point exactly.

When have they ever taken a penalty before?

Hutch had the pressure of the first one and put it at a nice height to save.

Hunt and Lee were perfect. I'd be happy for them to take a few more...

4 minutes ago, Key said:

Oh dear! You've given up now haven't you. 

'They won' is factually correct, well done for stating the bleedin' obvious. However, your assertion that they won because they were more prepared than us remains entirely unproven.

Has hat surgery messed with your head. You don't win a game unless you prepare for it all bar the I'd few lucky goals. Considering we were outplayed in both legs shows they was more prepared and they won they was more prepared your brain dead 

Just now, MuddyFunkster said:

Didn't Westwood go the right way and nearly get his hand on a couple of their pens? Suggests he'd probably already done his homework. 

No if he'd done his homework he'd know that he was meant to stop them after diving the right way. Obviously.

3 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Not entirely sure about that.

They came and had a right good go - and got what they fully deserved.

Absoloutley! They were the better side in both legs (tbf that wasn't hard), thoroughly deserved to go through & thought their fans made a real racket too, good luck to them.