Predictions? is hooper too much of loss?

1 hour ago, CiderOwl said:

Potentially back for the final when we get there.

A loss, yes. Too much of a loss, no. This is exactly why we have strength in depth. Hooper out, in comes Rhodes, Forestieri, Winnall or Fletcher.

Don't mistake excitement for nerves. We're on our way.

None of who do the job that Hooper does.

I fear for us if he's out. Call it an over exaggeration I don't really care 

Guest RocketOwl

Hooper is a huge loss.

Is it true though? Why would the club let Huddersfield know this?

If Hooper was playing they have to consider maybe their centre midfilder playing a bit deeper and centre backs pushing up, if FF started it would surprise them and could have been an advantage as we would play a completely different way, with FF probably playing on that big lumps shoulder.

Guest Coyt

Have to say Hooper will be a big miss, for me he's been one of our key players since his return but as others have said we certainly have enough quality in our attacking department. 

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Yes, that's true. It's made it more difficult. We've a good chance against 'Udders, but it would cost us against Fulham.

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

How many games did we win whilst Hooper was injured?

Whilst Hooper was playing up until his injury (mid Nov), we were 9th,

then in his absence we rose to 6th,

then on his return we rose to 4th

Almost impossible to say what effect Hooper has had, good or bad.

His goal total has been woefull this season, scoring in 2 wins in 26 appearances, but he brings other things to the team.

But having good player out is a bad thing, whoever they are.

Edited by zzmdu

3 hours ago, WezOwl1989 said:

His link up play has been key in the run in... Is he out for the whole potential 3 games??

Really confident after beating Ipswich 

But now I've got a feeling it's going to go wrong... I'd have much preferred to be at Hillsborough first to try get it finished. 

Or is it just me being nervous? 

I'll be devastated is if we don't go up :/ especially If Udders beat us 3 or 4 nil and we go to Hillsborough with the game over 

But on the other hand we get a draw there... Then I'll be Mega confident of us finishing it at Hillsborough 

Wet fannies are back again WTF:

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I would be worried if both him and Lee were out as we struggle to link midfield to attack without them. Not ideal to be missing him but with Lee in the team I think we will be ok. 

A big loss, as though we have quality replacements with proven record at this level, they don't play the same way or link midfield to attack the way he does. With Lee fit, he might be able to cover some of that, and maybe Forestieri can do something similar. 

Or, we could try and push down the wings a little more. There should be enough quality in the squad that even if we have to change style a little it won't really make too much difference

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Jeez hope the team aren't as hysterical as you. 

Don't be stupid, no ones hysterical I can just see how extremely vital he is, if you can't that's not my problem

put it this way, if I had to choose between FF or hooper being out, I'd choose FF. More likely to get a result with hooper in the side, but that's just my personal opinion

Edited by FreshOwl

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

I would be worried if both him and Lee were out as we struggle to link midfield to attack without them. Not ideal to be missing him but with Lee in the team I think we will be ok. 

Yep agree with that, if Lee was out as well then it really would be curtains 

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Don't be stupid, no ones hysterical I can just see how extremely vital he is, if you can't that's not my problem

put it this way, if I had to choose between FF or hooper being out, I'd choose FF. More likely to get a result with hooper in the side, but that's just my personal opinion

Not disputing he's a big player for us, but you're going in several threads stating how you don't fancy us without Hooper- whereas games this season against Huddersfield and other top sides where Hooper hasn't featured proves we're more than capable of winning regardless. 

19 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Not disputing he's a big player for us, but you're going in several threads stating how you don't fancy us without Hooper- whereas games this season against Huddersfield and other top sides where Hooper hasn't featured proves we're more than capable of winning regardless. 

Several threads? Cmon now. And these other top sides, you mean Newcastle? Where hooper featured and was instrumental in the home win. We have got an abundance of striking talent I agree, but winnall and Rhodes operate in the six yard box, and don't link up the play further up the pitch, without that link they become isolated, thus obsolete