Predictions? is hooper too much of loss?

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Several threads? Cmon now. And these other top sides, you mean Newcastle? Where hooper featured and was instrumental in the home win. We have got an abundance of striking talent I agree, but winnall and Rhodes operate in the six yard box, and don't link up the play further up the pitch, without that link they become isolated, thus obsolete 

Newcastle away? Norwich home? Huddersfield twice? Hooper has barely featured this season and yet we've consistently picked up wins. Definitely appreciate what you're saying about his influence, but I think Kieran lee coming back will mitigate for what we lose from GH. 

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Newcastle away? Norwich home? Huddersfield twice? Hooper has barely featured this season and yet we've consistently picked up wins. Definitely appreciate what you're saying about his influence, but I think Kieran lee coming back will mitigate for what we lose from GH. 

Fair point. Huddersfield I don't really see an issue with, and I'm sure we'll beat them over two legs, it's the Reading/Fulham final I would be concerned about. Hopefully we will have an effective game plan by then

11 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Fair point. Huddersfield I don't really see an issue with, and I'm sure we'll beat them over two legs, it's the Reading/Fulham final I would be concerned about. Hopefully we will have an effective game plan by then

Hopefully Hooper may even have made a recovery by then. Fingers crossed. 

35 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Several threads? Cmon now. And these other top sides, you mean Newcastle? Where hooper featured and was instrumental in the home win. We have got an abundance of striking talent I agree, but winnall and Rhodes operate in the six yard box, and don't link up the play further up the pitch, without that link they become isolated, thus obsolete 

Huge fan of a Hooper but I'm not as concerned as you are.

We have a very well balanced side now, and have Lee linking defence and attack. Fletcher thrives off Rhodes, having scored 4 goals in two and a half games!!

He is a big miss but we have enough.

5 hours ago, Beavertown said:

2-0 win away leg for the Owls!

3-1 at home...

Fulham in final 1-0 win to the Owls Nuhiu last 95th min...

I think we will be playing Reading and we will beat them 2-0 in the final after beating Huddersfield by 6 clear goals with Rhodes scoring 4.

Get your money on that series of events now!

2 minutes ago, JUNNY said:

Got a feeling Fessi and Rhodes are going to fire us up. 

If they play together I hope they hit it off better than they did v Wigan, Brentford and Leeds, cos they were awful.

Forest Away was good.

But one goal combined in four matches doesn't fill me with confidence that it's a partnership forged in heaven.

5 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Well, we've beaten them twice already without Hooper in the squad. We didn't have Rhodes on either of those occasions, and for the last game Lee was injured. I also think we're better at this moment than we were when we beat them, in terms of individual performances and momentum. 

Whilst he is a loss to the team, we have more than enough to beat them. It's who turns up on the occasion though. 

Hooper played in the first game at Huddersfield.

5 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Would we be better off not playing Fletcher if Hooper can't make it?  Fletch seems more effective when Hoops is playing.

With him hitting the best form of his career in goal-scoring terms in the last month I would have to keep Fletcher in. 

If Rhodes starts it might be that the dropping deeper to receive job falls to Fletcher , which he is capable to doing. Though lacking perhaps Hoopers finesse 

18 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Would we be better off not playing Fletcher if Hooper can't make it?  Fletch seems more effective when Hoops is playing.

He has scored four in less than two and a half games paired with Rhodes.....that's pretty effective!!!

He is on fire. Cant leave him out.

Guest Ferkorf

I almost forgot about that! 

I had 100 quid on the pigs to beat chesterfield and wednesday to beat Huddersfield that day. 

They beat chesterfield 1-0 in an early kick off. I remember thinking I had won late in the game until RHODES lol