4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

FFS, some of you are stuck in the past, when it comes to this bloke. Nobody is saying he's gash, but he's hardly the world beater some of you make out

potential to be great though

Hopefully his presence will continue to give us the edge

30 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

FFS, some of you are stuck in the past, when it comes to this bloke. Nobody is saying he's gash, but he's hardly the world beater some of you make out

When did anyone say he was world class?!?!

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

So when was the last time he produced that ability consistently? His best days are long gone

No offence intended here mate, but that is absolute testicles

Before this season, where admittedly he's had a lean patch by his standards, Rhodes goal-scoring statistics are incredible

Look at his league goals and appearances prior to this season:

• 2015/16: 43 appearances, 16 goals - Championship
  • 2014/15: 45 appearances, 21 goals - Championship
  • 2013/14: 46 appearances, 25 goals - Championship
  • 2012/13: 45 appearances, 29 goals - Championship
  • 2011/2012: 40 appearances, 36 goals (!!) - League 1

To try to claim this guy isn't as good as people make out, or that his best days are gone is complete and utter nonsense. If anything this guy is underrated by most people on here. He's a fantastic striker, with a great first touch, great movement, fantastic in the air and works hard for the team. He's also got zero ego and won't complain about not playing.

Next year, he will get us 20 goals. Give him some time to actually get some consistent game-time in an attacking team that is fully up to strength, without missing key players and you'll see exactly how good he is.

15 minutes ago, MOwl said:

No offence intended here mate, but that is absolute testicles

Before this season, where admittedly he's had a lean patch by his standards, Rhodes goal-scoring statistics are incredible

Look at his league goals and appearances prior to this season:

• 2015/16: 43 appearances, 16 goals - Championship
  • 2014/15: 45 appearances, 21 goals - Championship
  • 2013/14: 46 appearances, 25 goals - Championship
  • 2012/13: 45 appearances, 29 goals - Championship
  • 2011/2012: 40 appearances, 36 goals (!!) - League 1

To try to claim this guy isn't as good as people make out, or that his best days are gone is complete and utter nonsense. If anything this guy is underrated by most people on here. He's a fantastic striker, with a great first touch, great movement, fantastic in the air and works hard for the team. He's also got zero ego and won't complain about not playing.

Next year, he will get us 20 goals. Give him some time to actually get some consistent game-time in an attacking team that is fully up to strength, without missing key players and you'll see exactly how good he is.

if you were statistically minded you could say they show he is on a downward curve

fwiw im sure he will be fine after a full pre-season next year

4 minutes ago, modboy said:

if you were statistically minded you could say they show he is on a downward curve

fwiw im sure he will be fine after a full pre-season next year

Worth pointing out that in those seasons he has played for three different teams and statistically his best goal-scoring has come when he has spent a full season at a team. 

16 hours ago, rickygoo said:

His record with other clubs suggests he'll come good. You don't score that many goals without being a superb striker at this level. But he isn't playing like the best striker in the division. He's playing like he's the third or fourth best striker in the club  - which is why CC made the understandable decision to demote him to the bench. Looks down on confidence - that miscontrol on Sunday when he would have been clean through smacked of it. 

Good whole-hearted player. He's trying but it's just not running for him. Fingers crossed the big occasion will turn it round for him.

We haven't got time for JR to find a bit of form/confidence, so for me it's Fletcher + Winnall to start Sunday. 

Took his goal really well and I think he looked a fair bit fitter and sharper than Rhodes. Be interesting to see what he could do playing off a target man, rather than with another on the shoulder striker like Jordan. 

Edited by lee81

1 hour ago, lee81 said:

We haven't got time for JR to find a bit of form/confidence, so for me it's Fletcher + Winnall to start Sunday. 

Took his goal really well and I think he looked a fair bit fitter and sharper than Rhodes. Be interesting to see what he could do playing off a target man, rather than with another on the shoulder striker like Jordan. 

Winnall won't be starting .

1 hour ago, lee81 said:

"Be interesting to see....." belongs in friendlies, not the Play-offs.

We have one of the best proven strikers in Championship history.

He is in his prime at 27.

The team can't stop scoring when he is on that grass. 

The team can't start scoring when he isn't.

If that isn't an easy call I don't know what is.

Edited by Holmowl

40 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

"Be interesting to see....." belongs in friendlies, not the Play-offs.

We have one of the best proven strikers in Championship history.

He is in his prime at 27.

The team can't stop scoring when he is on that grass. 

The team can't start scoring when he isn't.

If that isn't an easy call I don't know what is.

He should be in his prime, but his goals record this season indicates that he isn't in any sort of form. If Forestieri is fit, then you'd have to start him, he scores goals, and he makes things happen

Fletcher and Winnall for me on Sat, they're both in decent scoring form and Winnall just somehow looks more mobile.  Rhodes looking like he's dragging a parachute when he starts off to try and sprint.  Rhodes probably has Winnall slightly in the air but I'd say Winnall is sharper in and around the box and he'd not even made the squad for last few games.

If you have to go on form, confidence and fitness (rather than reputation) it's Stevie Winwood all the way baby.

41 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Fletcher and Winnall for me on Sat, they're both in decent scoring form and Winnall just somehow looks more mobile.  Rhodes looking like he's dragging a parachute when he starts off to try and sprint.  Rhodes probably has Winnall slightly in the air but I'd say Winnall is sharper in and around the box and he'd not even made the squad for last few games.

If you have to go on form, confidence and fitness (rather than reputation) it's Stevie Winwood all the way baby.

Compared to Forestieri, Rhodes and Winnall look like a pair of League One strikers. If Forestieri is injured, I'd probably go for Rhodes alongside Fletcher, but there isn't much to choose between him and Winnall

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He should be in his prime, but his goals record this season indicates that he isn't in any sort of form. If Forestieri is fit, then you'd have to start him, he scores goals, and he makes things happen

No, he scores mainly from wide left.

Stick him up front and the team goals dry up.

Fact, not opinion.

On 07/05/2017 at 14:54, modboy said:

Not the player I thought we were signing, frustrating. Looked unfit today.

We know he can do it though... hopefully 

Rhodes does an important job when on the pitch without scoring goals, he takes 2 players with him mostly which creates an overload in other areas. Look at the stats of us scoring goals with and without him, there's more to his game than just scoring goals. 

40 minutes ago, Dronny Owl said:

Rhodes does an important job when on the pitch without scoring goals, he takes 2 players with him mostly which creates an overload in other areas. Look at the stats of us scoring goals with and without him, there's more to his game than just scoring goals. 

But, we surely wouldn't pay £10m for somebody to do that? Joao's goals per minutes played record this season, is better, and he really does occupy defenders. Most would have hoped for a lot more from Jordan Rhodes Me, I always thought he would struggle

Just now, gurujuan said:

But, we surely wouldn't pay £10m for somebody to do that? Joao's goals per minutes played record this season, is better, and he really does occupy defenders. Most would have hoped for a lot more from Jordan Rhodes Me, I always thought he would struggle

10 million is nothing compared to what you get from being promoted to the premier league, the team scores when Rhodes is playing, give him a full pre season and he will be in form. Joao doesn't take 2 men with him wherever he goes. He brings something else rather than just goals.