1 minute ago, hypnosisman said:

If Wednesday get promoted into the Premier division Hillsborough will be full every week no matter the ground capacity.  39,000 won't be big enough in the future as the club grows.

I was a doubter, but I am becoming convinced that you are correct.

Though there will be some matches where we fall way short. Watford or Bournemouth on a winter Tuesday evening will still be 25k. 

37 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I've seen Blades slagging off our attendances

Apparently they got 30k v Chesterfield while we only got 28k v derby and they bought 4k

And our attendance v Newcastle was poo  

lol

Not played Chesterfield yet, might be on about last game v Bradford when 26,000 turned up including 2,200 Bradford fans. They're not right good at counting dem blades.

They might get close to 30k next week against Chessie but week after we'll beat that easily and gate receipts will be double there's.

Oh and in our last game in pub league we got 38,000.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Though there will be some matches where we fall way short. Watford or Bournemouth on a winter Tuesday evening will still be 25k. 

Midweek games in Premier league are very few with them playing 8 games less.

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Not played Chesterfield yet, might be on about last game v Bradford when 26,000 turned up including 2,200 Bradford fans. They're not right good at counting dem blades.

They might get close to 30k next week against Chessie but week after we'll beat that easily and gate receipts will be double there's.

Oh and in our last game in pub league we got 38,000.

amen - wait till McCabe reviews the ticket policy at united to sustain survival - the trough lickers will be up in arms.

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

amen - wait till McCabe reviews the ticket policy at united to sustain survival - the trough lickers will be up in arms.

My piggy workmate reckons they'll increase match-day from present £18 to about £24 on kop.

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

My piggy workmate reckons they'll increase match-day from present £18 to about £24 on kop.

whilst we would love that price, it would be 30 odd % in one go and the precedent would have been set.

Years of cheap and free tickets has never been sustainable.

19 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It won't because season ticket sales will be more than that.

Plus if they are smart you won't be able to get a ticket to Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs or Man City unless you buy TWO tickets for the other thirteen teams.

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

If we get a gate over 30,000 against Fulham then we will have averaged over 27000 for the season.

DC should be happy with that considering the cost of the tickets.

Would have been interesting to know how many we would have averaged if the prices for the tickets cost say Five 

Pound lower.

When was the last time we averaged over 27000?

If we do get in the Premiership averaging over 30000 for the season should be achievable.

That depends on what mood SAG are in . 

31 minutes ago, hypnosisman said:

If Wednesday get promoted into the Premier division Hillsborough will be full every week no matter the ground capacity.  39,000 won't be big enough in the future as the club grows.

I agree. When we last went up and finished 3rd we had the 3rd highest average attendances in the then 1st division. The popularity of the Premier League has grown and attendances risen generally since those days so we should get a higher average than that onow. It would take some doing to get close to a few of the bigger clubs but if we make improvements to the ground to allow the increased capacity we should be close the 39,000 sell outs for many of the games. One of the effects of the last 15 years has been that we've lost sight of the fact that Wednesday are a club with a big fan base. 

23 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

It won't because season ticket sales will be more than that.

Plus if they are smart you won't be able to get a ticket to Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs or Man City unless you buy TWO tickets for the other thirteen teams.

When you consider we have just over 20K season ticket holders now, with over 5K members - I would expect these will be converted and we'll get another couple of thousand floaters - so circa 27K.

I suspect most of that 20%  growth in the season average attendance came from season tickets. Total revenue might not therefore be as high as you believe.

If you consider the number of 3 year deals, early bird deals, concessions for OAP's etc the prices  are  nowhere near as punitive as pay on day prices.

For instance a 3 year season ticket for an over 65 in the North Stand will average at a little over £12 per game. You would have needed to stump up the cash  in advance of course but if one or two of those seasons were in the Premier League, Mr Chansiri might regret these deals.

You could see a situation where you just couldn't get a ticket at any price for several Prem games with attendance limited to the low 30,000's.

Don't think Mr C  would be happy with that,  but hey lets get there first and worry about it later.

22 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I suspect most of that 20%  growth in the season average attendance came from season tickets. Total revenue might not therefore be as high as you believe.

If you consider the number of 3 year deals, early bird deals, concessions for OAP's etc the prices  are  nowhere near as punitive as pay on day prices.

For instance a 3 year season ticket for an over 65 in the North Stand will average at a little over £12 per game. You would have needed to stump up the cash  in advance of course but if one or two of those seasons were in the Premier League, Mr Chansiri might regret these deals.

You could see a situation where you just couldn't get a ticket at any price for several Prem games with attendance limited to the low 30,000's.

Don't think Mr C  would be happy with that,  but hey lets get there first and worry about it later.

Why would Mr Chansiri regret those discounted prices for people who bought 3 year season tickets, the £100 Million + given to Premiership teams each season more than compensates for this and in the grand scheme of things is only a small percentage of the clubs profits.

Remember away fans have only been charged £20 for I think most Premiership games this season which would've cost clubs a lot more in revenue but I've heard none of them complaining.

Edited by owl-zat

34 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

Why would Mr Chansiri regret those discounted prices for people who bought 3 year season tickets, the £100 Million + given to Premiership teams each season more than compensates for this and in the grand scheme of things is only a small percentage of the clubs profits.

Remember away fans have only been charged £20 for I think most Premiership games this season which would've cost clubs a lot more in revenue but I've heard none of them complaining.

Its £30 for away fans at Premier league grounds though one or two have reduced price to £20 for certain games, Sunderland fans at Southampton only paid £20,

11 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Its £30 for away fans at Premier league grounds though one or two have reduced price to £20 for certain games, Sunderland fans at Southampton only paid £20,

i recently saw a Virgin Media advert to send ticket stubs to get the balance back so you basically only paid £20. therefore the prices must be above £20 or the offer would be obsolete.

Edited by Lombado

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:55, barmyowl1212 said:

Its been up and down all season. The man doing Ground tour last friday told us that. 

it has yes sometimes we are allowed 1000 on lower west sometimes 1500 sometimes zero sometimes we can sell end blocks on south sometimes we can not ,sometimes we are allowed bottom 20 rows on last block on north t block, its crazy there is a different capacity for each game nowhere else in the world has this nonsense

6 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

it has yes sometimes we are allowed 1000 on lower west sometimes 1500 sometimes zero sometimes we can sell end blocks on south sometimes we can not ,sometimes we are allowed bottom 20 rows on last block on north t block, its crazy there is a different capacity for each game nowhere else in the world has this nonsense

Probably done by which games they think there's a risk of trouble, Fulham aren't known for causing trouble so should be a low risk game.

Had we been playing Leeds in last game segregation would have been 8,000 seats.

Edited by bradowl

49 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

nearly every premiership club only gives appx 2000 seats to away supporters so charging them £30 instead of £40-65 aint going to cost them much as its about 40k an average prem game wont even account for 0.5% of there revenue