Derby Forum

2 hours ago, York_Owl said:

Hunt has to come in for Palmer.  Do we have any other right back options? Could Macmanaman or Buckley play there?

If fit I think Forestieri has to start. I'd play him in the no 10 role with Hooper or Rhodes. Probably Hooper.

So you would rather play McManaman or Buckley at right back instead of Palmer. 

Ince would swap wings and have a field day.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Very true 

As others have mentioned before I wonder if Sasso would be better at right back than Palmer. As he has played there for previous clubs. 

16 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

No, not really just throwing some names around.  Obviously Hunt comes back in for the three remaining games.  I just worry about Palmer at RB and wondered if there were any alternatives.  It's often easier for a wide midfielder to drop back into full back (like Reach for example) than a central midfielder.  I know Palmer has been playing there for years now but he still looks out of position at full back.

As @Southie_Owl says Sasso may well be a better shout especially if he has some experience of playing there before. 

1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

No, not really just throwing some names around.  Obviously Hunt comes back in for the three remaining games.  I just worry about Palmer at RB and wondered if there were any alternatives.  It's often easier for a wide midfielder to drop back into full back (like Reach for example) than a central midfielder.  I know Palmer has been playing there for years now but he still looks out of position at full back.

As @Southie_Owl says Sasso may well be a better shout especially if he has some experience of playing there before. 

Palmer is more than adequate cover for Hunt at right back at this level.

12 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Defensively Palmer arguably offers more than Hunt, but personally I feel Hunt offers far more offensively. 

Not if you watched the QPR game. He was awful the first half. Marginally better in the second. 

Hunt is on form & been much much better defensively in past month.

19 hours ago, wingfieldram said:

Derby fan here.

You have little to worry about this coming Saturday. Its been a poor season for the rams and we have been dreadful in our last two games. Pretty certain most of our players are thinking about their summer holidays rather than playing for their future at the club. The 3 points is there on a plate for you. 

Best of luck in the play offs

Thanks for the Good Luck message but you'd have to be a Wednesday fan to understand why we're worried !

16 minutes ago, Stainless1983 said:

Not if you watched the QPR game. He was awful the first half. Marginally better in the second. 

Hunt is on form & been much much better defensively in past month.

Fair enough Stainless, didn't see the QPR game but made my assessment over what I've seen of both of them over time.  Obviously makes Hunt a shoe in if he's offering more defensively as well.

On 20/04/2017 at 17:14, Markowski77 said:

Still get shudders from our relegation season......

been at pride park 3-1 up in injury time....end up drawing 3-3

Never felt worse after a game! The day we we were effectively relegated and gave up the ghost.

On 20/04/2017 at 15:25, Stainless1983 said:

I recall at their ground Ince ruined Pudil who ended up coming off early. Hopefully his new found form will turn it around this time. Still makes me think it needs to be Reach on the left. Unchanged line up for us?

Payback time then innit?

1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

I thought exactly the same he looked lost hence why I was looking at other potential options as back up to Hunt.

if hunts fit id have sasso on bench to cover right back and centre half think palmer is a wasted option on bench as he really only plays right back.