SAG - Irritating but necessary

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

The post above suggests we should lie down before them and respect every decision they make.

Yes but he did say it was a fantastic OP so I'm kind of torn here 

Guest Deleted member

FWIW I would hate for us to leave Hillsborough and don't think we ever should.

Sadly i don't think any of us will get a choice 

Guest keepitsteel67

The post above suggests we should lie down before them and respect every decision they make.

Nah what am saying is SAG have there reasons for being like they are that's all.. by all means complain there's nowt anyone can do bout it though lol. 

It's kinda like a drink driver that killed like 5 people and has been released from jail and got his license back and even though it was 30 years ago and he dosnt drive the same Shi* car anymore..He dosnt drink anymore and is an excellent driver who has fully repented the government or whatever still make him go do a drug and alcohol test every single week.. request his car to have a box fitted t monitor his speed..Go to dvla awareness courses and generally just go out there way t hassle him with unnecessary OT stuff but as with both situations u just gotta suck it up cos IT happened and that's that..

Easy to say but the disaster should

only impinge on current thinking if the relevant issues haven't changed sufficiently. Factors like overall capacity, standing and fencing have obviously changed drastically. The approach to the stadium is different, I believe there are added turnstiles and presumably signage and stewarding is much better.

At face value when you see how close fans are at other games - and when we go away - the restrictions at Hillsborough are draconian. 

Having said that very few of us know what the current rules are that are being applied. I know there were 38k in against Wycombe but they were virtually all home fans and it maybe certain rules and criteria have changed since then.  Any extra restrictions will impact overnight making what happened 4 or 5 years ago irrelevant.

Plus the stadium isn't getting any younger and as time passes restrictions won't be eased - they'll just get worse.

i can see a move from Hillsborough being forced on us as standards are tightened. 

Guest Deleted member

The North West Corner concrete is deteriorating very badly. Hasn't had a safety certificate for some time 

Nah what am saying is SAG have there reasons for being like they are that's all.. by all means complain there's nowt anyone can do bout it though lol. 

It's kinda like a drink driver that killed like 5 people and has been released from jail and got his license back and even though it was 30 years ago and he dosnt drive the same Shi* car anymore..He dosnt drink anymore and is an excellent driver who has fully repented the government or whatever still make him go do a drug and alcohol test every single week.. request his car to have a box fitted t monitor his speed..Go to dvla awareness courses and generally just go out there way t hassle him with unnecessary OT stuff but as with both situations u just gotta suck it up cos IT happened and that's that..

No , SAG make it up as they go along. There is no consistency in their decisions. One visiting team can have 4k tickets , another only 3k . Some games Wednesday fans can have a few hundred tickets on the lower Lepp , the next game we cant.  

These faceless bellends need to be made accountable for what they do. They clearly have an agenda against the club ,a nasty vendetta . 

The North West Corner concrete is deteriorating very badly. Hasn't had a safety certificate for some time 

So if its so dangerous ,and not safe for the public to uses , why are Sky allowed to put their TV studio on there ? 

And why were Wycombe fans allowed to sit on it. ? 

Guest keepitsteel67

To be perfectly honest I assume a club rep will be taking issue with them on some level, but I personally think DC couldn't give a **** about SAG he's got his long term plans and Sag and any financial loss they create for the club is insignificant. Were obviously planning to move away in the next 10 years anyway

Guest keepitsteel67

You realise DC and hi circles have the financial power to match most premier league clubs.. this isn't a short term investment, if even an investment at all.. It's just a cool thing for the family to do because they can do it.. personally I could see DC forming some kind of family owned syndicate who own the club in the future and they'll probably be owning us for a few generations, at least..So..SAG -terwit ter whoooo?

Edited by keepitsteel67

True and we've got dickheads on here that stick up for them.

Oh the irony of you calling those who stick up for the decisions of SAG dickheads when one of the main factors in reduced capacities is the behaviour of dickheads who presumably don't stick up for them

Guest RocketOwl

When you try and get a beer on the KOP at HT then proceed to gasp for some fresh air to drink it whilst getting stuck between people going both ways, something needs changing.

Oh the irony of you calling those who stick up for the decisions of SAG dickheads when one of the main factors in reduced capacities is the behaviour of dickheads who presumably don't stick up for them

Can you name another club who have had their capacity reduced because they have a few idiotic fans ? 

Maybe @Grandad can help out here. 

I'm one of the most critical of the SAG on here and stand by my comments. 

I think if I'm right grandad knew John Rutherford well, sorry if I got his name wrong but under him even though the SAG was still too me over extreme at leat there was consistently rules made, we even had full houses and bits of leeway. 

I'm sure John left last season? But this season it seems it's a scatter gun approach, every game a different rule. I'm not even sure we have someone who replaced John. Just seems a bit iffy this year. 

Was John more influential than we thought?  I know he got criticised sometimes about the flags etc..... But this season it just feels different. 

Or do we have new SAG people? 

Whichever,  this season is scatter gun approach and sometimes I feel like an agenda 

Guest Deleted member

I knew John to speak to, I didn't speak to him often, more a case of in passing but he was always happy to discuss the stadium and safety. He was a great bloke, and now looks after Trent Bridge and Oakwell

John left because he felt he couldn't work with the Chairman any more. He has been replaced, not met the new guy but I believe previous to Hillsborough he was responsible for safety at Wycombe. 

John had been our Safety guy for 13 years. It's purely speculation, but maybe the SAG felt more comfortable with his experience than our new guy? I really don't know, but the clubs safety guy does sit on the SAG and maybe JR could be more demanding as a result of working with them longer 

Whatever the facts, SAG shouldn't be about personalities it should be about what's right. H&S will always be more cautious than under cautious though, it's their nature 

recommend ndations d Safety is necessary, but I do have concerns over the decisions made by SAG.  The inconsistencies in their decision making are baffling to myself as an outsider.  Perhaps if SAG explained these decisions in detail we would be more inclined to accept their decisions.

Yes, i think its this simple, if we knew their thought processes, so we could understand their recommendations better.  

Sometimes you get the impression a member of SAG has had an idea overnight, contacts the club to tell them to deal with it.

Just needs some clarity.