I don't want rid of Carlos

We will surely find out this week if we are sticking with Carlos for the run-in, or bringing in a new man.

This break is the obvious and possibly only opportunity to make a meaningful change. The games come too thick and fast in April.

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 08:05, shandypants said:

I have been highly critical of Carlos like many over the last few months, however, I don't want rid of him; I just want him to return to last season's philosophy, style and tactics. 

Does anyone else else gel the same? 

I'd much rather Carlos turn it round and get us where we want to be. Unfortunately I can't see how he's going to do it. He's already shown that he's a very stubborn man and would rather ostrocise players than sort out any problems. I can't imagine him suddenly changing his style. It's a shame cos I've enjoyed his reign on the whole and he's a very charismatic manager 

Personally I'm pleased with our season so far, our position in the league considering injuries, suspensions, hissy fits and player transitions. 

Could we play better - yes! Could we win more - yes! Could it have been worse - yes! 

I'm very hopeful that we will finish strong and have a fighting chance via playoffs. That's what I expected pre season and what I expect now. 

Next season I think we'll be stronger and more consolidated! 

I think the job CC is doing is a good one.

We're in a rut at the moment though, struggling with injuries and, more relevantly, a slightly unsure system and players somewhat wedged in.

Not sure Rhodes and Winnall will ever really work with our system, Jones doesn't really do the job of Hutch, no-one really replaces Lee or FF, and he's not really sure what to do with Reach (who as it happens I do rate)

Combination of all that sees us dip below the high standard required to win games consistently.

But CC has shown enough recently and less recently that he can get us the wind required.

I don't want Carlos axed but if we miss out on the play -off's, I wouldn't be surprised to see a change happen after the end of the season. We need a bit of perspective, this season is the toughest and most competitive the division as been since the 3 points for a win system was introduced back in 1981. Despite the negative defensive football we're still clinging onto 6th and in contention to make the play-off's. In a short space of time we've gone from mid-table/bottom 6 strugglers into top 6 challengers. Whether we make the play-off's or not, we're capable of challenging next season, it takes quite a lot of strong teams years to go up (Leicester, Watford, etc) and the likes of Brighton and Derby have been challenging for years. Whatever happens, will happen but with Chansiri we're capable of putting up a challenge next season and however long it takes, if Carlos doesn't take us up he'll eventually find someone who will, as a fan base we need patience and to realise how far we've come in a short space of time.

I'd like to see him try something different. A change of formation to a 4-3-3 pretty much the one he employed v Arsenal that we haven't seen much of, if at all, since.

Playing three in midfield will stop us being over run. As a minimum we should be able to get a grip and a bit of control in midfield. Unfortunately a key man in this setup, Abdi, is yet again out injured. But we do have someone that could replace him but this means burying the hatchet with McGugan.  So Hutchinson at the base, McGugan to the right and one of Bannan or Jones (possibly even Reach) to the left.

the front three would be something like Forestieri wide left, Fhodes down the middle and Macmanaman on the right. Harsh on Wallace I know but I just feel we need a bit more pace and bite in the team. 

Carlos has not let us down dammit.

He has been badly let down by the playing staff and possibly the training, fitness and coaching staff.

This has included relatively poor contributions down to:

Poor form

Lack of confidence

Disciplinary abscence

Injury abscence .......

and to to cap it all, what's worse, we are starting to let him down.

Yes of course the buck stops with him .... but his is not

an easy job in possibly the most cut throat league there is.

I bet Chris Hughton would give a great insight Carlos's position .. look what

we did to him last season, and look at him now.

He will be an all time great manager, and no reason why Carlos can't follow him.

I just hope moaners on here, and yes I suppose they have points to make if

constructive, are not representative of the morale of the massive.

We are still 6th.

The season could not have started off worse with the FF/ Norwich incident,

and he sorted it ... he has plenty of games to secure us play offs

and possibly more ... let's just get behind him.

2 hours ago, davey_wells said:

I think the job CC is doing is a good one.

We're in a rut at the moment though, struggling with injuries and, more relevantly, a slightly unsure system and players somewhat wedged in.

Not sure Rhodes and Winnall will ever really work with our system, Jones doesn't really do the job of Hutch, no-one really replaces Lee or FF, and he's not really sure what to do with Reach (who as it happens I do rate)

Combination of all that sees us dip below the high standard required to win games consistently.

But CC has shown enough recently and less recently that he can get us the wind required.

Why must autocorrect sticks it's stupid beak in at the last moment?

Get us the "wins" required, people.

On 18/03/2017 at 08:15, ChinaOwl said:

I still haven't worked out the logic of changing a style that brought him success so drastically. Yes sure, make adjustments here or there but going from one extreme is playing style to another has always seemed bizarre in my mind. I don't buy into the idea that other clubs worked us out. I think we would have been at least as successful collecting points this season by sticking to a tried and tested formula.

Ive a feeling he's not fully got over how awful we were in the play off final last year and maybe lacking a little confidence in himself which may be rubbing off on the players too.? 

29 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Playing three in midfield will stop us being over run. As a minimum we should be able to get a grip and a bit of control in midfield. Unfortunately a key man in this setup, Abdi, is yet again out injured. But we do have someone that could replace him but this means burying the hatchet with McGugan.  So Hutchinson at the base, McGugan to the right and one of Bannan or Jones (possibly even Reach) to the left.. 

I suspect there's more chance of him burying the hatchet in McGugan. lol

I've no idea why but he is so far out in the cold he's got frostbite.