Its just so predictable..........

4 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Maybe he is a one trick pony and when he gets found out, he can't adapt to another style of play, hence all the clubs he has had. 

That is my feeling. Comes in, players like him and his training, all goes well for a season. Team and style get sussed. All eyes on Carlos for a response and ....nope, he has nothing. 

Tonight was a must win and we failed, miserably.

Don't want to hear any bull with 20+ shots and 10+ corners we should've won... No, I'm not having it. Almost all of that came in the last 10 minutes, where were we for the first 80? It shouldn't be forgot about. It's the same script every week.

Can't start showing commitment and purpose late in the game and expect to get something. No pressing, not winning first/second balls, passing is really slow and no movement. We've got away with it all season and now we're being punished.

Guest mrbluesky
53 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

You can almost write the script most weeks. Start slowly, give away a goal through sloppy defending, then struggle to make any headway to even get a goal to draw the game, nevermind win it. We seem to end a match how we should start it, but it's all too late by then. We get so desperate by the end of the game that we have to put on a striker for a defender and push the keeper up as well which cost us the second goal. It seems that without certain players like Hutchinson and Forestieri we are lost. Having said that, at the moment it doesn't seem to matter who plays plays, its the same outcome. It seems to make no odds whether Sasso plays or Lees, whether Wallace plays or Buckley, whether Nuhiu and Joao are up front or Rhodes and Winnall. It's the same drab and predictable performances most weeks. I think a major issue is that the players don't seem to be able to handle the pressure. They seem unconfident and if you were being unkind to them, you might even say that they were " bottlers ". I think the play offs are looking slim now. This was a crucial game that we had to win and we've yet again come up short. It's simply not good enough i'm afraid. I wrote a post earlier saying effectively that there wasn't a great deal of mangers that were better than Carlos and maybe Chansiri should stick with him. However, i also said it would depend on how we finished the season and right now after tonight's result and performance, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he gets the sack.

Thoughts ?

We seem to be struggling with our link up play,our centre halves have to push up with the ball for us to create any space,it`s lethargic movement that frustrates most, the `zip` of last seasons football has gone and to be honest I can not see it returning under CC,we are very rigid when playing,take for instance Reading playing out from the back,Wednesday would have murdered them last season,this season we just let them pass their way up the field.

The dynamic of last season has gone and for me, you have more `big money earners` this season,if you think back to last season we had players that would fight for the cause and were (excuse the pun) on a level playing field on and off the pitch with regards to stature/ability and wages to a degree,take FF for instance at the beginning of this season he spat his dummy out when a player comes in on a lot more money and I can`t imagine he`s the only one that felt that way,It`s how you manage these players as a group and I just get the feeling CC is struggling with this.

We are playing attacking football for the last 10 minutes,this isn`t new to us this has happened all season,I like most don`t want the `knee jerk` reaction of firing the manager but how many managers turn these situations round? not many I`m guessing.

You have to say his transfers have not worked out  but Carlos has to take the blame for this,Abdi was never integrated into the team he just looks like a spare part on the pitch not really fitting in but he hasn`t become a poor player over night, Reach,I think this bloke doesn`t know whether he`s coming or going,plays him on the left on the right as a defender/central midfielder and full back!I truly believe if he`d played him purely as a winger we would see a better player,he`s got a cracking cross on him and don`t be fooled by people telling you "he can`t take players on" one of the best ever wingers to play at Hillsborough Brian Marwood virtually never took a player on but ask Lee Chapman how good he was at getting the ball into the right area for him to score,I could go on but it could turn into War and Peace! :)

Stationary,  stale,  pedestrian,  weak,  stagnant,  predictable,  boring,  wasteful,  lethargic, immobile, overcautious , unbalanced 

Do these words describe us and the way we play???  Carlos has defiantly ignored the very things we needed most - pace,  strength and speed of thought 

It certainly as gone stale this season.

Somehow we're clinging on to 6th by our finger tips but sooner or later the teams breathing down our knecks will get all 3 points, whilst we continue to start games slow and huff and puff. I have no idea what Chansiri's thinking but after his investment and last season, he'd be entitled to ask questions and I wouldn't be surprised to see Carlos axed. I do believe it would be harsh and I'll always be grateful for last season but we've gone stale despite having a stronger squad and invested a fair amount. 

It's gotten to the point a change in something is desperately needed. Whether it be mentality; philosophy, tactics, players or head coach. The season is in danger of whimpering out after all the momentum and excitement of last season. It's nothing against Carlos or the club, it's disappointing after last season and all the money spent by Chansiri but we need a injection of positivity and enthusiasm, either now or in the summer. Whatever Chansiri decides to do, I hope it's for the best of Wednesday and results and performances pick up this season or next.

1 hour ago, Mick De Lyons said:

You can almost write the script most weeks. Start slowly, give away a goal through sloppy defending, then struggle to make any headway to even get a goal to draw the game, nevermind win it. We seem to end a match how we should start it, but it's all too late by then. We get so desperate by the end of the game that we have to put on a striker for a defender and push the keeper up as well which cost us the second goal. It seems that without certain players like Hutchinson and Forestieri we are lost. Having said that, at the moment it doesn't seem to matter who plays plays, its the same outcome. It seems to make no odds whether Sasso plays or Lees, whether Wallace plays or Buckley, whether Nuhiu and Joao are up front or Rhodes and Winnall. It's the same drab and predictable performances most weeks. I think a major issue is that the players don't seem to be able to handle the pressure. They seem unconfident and if you were being unkind to them, you might even say that they were " bottlers ". I think the play offs are looking slim now. This was a crucial game that we had to win and we've yet again come up short. It's simply not good enough i'm afraid. I wrote a post earlier saying effectively that there wasn't a great deal of mangers that were better than Carlos and maybe Chansiri should stick with him. However, i also said it would depend on how we finished the season and right now after tonight's result and performance, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he gets the sack.

Thoughts ?

We didn't............. "End the game, like we should have started it " ..Mick

You throw players forward like we did in the last 10 minutes and the chances are you concede...Same goes for if you start a game like that against any decent side, cos thats how most play away from home.

Apart from sloppy defending we had most of the game, but Reading, sadly were better in possession, took the better options when passing it out from the back, and moved it quicker...Our forward passing dried up every time Bannan got it tonight, he had a shocker.

We just don't seem to move the ball quick enough at the minute, theres a disconnect between the back 4 and the midfield, but the hell for leather stuff we have as a default when behind, wouldn't work from the off, in my opinion...Our problem seems to be theres no middle ground

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

You make a habit of it

And you make a habit of embaressing yourself in most replies you give to my threads. Most of your replies are completely out of context with what other people say and your motive seems entirely based on the fact that you don't like how i come across. To be honest you're just a pryck Holmes.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

We didn't............. "End the game, like we should have started it " ..Mick

You throw players forward like we did in the last 10 minutes and the chances are you concede...Same goes for if you start a game like that against any decent side, cos thats how most play away from home.

Apart from sloppy defending we had most of the game, but Reading, sadly were better in possession, took the better options when passing it out from the back, and moved it quicker...Our forward passing dried up every time Bannan got it tonight, he had a shocker.

We just don't seem to move the ball quick enough at the minute, theres a disconnect between the back 4 and the midfield, but the hell for leather stuff we have as a default when behind, wouldn't work from the off, in my opinion...Our problem seems to be theres no middle ground

We start too slow, concede sloppy goals, then struggle to break the other team down. My point is that we should show more urgency earlier in the game. But its all veen said before.

1 hour ago, Liamswfc92 said:

Tonight was a must win and we failed, miserably.

Don't want to hear any bull with 20+ shots and 10+ corners we should've won... No, I'm not having it. Almost all of that came in the last 10 minutes, where were we for the first 80? It shouldn't be forgot about. It's the same script every week.

Can't start showing commitment and purpose late in the game and expect to get something. No pressing, not winning first/second balls, passing is really slow and no movement. We've got away with it all season and now we're being punished.

I agree entirely.

7 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

Something has to change. 

It's not Carlos Carvalhal. 

Players aren't perfoming to there best level at the minute. 

Are you advocating sacking the players instead of Carlos? Top bloke that he is the buck stops with him. He needs to be thanked and sent back home to his family now. 24 points to play for so let's look for a 'bounce', Totally changed my mind on this recently but I would give it to Bully till the end of the season with the remit to get the players enjoying their football again. With a following wind we just may experience the Shakespeare Effect'! Seriously, what's to lose? It's not like ee can get relegated..

6 hours ago, brian joicey said:

Stationary,  stale,  pedestrian,  weak,  stagnant,  predictable,  boring,  wasteful,  lethargic, immobile, overcautious , unbalanced 

Do these words describe us and the way we play???  Carlos has defiantly ignored the very things we needed most - pace,  strength and speed of thought 

We have strength and we have pace, the two things we don't have is movement and anticipation/thought. These are the only real problems, the rest of your rant are symptoms stemming from these

5 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

And you make a habit of embaressing yourself in most replies you give to my threads. Most of your replies are completely out of context with what other people say and your motive seems entirely based on the fact that you don't like how i come across. To be honest you're just a pryck Holmes.

You set your self up as the reasonable critic, prepared to listen to all sides but when you are challenged you resort to abuse  and get upset if someone doesn't follow your percieved reason.  

If that makes me pryck so be it.  you will get your way as the mob mentality ihas now set in aided and abeted by your constant criticising and  encoraging others to question every little detail.  Not that im saying your the cause of it but your not helping the situation either.

But how long will you give the next manager before you start criticising? Already you have put the next manager on notice.  

We need as a club to have stability in the manager posistion, so he can see the project through over a period of three years at the very least.  Yes CC has made mistakes and will continue to make them as every manager does but the progress of the club is tangible across many areas and to just throw our hands up at every set back and grab the nearest pitchfork helps no one.

Of course you are entitlled to write your threads and im entitled to respond back how i see fit.  I to have misgivenings with some descisions of CC and the club as a whole but I think loyality is totally gone from the fans in general in that they want results now and do not give a manager time for his plans to flourish. 

As I said you will get your way and we will start the next season with a new manager, but the next manager will be given even less time by the fans before his head is called for.  Once we jump on the sack the manager bandwagon its difficult to jump back off again.

You have won well done.

Guest BULGARIA
8 hours ago, smithyswfc said:

Ever thought the players are doing as carlos tells them. Like wingers playing central and us attacking slowly and starting games slowly?

Maybe some of the players are as jacked off as the fans with chopping and changing everyweek... maybe some players are not playing for the manager anymore like at leicester... something aint right.. thats plain to see.

8 hours ago, brian joicey said:

Bang on Brian.

Almost the polar opposite of what we were last season.....

Hopefully this season will clear up the fact once and for all we need a powerful, hard running athletic CM alongside any creator.

2 hours ago, Holmes said:

You set your self up as the reasonable critic, prepared to listen to all sides but when you are challenged you resort to abuse  and get upset if someone doesn't follow your percieved reason.  

If that makes me pryck so be it.  you will get your way as the mob mentality ihas now set in aided and abeted by your constant criticising and  encoraging others to question every little detail.  Not that im saying your the cause of it but your not helping the situation either.

But how long will you give the next manager before you start criticising? Already you have put the next manager on notice.  

We need as a club to have stability in the manager posistion, so he can see the project through over a period of three years at the very least.  Yes CC has made mistakes and will continue to make them as every manager does but the progress of the club is tangible across many areas and to just throw our hands up at every set back and grab the nearest pitchfork helps no one.

Of course you are entitlled to write your threads and im entitled to respond back how i see fit.  I to have misgivenings with some descisions of CC and the club as a whole but I think loyality is totally gone from the fans in general in that they want results now and do not give a manager time for his plans to flourish. 

As I said you will get your way and we will start the next season with a new manager, but the next manager will be given even less time by the fans before his head is called for.  Once we jump on the sack the manager bandwagon its difficult to jump back off again.

You have won well done.

I do see myself as a reasonable critic when someone answers my posts or threads in a reasonable manner and gives me an example of what they don't agree with. You just constantly snipe and come out with no constructive examples of where you disagree with me. That poster of the quote you replied to was just being an irritant and wasn't answering anything to do with the thread, hence i said what he was coming out with was banal and it was. You then make a snide remark saying that i make a habit of it, whilst giving no examples to back up your claim. If you don't like my style of writing fair enough, but it seems that your sole motive for replying that way is because in some way i irritate you.

From your second paragraph you make no sense, because it was only yesterday that i was effectively saying keep Carlos because there is no one out there that's really any better. Yet somehow you've managed to twist it to make me out as someone who is a vitriolic anti carlos fan. I don't constantly criticize, i say what i see and am more than balanced in my posts. Supporting the club isn't about ignoring the downfalls of the players or manager, its offering constructive criticism when needed and also praise when its due. If you look at my posts, that is exactly what i do and if you don't see, notice or acknowledge that, then its because you choose not to do so.

Again in your final paragraph you willfully miss understand me and go counter to what ive said.  You state that " you will get your way next season with a new manager ", when ive clearly stated that he should stay regardless of affairs this season. The only caveat i put to that was that in may depend on how we finish the season in terms of performances and results, which i think is a fair comment to make. However, you seem to follow your own narrative regardless of what i actually say and maybe that's because you view me or my writing style in a particular way that you don't seem to be able to get around. 

It seems that when you see the name " Mick De Lyons " on the site you must be critical or dismissive regardless of the content of the post or thread. Its as if its " Mick de Lyons = Must be critical ", because you seem to do it on a constant basis. I have vigorous excchanges with other posters and we disagree, but equally we also agree on other issues aswell and state that. With you, that doesn't happen, its just constant sniping, smug comments, dismissive rhetoric, without fully explaining the reasons why. So after a while, i tend to think its more than just disagreeing on an issue about the team. I actually think you do yourself a disservice by being that way, because your reply this morning is more constructive in explaining yourself. It also does away with the throw away,  petulant comments i normally associate you with.

Edited by Mick De Lyons

10 hours ago, brian joicey said:

...lip-smacking, thirst-quenching Coca Cola.

Seriously, I can't find fault with a single one of your adjectives. 

No movement, no closing down, no pace, no clue.

It's beginning to make me make comparisons with arsenal and wenger. Players with Lots of skill and technique on the ball, but when it comes down to it, too few with heart, desire and leadership, without Lee, lees and hutch we look like a rudderless ship just floating along. Then we come to Carlos, we blindly play the same formation, tempo and style week in week out, not just we can see it everyone can see it especially opposition managers which is our undoing at the moment, yet he still stubbornly persists with blinkers on and insists on not changing things or changing course.