Its just so predictable..........

40 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

I do see myself as a reasonable critic when someone answers my posts or threads in a reasonable manner and gives me an example of what they don't agree with. You just constantly snipe and come out with no constructive examples of where you disagree with me. That poster of the quote you replied to was just being an irritant and wasn't answering anything to do with the thread, hence i said what he was coming out with was banal and it was. You then make a snide remark saying that i make a habit of it, whilst giving no examples to back up your claim. If you don't like my style of writing fair enough, but it seems that your sole motive for replying that way is because in some way i irritate you.

From your second paragraph you make no sense, because it was only yesterday that i was effectively saying keep Carlos because there is no one out there that's really any better. Yet somehow you've managed to twist it to make me out as someone who is a vitriolic anti carlos fan. I don't constantly criticize, i say what i see and am more than balanced in my posts. Supporting the club isn't about ignoring the downfalls of the players or manager, its offering constructive criticism when needed and also praise when its due. If you look at my posts, that is exactly what i do and if you don't see, notice or acknowledge that, then its because you choose not to do so.

Again in your final paragraph you willfully miss understand me and go counter to what ive said.  You state that " you will get your way next season with a new manager ", when ive clearly stated that he should stay regardless of affairs this season. The only caveat i put to that was that in may depend on how we finish the season in terms of performances and results, which i think is a fair comment to make. However, you seem to follow your own narrative regardless of what i actually say and maybe that's because you view me or my writing style in a particular way that you don't seem to be able to get around. 

It seems that when you see the name " Mick De Lyons " on the site you must be critical or dismissive regardless of the content of the post or thread. Its as if its " Mick de Lyons = Must be critical ", because you seem to do it on a constant basis. I have vigorous excchanges with other posters and we disagree, but equally we also agree on other issues aswell and state that. With you, that doesn't happen, its just constant sniping, smug comments, dismissive rhetoric, without fully explaining the reasons why. So after a while, i tend to think its more than just disagreeing on an issue about the team. I actually think you do yourself a disservice by being that way, because your reply this morning is more constructive in explaining yourself. It also does away with the throw away,  petulant comments i normally associate you with.

Well, it's how you define reasonable I guess.

Many of your "reasonable" threads remind me of the Norman Tebbit reasonable (apologies to Norman should you be reading this Tete e Tete) in that they do come across as reasonable but I see/feel that there is an undercurrent of stirring the pot then walking away to let others chuck the contents further afield.

Now obviously I might be wrong but that's the impression I get, I'm not sure if you have an ulterior motive or that your blissfully unaware the damage your drip, drip comments have on others.

As social commentary does have an effect on others especially the ones who look for someone who can put into words they can't express themselves and probably wouldn't say anything if left to their own devices.

I don't find you an irritant after all your just someone I don't know personally (But I do love you as your a Wednesday fan, you are one, aren't you? (There I go again with my snide remarks)).  

Maybe it's because I don't like it people chipping away at the club wholesale, you hardly ever seem to give rabble-rousing speeches supporting the club just against the club, however you dress it up.  Yes, I might have got you wrong and if I have offended your sensibilities then I apologise.

As I said you will have a new manager soon enough, but I ask again how long will you give him before calling for his head?

For me you have cut down the life expectancy of the next manager down to a season, then another manager, then another.

Patience is the key and two seasons is not enough time for real progress to be made.  

Ultimately two from Huddersfield, Leeds and Reading will fail to go up, would you advocate them sacking their manager?

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Holmes said:

Well, it's how you define reasonable I guess.

Many of your "reasonable" threads remind me of the Norman Tebbit reasonable (apologies to Norman should you be reading this Tete e Tete) in that they do come across as reasonable but I see/feel that there is an undercurrent of stirring the pot then walking away to let others chuck the contents further afield.

Now obviously I might be wrong but that's the impression I get, I'm not sure if you have an ulterior motive or that your blissfully unaware the damage your drip, drip comments have on others.

As social commentary does have an effect on others especially the ones who look for someone who can put into words they can't express themselves and probably wouldn't say anything if left to their own devices.

I don't find you an irritant after all your just someone I don't know personally (But I do love you as your a Wednesday fan, you are one, aren't you? (There I go again with my snide remarks)).  

Maybe it's because I don't like it people chipping away at the club wholesale, you hardly ever seem to give rabble-rousing speeches supporting the club just against the club, however you dress it up.  Yes, I might have got you wrong and if I have offended your sensibilities then I apologise.

As I said you will have a new manager soon enough, but I ask again how long will you give him before calling for his head?

For me you have cut down the life expectancy of the next manager down to a season, then another manager, then another.

Patience is the key and two seasons is not enough time for real progress to be made.  

Ultimately two from Huddersfield, Leeds and Reading will fail to go up, would you advocate them sacking their manager?

Thoughts?

Its how someone reads a post and what they take from it or how it comes across to them. I see myself as balanced individual who can both give constructive criticism and praise in equal measure. I think i do that, though you obviously see my threads or posts going towards the megative end of things. I just say what i think in a reasonably articulate manner. I don't claim or want to be a cheer leader for any group of fans that maybe have a tendency to follow what i say or even copy my stance on the team. I think you maybe give me too much credit where that is concerned, because i just see myself as a guy who gived out his opinion on matters a few times a week.

I can honestly say that i never intentionally set out to ' stit the pot ' at all, i just give my views in a fairly forthright but balanced way. If i wanted to stir the pot, i would wrote my posts and threads in an entirely different way. Many posters do try and stir the pot and cause trouble etc, but that's not my style at all. As i said earlier, its how someone interprets a post and perhaps whether they like that style of expression. I would like to think i'm more towards Christopher Hitchens in my writing style, than Norman Tebbit.

As for the team and the Carlos situation, ive already stated pretty clearly that i think he should be kept regardless of how the sesson ends. I agree that two seasons isn't enough and that patience is the key, primarily because i don't think anyone else out there is any better. But i am not blind to how his circumstamces could change in the eyes of Chansiri if results and performances were to go pear shaped in these last three games. Obviously its in Csrlos'favour if he qualifies for the play offs and say wins four games, draws two and loses two instead of say losing five, drawing two and winning one.

I would advocate the same approach for the managers of Reading, Leeds and Huddersfield or Fulhams, in keeping those managers in their jobs and to carry on progressing. Its what i am advocating for us with Carlos. But equally, regardless of what we say, Chairmen have a habit of reacting to results in a specific time span, as we can see from clubs like Derby County. Our opinions are perhaps not as far apart as we think Holmes, its just that we often read into things that aren't there and that applies to both of us. Finally, yes i am a Wednesday fan. I love the club dearly and whilst i'm not the perfect fan or poster, i do try my best to contribute to the myriad of opinions on here.

2 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Its how someone reads a post and what they take from it or how it comes across to them. I see myself as balanced individual who can both give constructive criticism and praise in equal measure. I think i do that, though you obviously see my threads or posts going towards the megative end of things. I just say what i think in a reasonably articulate manner. I don't claim or want to be a cheer leader for any group of fans that maybe have a tendency to follow what i say or even copy my stance on the team. I think you maybe give me too much credit where that is concerned, because i just see myself as a guy who gived out his opinion on matters a few times a week.

I can honestly say that i never intentionally set out to ' stit the pot ' at all, i just give my views in a fairly forthright but balanced way. If i wanted to stir the pot, i would wrote my posts and threads in an entirely different way. Many posters do try and stir the pot and cause trouble etc, but that's not my style at all. As i said earlier, its how someone interprets a post and perhaps whether they like that style of expression. I would like to think i'm more towards Christopher Hitchens in my writing style, than Norman Tebbit.

As for the team and the Carlos situation, ive already stated pretty clearly that i think he should be kept regardless of how the sesson ends. I agree that two seasons isn't enough and that patience is the key, primarily because i don't think anyone else out there is any better. But i am not blind to how his circumstamces could change in the eyes of Chansiri if results and performances were to go pear shaped in these last three games. Obviously its in Csrlos'favour if he qualifies for the play offs and say wins four games, draws two and loses two instead of say losing five, drawing two and winning one.

I would advocate the same approach for the managers of Reading, Leeds and Huddersfield or Fulhams, in keeping those managers in their jobs and to carry on progressing. Its what i am advocating for us with Carlos. But equally, regardless of what we say, Chairmen have a habit of reacting to results in a specific time span, as we can see from clubs like Derby County. Our opinions are perhaps not as far apart as we think Holmes, its just that we often read into things that aren't there and that applies to both of us. Finally, yes i am a Wednesday fan. I love the club dearly and whilst i'm not the perfect fan or poster, i do try my best to contribute to the myriad of opinions on here.

You have gone up in my estimation if you aspire to write to the standard of Hitchens. 

4 minutes ago, Holmes said:

You have gone up in my estimation if you aspire to write to the standard of Hitchens. 

Christopher Hitchens was a wonderful writer and commentator. He taught me many things and for that i will be always eternally grateful to him. He had a fierce intellect and a personality to match and rarely do you find someone who can influence you in the art of critical thinking as he did with me. One quote i remember him saying was " we don't live for the necessities of life....we live for the moments ". Its something ive never forgotten. Great man.

1 minute ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Christopher Hitchens was a wonderful writer and commentator. He taught me many things and for that i will be always eternally grateful to him. He had a fierce intellect and a personality to match and rarely do you find someone who can influence you in the art of critical thinking as he did with me. One quote i remember him saying was " we don't live for the necessities of life....we live for the moments ". Its something ive never forgotten. Great man.

Yep didn't agree with all of his political outlooks but loved to hear him debate especially with religious apologetics.  His grasp of the subject and the way he expressed himself put him in a class of his own.

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Yep didn't agree with all of his political outlooks but loved to hear him debate especially with religious apologetics.  His grasp of the subject and the way he expressed himself put him in a class of his own.

Totally agree Holmes and i was the same with regards to some of his politics. Ive watched countless debates on a variety of subject matters on you tube. The man was fascinating, his confidence knew no bounds and at the same time he always supremely articulate. He was indeed in a class of his own and his presence is sorely missed in todays world of yes men and political toadies.