Carlos promotion

7 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Don't think we will ever be a top two team under Carlos our/his lack of consistency is the most frustrating thing

They are the same thing.

Being consistent is what gets teams in the top 2.

Although even then they still lose quite a lot, just not very often in succession.

Statistically teams have a higher success rate I.e. better consistency the longer they keep their manager.

Last season it would've been easy for Brighton to get rid of Hughton and start again... they've not finished the job yet but keeping the faith after 2 "failure" seasons doesn't seem to have let them down so far at the 3rd attempt.

Edited by nebneeb

5 minutes ago, devonshire owl said:

I remember back in 91-92 season,they all wanted trevor francis out because we were fourth in the premiership.fans always seem to want more than what theyve got.

I don't seem to remember it that way. Not fighting relegation was seen as the aim so being near the top was seen as a triumph.

Certain football fans of all clubs are never happy and we have no more or less then anyone else.

Think in general though football fans are more demanding then they were 25 years ago due to price of tickets being so expensive and the hype / money surrounding football.

Guest Deleted member
59 minutes ago, the monk said:

What was Wilkinsons win ratio in this league? 

Wow. That's pretty desperate 

A team that had a couple of additions to Charltons team and won promotion in its first season 

You negative guys really are desperate to discredit Carlos

I think if we don't make the top six he'll be out of a job. I'm not saying that would be the right decision, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the one Mr Chansiri will make.

If we make the playoffs and don't win them, I've got a feeling he'll walk.

He looks like the pressure has got to him this season. I'm sure the expectation in its self won't bother him too much (it's par for the course in football). But i think that living away from his family only intensifies it

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's on borrowed time.

Our Chairman is already scouting potential replacements if we aren't promoted.

Can't argue, as he's a successful businessman and he hasn't got where he has today by not looking to progress or planning ahead.

Think our Chairman and his advisors will already have a few names in mind. Every good business has to plan for ahead.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's on borrowed time.

Our Chairman is already scouting potential replacements if we aren't promoted.

Can't argue, as he's a successful businessman and he hasn't got where he has today by not looking to progress or planning ahead.

The chairman is also scouting replacements in case we are promoted and Carlos thinks feck this and goes elsewhere to a club where it's own fans don't want him gone.

Because yes, succession planning is a basic concept.

Guest mkowl
51 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It is if you're desperate to be negative 

Or are you being over positive and my view is a fair assessment - all a matter of opinion

Had brilliant financial backing, been allowed to pretty much sign who he wants, he is expected to deliver promotion and will be judged on whether he or not he does that.

Let's say we miss out on the play offs, if you'd given a bloke £15-20 million of your money and he'd taken a 6th place side to 7th, you wouldn't be keen to write him another cheque.

I do like Carlos and I think most would have to agree that the good far, far outweighs the bad when you look at his time as Wednesday manager, but I just can't see Chansiri backing him a 3rd time if we aren't in the PL next season.

If we are, then yeah he can stay and have a pay rise and buy some more of those glorious coats

Edited by Lee A

For me you have to look at Brighton last season and what they are doing this year. Clearly put last season behind them and kicking on, they've got better...they are the yardstick in my opinion

I am hopeful of playoffs but we are starting to stall so even that's not a sure fire bet

Even if we do finish in them I don't think we'll do owt, the consistency just isn't there this season (albeit we have injury issues). 

Negativity and realism go hand in hand.....

More points than last season but I'm sure that's down a poorer opponent in the Championship.

Guest mkowl

The serious question I ask of Carlos fans is "are we really building for the future"

The managers I admire that have got clubs out of this division are the likes of Sean Dyche, Eddie Howe and the one likely to go up this year Chris Hughton

I see positive signs in the academy set up, but in the first team I haven't really seen a co-ordinated plan. I really thought that was going to happen after last season, a decent nucleus of players that needed piecemeal improvement in places and pruning elsewhere. Having gone for an all out assault and then struggling to keep in the final play off place is where the frustration for me lies

It's frustrating being a Wednesday fan at the moment. Like last season we are hoping for other results to go our way for us to make that 6th place. The only difference from last season is we were playing good attacking football.

There's been a numbers of times  this season when I've seen the team lineup and said 'what's he thinking?'  But I'm not a manager. 

No point getting rid of him now, we just have to play out the season. A few months ago I was calling for his head but I can't see it helping us at this point in the season. 

This is is the run in, so CC get us that 6th place and I'll give you my support for the last 9 games. 

Not sure Carlos himself is in it for the long haul. He said after his contract was extended in June that he'd taken a three year contract at DC's insistence, when he only wanted a one year contract himself. He lives in a hotel, away from his family. I think our problem might be how to keep him next season, not how to get rid of him.

Just now, HarrowbyOwl said:

Not sure Carlos himself is in it for the long haul. He said after his contract was extended in June that he'd taken a three year contract at DC's insistence, when he only wanted a one year contract himself. He lives in a hotel, away from his family. I think our problem might be how to keep him next season, not how to get rid of him.

I thought he lived in an apartment near Dore. He's often seen around the shops (Roses) there and The Prince of Wales pub.