sheffield centric.

don't think theres a great deal of difference in the numbers .....for the semi back in 93 we sold around  the same amount of tickets as each other which sort of proves the point ....I do think we tend to be more supportive though when times are hard , we seem to grin and bear it while the blunts have tended to vote with there feet .

5 hours ago, torryowl said:

don't think theres a great deal of difference in the numbers .....for the semi back in 93 we sold around  the same amount of tickets as each other which sort of proves the point ....I do think we tend to be more supportive though when times are hard , we seem to grin and bear it while the blunts have tended to vote with there feet .

Loads of Wednesday in their end that day

8 hours ago, torryowl said:

Surely that would bear some relationship to the FA attempting to give equal allocations.

We only have 1 blade in the family...and he lives in Doncaster and doesn't go....

Me Grandad and grandma lived on John st behind Uniteds ground, both Owls...had 7 kids.. only one who ended up a blade..Uncle Vin R.I .P..great bloke apart from being a blade.

First game I ever went to was at the Lane..me Uncle Vin took me, following Monday there was a big family fall out as 5 brothers descended on our house to ask me mum "What the f.ook she was thinking"...(Me dad wasn't bothered as he was Irish and followed Hurling) 

Cue me being taken in tow to Hillsborough for a night match by 5 uncles..bloody glorious  floodlights and an' heaving Kop..I was mesmerised..I got bought a rattle and about 12 hot dogs...Me Uncle Vin was treated like a f.ookin' child molester for about 6 months lol

One story that has always stuck with me, over years of being an Owls fan, is one me mother told me about the 1935 cup final...

When my mother was younger..living on John St...They had a window cleaner who was an Owls fanatic, So obviously he got on with the rest of the family, and he was frantic to get to the cup final as The Owls progressed through the stages that year...

The week before the cup final, he was singing and dancing, and in great spirits, then sadly died in an accident a couple of days before the final.

Apparently me Grandad turned the radio off immediately after the game and they had a minutes silence in the house..no celebration nor nowt...

I suppose in those days they knew what was serious, and what was football

On 12/03/2017 at 20:04, bowl said:

Having a beer in The Anchor in Digbeth yesterday pre match.

Got talking to a part time blue nose who compared us and utd in his words 

to the Villa Brum relationship.

Very dubious.

Utd, like brum, in his words are the team of the city

and the owls, like Villa are bigger but a lot of the support is from

out of the city.

?????

Well it certainly is true....

Wednesday are by far the bigger club and have support from the city and the rest of yorkshire and throughout the country.:manager:

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

One story that has always stuck with me, over years of being an Owls fan, is one me mother told me about the 1935 cup final...

When my mother was younger..living on John St...They had a window cleaner who was an Owls fanatic, So obviously he got on with the rest of the family, and he was frantic to get to the cup final as The Owls progressed through the stages that year...

The week before the cup final, he was singing and dancing, and in great spirits, then sadly died in an accident a couple of days before the final.

Apparently me Grandad turned the radio off immediately after the game and they had a minutes silence in the house..no celebration nor nowt...

I suppose in those days they knew what was serious, and what was football

The top of the ladder isn't the safest place to be singing and dancing, my Dad is a window cleaner and in the build up to the playoff final I made sure he saved his moves for when he was safely on the ground floor

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 20:59, roland nilson said:

Gleadless is 60% Owls

some good lads from gleadless, and Norton, intake birley ect.... the list goes on and on really.

I would honestly say if you split the city in 2 across the city centre it would be 50/50 in the south and 65/35 in the north.

United and Birmingham ( along with a few others ) are scrubber clubs, who exist purely for scrubbers who smell and like to hang around with other smelly scrubbers.

Wednesday and Villa are, in as many ways as is still possible, proper clubs.

I assume that's more or less what he was trying to say.