If I was DC,

35 minutes ago, Oooh Lala Sibon said:

Don't be so ridiculous, we all need to remember how far we've come in so little time. If our heads go now and we give them some stick and ask for Carlos out we'll cause the unrest, we've got major injury problems but we're still in with a shout who knows who may be fit when the play offs start but let's not do this lol 

remember the spirit when we lost at Wembley, where's that gone.

Dig in and enjoy the ride all we can do! 

Last year the ride was enjoyable, this year it's turgid

Carvalhal deserves till the end of the season.

He's done alot for us, so give him the last 9 games.

Then we can talk - Di Matteo, Sherwood, Pearson, Pardew, O'Neil, Redknapp, Rowett

CC's hands are also tied behind his back, his tools for the job at hand are all broken, so what would a replacement do for us?

Edited by bigash_swfc

No point with only 9 games left.

Carlos deserves till the end of the season.

And if we miss out on the play-off's, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him replaced.

There's still enough games and points to play for in order for there to be more twists and turns.

Making a change with not many games left wouldn't guarantee anything, and what if results get worse? Do we call for another change in the summer?

Whatever happens, a clear out of the squad is needed in the summer by whoever is in charge.

Hopefully Carlos can get it right this season and lead us into the play-off's again,

if not it will be a shame to see him go but mistakes have been made in the transfer market and with the tactics.

I'd like us to keep the faith with a manager but a change will probably be made if we don't make the play-off's 

and I would prefer us to go for a up and coming manager or go for another foreign coach again.

3 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

No point with only 9 games left.

Carlos deserves till the end of the season.

And if we miss out on the play-off's, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him replaced.

There's still enough games and points to play for in order for there to be more twists and turns.

Making a change with not many games left wouldn't guarantee anything, and what if results get worse? Do we call for another change in the summer?

Whatever happens, a clear out of the squad is needed in the summer by whoever is in charge.

Hopefully Carlos can get it right this season and lead us into the play-off's again,

if not it will be a shame to see him go but mistakes have been made in the transfer market and with the tactics.

I'd like us to keep the faith with a manager but a change will probably be made if we don't make the play-off's 

and I would prefer us to go for a up and coming manager or go for another foreign coach again.

There's every point, as there was when Mandaric pulled the trigger in the Mind the Gap season at a similar stage. A new manager usually has a honeymoon period of half a dozen games anyway. And a new manager brings new tactics which hopefully would confound Monk. Carlos deserves nothing. If a decent PL team had come in for him in the summer he'd have left us, as he has done throughout his career. We're the best of the play-off teams on paper, and top-six based on playing staff. The others are there because they have managers who are getting more out of what they have than Carlos is. There's no parachute team in there, and for me we're blowing a glorious opportunity. I like Carlos, but I don't put him before the club.

Just now, Athelwulf said:

There's every point, as there was when Mandaric pulled the trigger in the Mind the Gap season at a similar stage. A new manager usually has a honeymoon period of half a dozen games anyway. And a new manager brings new tactics which hopefully would confound Monk. Carlos deserves nothing. If a decent PL team had come in for him in the summer he'd have left us, as he has done throughout his career. We're the best of the play-off teams on paper, and top-six based on playing staff. The others are there because they have managers who are getting more out of what they have than Carlos is. There's no parachute team in there, and for me we're blowing a glorious opportunity. I like Carlos, but I don't put him before the club.

How many games did Jones have? It was amazing how well we did in that run in but making a change doesn't guarantee the same sort of success. 

The squad was there that season and if memory serves me right, Antonio and/or someone else were brought in to aid the run in?

Although there was a drastically quick turnaround of playing style that brought rewards it does seem unlikely this time to have such an effect.

This time, despite spending heavily and having a talented squad, we seem unbalanced and we're carrying a lot of injuries or knocks.

I'm uncertain a new man, no matter how good or how experienced, would have such a positive effect upon results in a short space of time with the issues we currently have: the injuries (especially defensively), the lack of pace and power. Hopefully Carlos can sort it out in the remainder of the season and still lead us into the play-off's but if not then a change will probably be made in the summer, where whoever comes in can have time to assess the squad, have a clear-out and make changes to the squad and tactics. I don't see how a new man coming in now, can rectify and turnaround all of that so quickly? It's all about results at this stage of the season, and there's still time for plenty more twists and turns, I ain't giving up hope but it looks like going to the wire. Whatever happens it beats struggling to survive or battling to stay up, and if and when the time comes, Chansiri will do what's needed in the summer or whenever. All we can hope for is that Carlos rectifies things and we do enough to make the play-off's and if it's not enough, then that's the time to act and go again.

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

And if I were  DC,there would be a new contract for Carlos to sign now or at seasons end, regardless.

Explain to me why, please, because I can't for the life of me see why. Gray and Laws did better with what they had to work with than has Carlos, and they got sacked. We're top six because of our players, regardless of the manager. Gray got us six places higher in the league than you would expect with the players he had at his disposal (a la Monk), and Laws got us to eighth somehow. Why we would hand out a new contract to a manager who can't get the best out of the best forward line in the division is beyond me..

4 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

How many games did Jones have? It was amazing how well we did in that run in but making a change doesn't guarantee the same sort of success. 

The squad was there that season and if memory serves me right, Antonio and/or someone else were brought in to aid the run in?

Although there was a drastically quick turnaround of playing style that brought rewards it does seem unlikely this time to have such an effect.

This time, despite spending heavily and having a talented squad, we seem unbalanced and we're carrying a lot of injuries or knocks.

I'm uncertain a new man, no matter how good or how experienced, would have such a positive effect upon results in a short space of time with the issues we currently have: the injuries (especially defensively), the lack of pace and power. Hopefully Carlos can sort it out in the remainder of the season and still lead us into the play-off's but if not then a change will probably be made in the summer, where whoever comes in can have time to assess the squad, have a clear-out and make changes to the squad and tactics. I don't see how a new man coming in now, can rectify and turnaround all of that so quickly? It's all about results at this stage of the season, and there's still time for plenty more twists and turns, I ain't giving up hope but it looks like going to the wire. Whatever happens it beats struggling to survive or battling to stay up, and if and when the time comes, Chansiri will do what's needed in the summer or whenever. All we can hope for is that Carlos rectifies things and we do enough to make the play-off's and if it's not enough, then that's the time to act and go again.

I'm totally convinced that we won't go up this season under Carlos, and my logic is based on that. As you say, if we don't then Carlos will probably be gone anyway, so for me it's only a stay of execution. You're right that we can't change the balance of the team, but a new man may well re-energize things. I guess it depends if Chansiri has been looking behind the scenes, and who's available. It's just that opportunity is knocking, as there's no Hull in there. We can't afford to let this chance slip away, as next season things could well be much more difficult if the parachute teams are in there. We could get a new man in the summer, we could rebalance the team, but nobody's going to give us £50 million and tell us not to come back until we've spent it. Carpe diem.

10 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Explain to me why, please, because I can't for the life of me see why. Gray and Laws did better with what they had to work with than has Carlos, and they got sacked. We're top six because of our players, regardless of the manager. Gray got us six places higher in the league than you would expect with the players he had at his disposal (a la Monk), and Laws got us to eighth somehow. Why we would hand out a new contract to a manager who can't get the best out of the best forward line in the division is beyond me..

I aint explaining nothing to anyone,you believe what you do,likewise me,thats all.

20 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

And if I were  DC,there would be a new contract for Carlos to sign now or at seasons end, regardless.

When choosing your username you should have stopped after the 5th letter. lol

Guest hazza88
4 hours ago, Oooh Lala Sibon said:

Don't be so ridiculous, we all need to remember how far we've come in so little time. If our heads go now and we give them some stick and ask for Carlos out we'll cause the unrest, we've got major injury problems but we're still in with a shout who knows who may be fit when the play offs start but let's not do this lol 

remember the spirit when we lost at Wembley, where's that gone.

Dig in and enjoy the ride all we can do! 

Exactly we need more posts like this taking away the negativity