If I was DC,

Let's use Brighton as an analogue.

Chris Hughton joined in 2014 - and really, barring a couple of missteps with Hyypia and Garcia, you can go back to 2009 with Poyet coming in to trace the start of their success story. (That's also about when they started building their stadium.)

They've been in 3 out of the last 4 play-off competitions. They went on a 22 game unbeaten run last season and sat on top the Championship for most of the season. They are now only not consistently top because of Newcastle challenging them.

They are a much more consistent team now, a much more settled organization and have stuck with the manager they trust. 

I see a lot of comparison with us. As they did, we have cleared out the crap, rebuilt the club from the pitch, through the stadium to the academy to the first team. Going to a home game at Hillsborough today is completely unrecognizable from only 2 seasons ago.

Mr Chansiri bought our club in January 2015. He started work in the summer of 2015 - that is just 20 months ago. One full season ago. Christ, I wish I'd made the same impact with my job in the same time. The only comparison I have with my work and my footy club is the presence of the same moaning cynics and doubters that have nothing to do with positive change. They just hang around like parasites living in the past and bitching about every thing while the rest of us move onward and upward.

So judge how you like but the fact is that we are on an amazing trajectory, that WILL bring massive reward.

We need to play our role and support the Chairman and the manager he has in place.

5 minutes ago, paulowen said:

Let's use Brighton as an analogue.

Chris Hughton joined in 2014 - and really, barring a couple of missteps with Hyypia and Garcia, you can go back to 2009 with Poyet coming in to trace the start of their success story. (That's also about when they started building their stadium.)

They've been in 3 out of the last 4 play-off competitions. They went on a 22 game unbeaten run last season and sat on top the Championship for most of the season. They are now only not consistently top because of Newcastle challenging them.

They are a much more consistent team now, a much more settled organization and have stuck with the manager they trust. 

I see a lot of comparison with us. As they did, we have cleared out the crap, rebuilt the club from the pitch, through the stadium to the academy to the first team. Going to a home game at Hillsborough today is completely unrecognizable from only 2 seasons ago.

Mr Chansiri bought our club in January 2015. He started work in the summer of 2015 - that is just 20 months ago. One full season ago. Christ, I wish I'd made the same impact with my job in the same time. The only comparison I have with my work and my footy club is the presence of the same moaning cynics and doubters that have nothing to do with positive change. They just hang around like parasites living in the past and bitching about every thing while the rest of us move onward and upward.

So judge how you like but the fact is that we are on an amazing trajectory, that WILL bring massive reward.

We need to play our role and support the Chairman and the manager he has in place.

Great post.

The only issue with it is, if at some point the Chairman also agrees with those saying that Carlos is underachieving with the resources he's been given.

Businessmen have expectations for their outlay, but we can only speculate what DC's are exactly.

I back the Chairmans judgement and if he decides it's time for change, then so be it. If he's happy, then we'll just have to stick to letting off steam on a footy forum and hope we improve.

Time will tell.

We don't get a vote when it comes to sacking a manager, only DC. 

Only he (and probably Carlos) know the actual expectations set this season. The animated touchline antics suggest he's really feeling it so maybe that tells us something.

He will/should definitely get to the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Chansiri will make the change at the end of the season . No point now is there. 

Not sure.

If it was your money would you be thinking

"I will give him until the end of the season, and find better in the summer to go again next year"

or

"Huddersfield, Leeds, Fulham to beat this year over three games, or Sunderland, Hull, Boro, Norwich, Derby, Villa to beat next year"

This year has become such a golden opportunity to go up that he may have a final throw of the dice if we are look to be falling off the pace. That said, there is no obvious replacement anyway. 

19 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Not sure.

If it was your money would you be thinking

"I will give him until the end of the season, and find better in the summer to go again next year"

or

"Huddersfield, Leeds, Fulham to beat this year over three games, or Sunderland, Hull, Boro, Norwich, Derby, Villa to beat next year"

This year has become such a golden opportunity to go up that he may have a final throw of the dice if we are look to be falling off the pace. That said, there is no obvious replacement anyway. 

That's kinda what I'm getting at in the OP. A change of manager can have a real boost. Not sure why really. But, like you say, no obvious replacement 

9 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

...and there was a really decent manager out there, I'd be sorely tempted to pull the trigger on Carlos. A change just might kick start a run to gaurantee a play off place at least (with a decent chance of going through) or even top two. 

The way things are looking, we'll sneak in the play offs at best, with zero form 

Can see it happening!!!

i'll happily take sneaking into the play offs with zero form .....it's all about getting in to them how you do it isn't important .

Another deluded Wednesday fan!!

Claudio Ranieri did the unthinkable with Leicester and won the Premier League for a season later to be sacked wich IMHO was wrong to do so just shows how loyal a club can be to someone who brings great memories!! Carlos has certainly brought that with taking us to Wembley in his first year as a manager in the EFL and in true style we want him to be axed now to bring in another potential candidate to hopefully push us over the line what if this doesn't work ? Will you all have egg on your face ? Will you be sad inside that you called for carlos carvalhals head and wish you hadn't? Carlos is none other than a fantastic manager that deserves more respect than he's  been given! He IMHO needs another crack at it third time Lucky!! (If we don't make it this season)

So can we please just stop it with the childish comments of get him out, we are doomed!!

Yours sincerely

Owls-Ya-Doin

Edited by Owls-Ya-Doin