Aston Villa vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

No Fessi and only Fletcher as a decent forward option on the bench.  We go behind early today and I fear the worst.  Battling 1-1 if we go in front...if not 0-3 defeat.

We need 3 or 4 of those out today, to be fit next Friday against Reading. They will come and play possesion football and we need to penetrate their defence if we are to get a positive result. Ideally need Fessi, Hutch and McManaman to be fit.

As for today, I just hope the starting eleven turn up and perform to their potential.

1 minute ago, Kevan said:

We need 3 or 4 of those out today, to be fit next Friday against Reading. They will come and play possesion football and we need to penetrate their defence if we are to get a positive result. Ideally need Fessi, Hutch and McManaman to be fit.

As for today, I just hope the starting eleven turn up and perform to their potential.

all our injured players seem to take an age to get fit so dont hold your breath

1 minute ago, owlandished said:

So Carlos should select him even if he's injured?

No need to get shirty I didn't know he was injured:biggrin:

Guest The Horse

The injuries are a negative for sure but I'm looking on the positive side from now..., plenty of teams with a worse starting eleven than ours today have humbled Villa of late.

They're nowt spesh. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

I reckon that this will be a genuine honest-to-God test because although Villa aren't in the place they hoped and expected to be right now, they are no pushovers and they are a proud club who will want to pull us down a peg or two. I think that our boys need to be very determined today but, for what it's worth, (nothing), I am very optimistic about this one.

9 minutes ago, Think tank said:

A bit of openness regarding injuries really wouldn't be a bad thing. 

why would the club feel they need to do this ?

it would give our rivals an advantage over team selections.

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

,what purpose would it serve ?...........

it would help us understand the team decisions more and stop a lot of the whinging about ccs team selections, we are after all part of the club so should be better informed.