Whatever Happens Now

It wont be too difficult to cast your minds back to around 6 and a half years ago but it will help to put things in to perspective.

If you read this, I think that we will all agree, whether we go up, stay in championship, keep Carlos, lose Carlos, play the blunts next year or not we are lucky to be in the position we are now.

This is courtesy of the Save Our Owls BlogSpot article on 7th November 2010;

On Friday night, BBC Radio Sheffield's Paul Walker contacted and interviewed SWFC Director Geoff Hulley about the current situation at Hillsborough. It proved to be an enlightening interview...for all the wrong reasons.

"Paul Walker does a sterling job of trying to put the facts to Geoff Hulley and get a response, unfortunately as soon as things start getting interesting, Geoff cuts the interview short.
PW: What’s the latest on the takeover?
GH: I dont’ know myself, i’m anxious to find out. I’ve heard things, but no, i’ve nothing I can tell you because as I say, no papers for oooh, 3 days and we are just making our way back now.
PW: But you’ll be aware of interest from investors wont you?
GH: I’m still aware yes, I know there was a statement about the err, Norwegian, the err the oil people but that’s all I know so far.
PW: Have you heard the proposal from the Shareholders association, from Wednesdayite?  They want you to put your shareholding up, you and Keith Addy’s shareholding to allow someone to come and rescue the club.   Wednesdayite have offered to give their shares up, are you willing to give your shares up?
GH: Well, it’s something that has to be considered.  But, don’t forget Paul the bank has a big say.  They’ve told us that there can be no shares transactions without there approval.
PW: so you would entertain that offer then would you.
GH: I would give it consideration.
PW: Do you think Keith Addy would as well?
GH: oooh I’ve no idea for Keith.  Really, I haven’t seen Keith for a few weeks now.
PW: Are you ready to do a deal and walk away, is that how you are looking at things at the moment?
GH: Well, I’ve been ready for retirement for quite a while, but the err changes err, we are asked not to make changes because of possible investing groups coming in and the bank doesn’t want to have the upheaval.
PW: Do you think the club will be saved from administration?
GH: I sincerely hope so, that’s got to be the aim.
PW: Two weeks away from it now, less then that infact.
GH: Well yes well it can be within 24 hours cant it.  yes.
PW: Because obviously we heard about Kevin Mundie who had withdrawn his interest.
GH: Yeah well that’s all I read in the paper when we were down in Cannes on Tuesday was it, Monday or Tuesday?
PW: So when are you back?
GH: I’ll be back tomorrow night.
PW: And then what do you look to do?
GH: huh, I’ll look to obviously be back at the club and find out all that’s happened and what is happening.
PW: And you guys, you and Keith in particular have come in for a lot of criticism Geoff you’ve been there for a long long time
GH: Yes, I know we have, go on.
PW: How do you feel about that?
GH: Feel sick about it, its uncalled for, they don’t realise just how big a supporter both of us are at the club, what we’ve done over the years and it’s about time that they realised that it’s not the directors that have lost football matches that it’s the players that have lost football matches.
PW: Well the players have lost football matches yes, but the mess that the club finds itself in is down to the people that have been running it, isn’t it?
GH: Well that’s interpretation. We’ve run it in a businesslike manner as much as we could
PW: But you’ve run it to a point Geoff where the club could go to the wall in less than two weeks time.
GH: No, I disagree with that.
PW: How can you disagree with it, the facts speak for themselves.  You have a winding up order, you haven’t any money in the pot left, you can’t attract investment.  Whose fault is that?
GH: Err, you say that, but I don’t know that we haven’t got any money in the pot, but listen i’m in a lot of traffic, in the centre of France on a D road, and I’m not in a position to sit and discuss things or argue with you so we’ll have to leave it at that Paul.
Not only is a club director on holiday during these grave times, his only means of finding information about the club seems to be via newspapers and he is unaware that we don’t have any money to pay the debt to the HMRC.
He blames the club’s financial woes on the players losing footbal matches and seems fairly insistant that the bank are calling a lot of shots, a claim the bank apparantly disputed when Wednesdayite interviewed them.
He also hasn’t spoke to one of his fellow 10% shareholders, an ex director “for weeks now” – surely Keith still has a vested interest in his shareholding?
Thanks for the interview Geoff.   You’ve shown exactly why we at Time to Go are pushing for change."
Eddie Hoyland

When we get drawn in to the smallest of disagreements on one thing or another, read this again, we were a gnats knacker from going under and less than 7 years later are on the brink of being great again. This is thanks to a sequence of events and people that saved our beloved Owls and we should remain eternally grateful for that.

WAWAW

8 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

It wont be too difficult to cast your minds back to around 6 and a half years ago but it will help to put things in to perspective.

If you read this, I think that we will all agree, whether we go up, stay in championship, keep Carlos, lose Carlos, play the blunts next year or not we are lucky to be in the position we are now.

This is courtesy of the Save Our Owls BlogSpot article on 7th November 2010;

On Friday night, BBC Radio Sheffield's Paul Walker contacted and interviewed SWFC Director Geoff Hulley about the current situation at Hillsborough. It proved to be an enlightening interview...for all the wrong reasons.

"Paul Walker does a sterling job of trying to put the facts to Geoff Hulley and get a response, unfortunately as soon as things start getting interesting, Geoff cuts the interview short.
PW: What’s the latest on the takeover?
GH: I dont’ know myself, i’m anxious to find out. I’ve heard things, but no, i’ve nothing I can tell you because as I say, no papers for oooh, 3 days and we are just making our way back now.
PW: But you’ll be aware of interest from investors wont you?
GH: I’m still aware yes, I know there was a statement about the err, Norwegian, the err the oil people but that’s all I know so far.
PW: Have you heard the proposal from the Shareholders association, from Wednesdayite?  They want you to put your shareholding up, you and Keith Addy’s shareholding to allow someone to come and rescue the club.   Wednesdayite have offered to give their shares up, are you willing to give your shares up?
GH: Well, it’s something that has to be considered.  But, don’t forget Paul the bank has a big say.  They’ve told us that there can be no shares transactions without there approval.
PW: so you would entertain that offer then would you.
GH: I would give it consideration.
PW: Do you think Keith Addy would as well?
GH: oooh I’ve no idea for Keith.  Really, I haven’t seen Keith for a few weeks now.
PW: Are you ready to do a deal and walk away, is that how you are looking at things at the moment?
GH: Well, I’ve been ready for retirement for quite a while, but the err changes err, we are asked not to make changes because of possible investing groups coming in and the bank doesn’t want to have the upheaval.
PW: Do you think the club will be saved from administration?
GH: I sincerely hope so, that’s got to be the aim.
PW: Two weeks away from it now, less then that infact.
GH: Well yes well it can be within 24 hours cant it.  yes.
PW: Because obviously we heard about Kevin Mundie who had withdrawn his interest.
GH: Yeah well that’s all I read in the paper when we were down in Cannes on Tuesday was it, Monday or Tuesday?
PW: So when are you back?
GH: I’ll be back tomorrow night.
PW: And then what do you look to do?
GH: huh, I’ll look to obviously be back at the club and find out all that’s happened and what is happening.
PW: And you guys, you and Keith in particular have come in for a lot of criticism Geoff you’ve been there for a long long time
GH: Yes, I know we have, go on.
PW: How do you feel about that?
GH: Feel sick about it, its uncalled for, they don’t realise just how big a supporter both of us are at the club, what we’ve done over the years and it’s about time that they realised that it’s not the directors that have lost football matches that it’s the players that have lost football matches.
PW: Well the players have lost football matches yes, but the mess that the club finds itself in is down to the people that have been running it, isn’t it?
GH: Well that’s interpretation. We’ve run it in a businesslike manner as much as we could
PW: But you’ve run it to a point Geoff where the club could go to the wall in less than two weeks time.
GH: No, I disagree with that.
PW: How can you disagree with it, the facts speak for themselves.  You have a winding up order, you haven’t any money in the pot left, you can’t attract investment.  Whose fault is that?
GH: Err, you say that, but I don’t know that we haven’t got any money in the pot, but listen i’m in a lot of traffic, in the centre of France on a D road, and I’m not in a position to sit and discuss things or argue with you so we’ll have to leave it at that Paul.
Not only is a club director on holiday during these grave times, his only means of finding information about the club seems to be via newspapers and he is unaware that we don’t have any money to pay the debt to the HMRC.
He blames the club’s financial woes on the players losing footbal matches and seems fairly insistant that the bank are calling a lot of shots, a claim the bank apparantly disputed when Wednesdayite interviewed them.
He also hasn’t spoke to one of his fellow 10% shareholders, an ex director “for weeks now” – surely Keith still has a vested interest in his shareholding?
Thanks for the interview Geoff.   You’ve shown exactly why we at Time to Go are pushing for change."
Eddie Hoyland

When we get drawn in to the smallest of disagreements on one thing or another, read this again, we were a gnats knacker from going under and less than 7 years later are on the brink of being great again. This is thanks to a sequence of events and people that saved our beloved Owls and we should remain eternally grateful for that.

WAWAW

Yea but the bloke was lost in France, he had things on his mind....He was in traffic, probably goin' through a tunnel.

It was an unguarded moment, in a French tunnel in France

Strange time wasn't it?

I can remember following the hearings on here, the liquidation wotsits, 

We were up after some plastics company....I kept refreshing the page...Then Nick Parker burst into tears outside the Old bailey on SSN..

I thought "F.ook me they are sending the soppy bugger to the Tower!"...

Bloody hell...

Sir Walter Raleigh

Sir Thomas Moore

Captain Blood

Mary Queen of whateverthef.ook"

and

Nick Parker!!!

In his defence he said....and I paraphrase...

"There are people that know, and we know that they know, and they know that we know that they know!"...

I thought..."He's probably right...but I'll just f.ookin' run that through Bletchley park first"

Then luckily, from my understanding of events (That could be either skewed or in me defence ...totally fabricated)

The manager of the CO-OP bank was a mad Owls fan who kept sayin'...."Ahh fair enough..heres another 8 million pounds...you rascal"

Bloody madness!

Our way of doing things had been defunct for almost half a century in 2010. Once they abolished the maximum wage the writing was on the wall. What's remarkable is that we played at the top level all those years without an owner. We owe the tax man a debt of thanks, or we'd never have changed. But the current chuntering has little to do with that. It's that three teams sit above us, none of whom have better players nor have parachute money, yet are likely to get promoted at our expense because they have managers who can get the best out of what's available. We're less than the some of our parts.

I was lost..in France, when the phone rang in me Parka

I was lost ..in France...when I answered ...its Paul Walker

As I sat there on the inside lane,  he asked the same old question times again

I was lost..in France...In love

I was lost ..in France, and me phone rang rather seldom 

I was lost..in France...(Or maybe..... it was Belgium)

He asked me of the Hillsborough board

So I whittered something quite absurd...

I was lost in France ..(maybe).... in love

Ohh la la la la la la la......gibber

ohh la la la la la la la..... Wot?

Ohh la la la la la..la la..fibber?

Into a tunnel, we have a blind spot..

I was lost ....in France...maybe Belgium or in Minorca

So I took ..a chance, it could be sorted ..by maybe Nick Parker

Then heard him cryin' outside the courts..

Thats us f.ooked, was me initial thoughts...

I was lost ,..in France..in love

Edited by asteener1867

Dark, dark days

At the time I could have throttled the lot of them, but reading that I just feel sorry for Hulley (if you can believe it)

I mean, what the fruitcake was he doing buggering off to Cannes when the club he claimed to be "a huge supporter of" was days away from going down the swanny!? Even if you don't buy the sincerity of his "support", it was his investment... And he was supposed to be a businessman... So he just goes off on a jaunt to the south of bleeding France... Talk about head in the sand!?

The whole charade would have been laughable if it wasn't so dangerously close to tragic.

It just showed Hulley & Addy to be the clueless dinosaurs they really were

18 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I was lost..in France, when the phone rang in me Parka

I was lost ..in France...when I answered ...its Paul Walker

As I sat there on the inside lane,  he asked the same old question times again

I was lost..in France...In love

I was lost ..in France, and me phone rang rather seldom 

I was lost..in France...(Or maybe..... it was Belgium)

He asked me of the Hillsborough board

So I whittered something quite absurd...

I was lost in France ..(maybe).... in love

Ohh la la la la la la la......gibber

ohh la la la la la la la..... Wot?

Ohh la la la la la..la la..fibber?

Into a tunnel, we have a blind spot..

I was lost ....in France...maybe Belgium or in Minorca

So I took ..a chance, it could be sorted ..by maybe Nick Parker

Then heard him cryin' outside the courts..

Thats us f.ooked, was me initial thoughts...

I was lost ,..in France..in love

If I could plus this more I would

1 minute ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Dark, dark days

At the time I could have throttled the lot of them, but reading that I just feel sorry for Hulley (if you can believe it)

I mean, what the fruitcake was he doing buggering off to Cannes when the club he claimed to be "a huge supporter of" was days away from going down the swanny!? Even if you don't buy the sincerity of his "support", it was his investment... And he was supposed to be a businessman... So he just goes off on a jaunt to the south of bleeding France... Talk about head in the sand!?

The whole charade would have been laughable if it wasn't so dangerously close to tragic.

It just showed Hulley & Addy to be the clueless dinosaurs they really were

I think theres probably a fair bit of truth in that mate....simply didn't keep up with the way football was going

This is why Paul Walker is one of the best around, along with Seth.

Today's lot wouldn't dare approach in this manner. 

When you're 2 weeks away from administration/Liquidation and a director doesn't think he ran the club badly and it was run businesslike.

You are in danger..... 

2 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

This is why Paul Walker is one of the best around, along with Seth.

Today's lot wouldn't dare approach in this manner. 

When you're 2 weeks away from administration/Liquidation and a director doesn't think he ran the club badly and it was run businesslike.

You are in danger..... 

which tells you everything you need to know about why we almost went to the wall under Allen and his cronies .

Funniest thing was me getting slated for attacking the board as I was trying to destabilise the club and Reading Owl calling me all the names under the sun only for us to meet up and realise that not only did we work together but had been mates at work lol 

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Funniest thing was me getting slated for attacking the board as I was trying to destabilise the club and Reading Owl calling me all the names under the sun only for us to meet up and realise that not only did we work together but had been mates at work lol 

yer pair of daft c.oonts lol