McManaman

Said it in one of the other threads...

I think McManananananman will start tomorrow. CC also praised him in the press earlier this week.

Ideal game for CM to feature tomorrow.

I'd like to see a front '4' of...

Rhodes   Winnall

FF                                       McMananananananaman

Guest Copthorneowl

Been championing this guy to get a real opportunity for some weeks now. Torry is correct imo he is not remotely like Bannan and fwiw I'd say he's not really that much like Wallace who's probably kept him out.  

Mcm is is essentially a skillfull creator, a winger who can beat player get good crosses much of which Wallce does well, but McM is less of an explosive shooter from distance he'll more than likely lay it on a plate so to speak and this is just what our main strikers desperately want.

We all know he's fiery so what, Hutch is and is loved for it. I hadn't heard this comment CC is supposed to have made but if true I would assume he's likely to get a go from the off - hope so he could be the missing link Rhodes et al have missed, also he's already helped FF to two goals with assists.

Edited by Copthorneowl

1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

Said it in one of the other threads...

I think McManananananman will start tomorrow. CC also praised him in the press earlier this week.

Ideal game for CM to feature tomorrow.

I'd like to see a front '4' of...

Rhodes   Winnall

FF                                       McMananananananaman

I think your in for a disappointment on the front 4 .......

3 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

We all know he's fiery so what, Hutch is and is loved for it.

This this this.

The guy was slated after he was charging around like 10 men vs Brighton. Probably got worse treatment on here than Hutchinson and Fletch who both saw red.

Then the following week slated cos he didn't celebrate much when FF scored against whoever it was. Huddersfield?

Seems like some are trying not to like him whatever he does.

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

it's a strange one that's for sure  if he planned to play the way he does why didn't he sign players who fit into the system .....he could say he has that many good players who are capable of scoring a goal out of nothing  that shutting the back door even with players who are uncomfortable playing that way is the way to go .like you say you have no problem with the points on the board as neither do I so it's easy to criticise carlos 's way of playing it's not so easy to criticise what it achieves .  

Again Torry I am not necessarily criticising the way of playing ( his precious system). I AM criticing his constant tampering, rotating, playing people out of position to no good effect. I think it confuses players, puts an unnecessary  fear factor into them, thus leading to mistakes, poor passes and misunderstanding within the various components of the team set up. Playing people out of position, leads to loss of form and loss of confidence. Football is a confidence game and players will only gain confidence if they play well. Its very hard to play well if you are trying to play an unnatural position and your coach is not playing to your strengths. CC has had plenty of opportunity to buy/loan cover where he is thin, but for some unknown reason he continues to push square pegs into round holes. We have masses of cover at left back, some of whom CC has bought, but we still see Reach play left back, reducing his effectiveness at wide left ? We see Bannan forced to play a role at wide left that he is totally unequipped for, but Reach is ?? We see Wallace forced into a narrow midfield role, when we have Abdi ???, what is going on, apart from CC tinkering. ?

There is only one positive that comes out of this.... no opposing coach can predict what team CC will put out, but they can predict his system. Yes I know ...we have points on the board. But why can't CC make things easier for himself, by not over complicating things and confusing our own players ???? Let them of the leash a little Carlos, trust them as you say you do. He has bought a glut of players with top championship experience and guess what, he still wants to tell them absolutely the tiniest little detail of how to go about it. Frustrating...you bet. Frustrating for the players ????????

47 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Give him a start tomorrow please CC. Chances need creating and him and Abdi I feel will be the main players that will provide that. 

He HAS to start

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Sasso

Pudil

FF

Hutch

Abdi

Macca

Winnall

Rhodes

He won't though

I'm not a betting man but theres no chance of Mcmanaman starting tomorrow - Carlos will set up tighter than a ducks arse with Hutch protecting Sasso from big bad Woody.  Can't argue with recent results (Brentford apart) and why gamble when we only have a playoff place to protect but I think we could absolutely murder anyone if we released the shackles and realised our attacking potential.  Macca and FF on opposite wings JR and Winnall thru the middle Abdi and Hutch in the centre - doesn't matter how many the others score we will score at least one more!

31 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, he should start. I really do not get this fascination with playing the likes of Bannan for example out of position when we have wide players available. 

Football is not difficult in the sense of playing players where they are suited. Bannan and Abdi should be challenging for the CM spot alongside Hutch. Reach, McManaman, Wallace and Buckley should be challenging for the wide slots. 

While Bannan has not been on form recently, would be tempted to start him centrally v Weeds. They will try and bully us and we have been losing the CM battle of late, therefore his energy would compensate for loss of Abdi's creativity if playing two wingers, who could push higher up the pitch, rather than being played as secondary full backs if Hutch and Bannan screening the back 4.

If Bannan is out of form why continue with him?  Against Leeds we will need presence - I'd have Jones and Hutch as defensive midfielders with Abdi in front.  We have to control this part of the park or we will likely lose the match.

As for CC, he has clearly chosen this style of play and personnel, come what may.  

His future here will depend on whether it's enough to get us up.

From what I have seen so far I don't think it will be and someone else will be in charge next term.

6 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Do you think it might be a hint but Carlos that he is going to get played more?

Based on today's press conference... no. Carlos was asked about CM & he rambled about needing players who can come on & impact the team. He was asked then if he's saying CM is only an impact player & he said the normal bit about not talking about individuals but that a team needs balance & he picks on what he thinks gives balance.

5 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

Again Torry I am not necessarily criticising the way of playing ( his precious system). I AM criticing his constant tampering, rotating, playing people out of position to no good effect. I think it confuses players, puts an unnecessary  fear factor into them, thus leading to mistakes, poor passes and misunderstanding within the various components of the team set up. Playing people out of position, leads to loss of form and loss of confidence. Football is a confidence game and players will only gain confidence if they play well. Its very hard to play well if you are trying to play an unnatural position and your coach is not playing to your strengths. CC has had plenty of opportunity to buy/loan cover where he is thin, but for some unknown reason he continues to push square pegs into round holes. We have masses of cover at left back, some of whom CC has bought, but we still see Reach play left back, reducing his effectiveness at wide left ? We see Bannan forced to play a role at wide left that he is totally unequipped for, but Reach is ?? We see Wallace forced into a narrow midfield role, when we have Abdi ???, what is going on, apart from CC tinkering. ?

There is only one positive that comes out of this.... no opposing coach can predict what team CC will put out, but they can predict his system. Yes I know ...we have points on the board. But why can't CC make things easier for himself, by not over complicating things and confusing our own players ???? Let them of the leash a little Carlos, trust them as you say you do. He has bought a glut of players with top championship experience and guess what, he still wants to tell them absolutely the tiniest little detail of how to go about it. Frustrating...you bet. Frustrating for the players ????????

Yeah, see Abdi,s face when coming on as sub >  v Wigan or was it Birmingham?

2 hours ago, wilsondidwell said:

I'm not a betting man but theres no chance of Mcmanaman starting tomorrow - Carlos will set up tighter than a ducks arse with Hutch protecting Sasso from big bad Woody.  Can't argue with recent results (Brentford apart) and why gamble when we only have a playoff place to protect but I think we could absolutely murder anyone if we released the shackles and realised our attacking potential.  Macca and FF on opposite wings JR and Winnall thru the middle Abdi and Hutch in the centre - doesn't matter how many the others score we will score at least one more!

Can't see CC doing anything else tbh - it's going to be turgid stuff.

I agree with the latter part of your statement - however I think we will only see this under a new manager. 

We we are like a sports car being driven with the handbrake on.

We will trundle on as we are with some good, a lot of indifferent stuff and some truly awful and see where the dice fall in May.

6 hours ago, Stainless1983 said:

Based on today's press conference... no. Carlos was asked about CM & he rambled about needing players who can come on & impact the team. He was asked then if he's saying CM is only an impact player & he said the normal bit about not talking about individuals but that a team needs balance & he picks on what he thinks gives balance.

Balance    :duntmatter:, can probably count on one hand the amount of games when we've played with a balanced side this season.