Tonight's ref

7 minutes ago, THECOACH1867 said:

I'm not one who normally believes in conspiracy theories but a normally calm, measured and intelligent manager in Carlos Carvalhal gave an interesting post match view on Sky Sports.I would imagine he'll  get fined for his outburst but what happened at Hull last year- Forestieri non red card/Bannan non red at Forest to key players at a crucial stage of the season makes you think.

Yes we have had a few favourable decisions recently that have gone our way but all football fans want is FAIRNESS to BOTH sides . I think most Wednesday fans would take it on the chin if we are beaten by a better side on the day( like the playoff final), however when referees/linesmen are so incompetent not to be able to see such a blatant foul like the one on Forestieri last night then this gives credence to those that believe in the  conspiracy theories.

My son and i are in the kop and although we were a long way from that incident as a regular fan you almost have a sixth sense when a foul is committed and when not.....i immediately thought it was a penalty ...Forestieri has done him for pace and the turn, got goalside and was ready to shoot/square it.

I agree poor , naive defending for the threat Brentford are noted for-Egan and Dean at set pieces but we have a different game if they've already conceded and perhaps down to 10 men( like Hull should have been/not us when Forestieri got sent off last season) 

Doesn't matter who you play in the Championship..these are all fine margin games and to be quite honest there's so much money involved now that the CORRECT decisions have to be made by officials....it's high time that referees should have to come clean on the basis of some of the key decisions they make in a game....either apologise for an error or justify the decision.

I was encouraged by our second half effort...unlucky probably should have won 5-2 if not for some bad luck, worldy saves and poor decision making in the final third....thought McManaman was a bright introduction so decisions for Carlos on Saturday.

We need to try and forget the frustrations of last night and look upwards on onwards whatever the conspiracy theorists reckon the Football League may have in store  for us .

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/sheffield-wednesday/10777318/carlos-carvalhals-referee-rant

Spot on.

He was useless. At least I hope he was cos if not he was cheating. OK, not as serious as eating a pie but cheating non the less. The foul on Forestieri was like a rugby tackle. No attempt to play the ball and left him injured. He gave them a free kick for nothing that led to the first goal and a corner that was obviously a goal kick that led to the 2nd. Every time they went down they got a free kick yet they could push and hold our forwards as much as they liked. Their keeper was allowed to waste time. Their players kicked the ball away and ran down the clock. 

But no matter, we had a bit of luck against Blackburn so it's totally our fault we lost and can't even criticise the ref. 

I think SWFC is on the wind up as he can't genuinely think that game isn't massively influenced by shocking referee decisions. 

1-0 up down to 10men we end up with 3points same as Derby away earlier in the season that's 2 losses I'll pin blame on the officials and not sure how anybody can argue?

Other defeats - 

Cambridge poor performance by 2nd string.

Burton we were hammered and should have lost by more.

Leeds they took chances we didn't.

Brighton best side won at Hillsborough on the day.

Reading we were better side imo but they took there chances.

Boro 2 mistakes from us threw the game away.

Brighton unlucky but again no complaints. 

See I can be honest with defeats of course I don't like losing but same as on a Sunday morning I'll tell the referee when his incompetence has cost us.

Edited by coopswfc76

10 hours ago, zico.b said:

The ref was out of his depth from the start. He kept backing himself into corners with his decision making.

To contrast the decisions against us that could be considered 'sour grapes' there were two obviously legitimate goal kicks given as corners to us in the 2nd half - summed his ineptitude up for me.

Neat summary of the ref's ineptitude!

21 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

I think SWFC is on the wind up as he can't genuinely think that game isn't massively influenced by shocking referee decisions. 

1-0 up down to 10men we end up with 3points same as Derby away earlier in the season that's 2 losses I'll pin blame on the officials and not sure how anybody can argue?

Other defeats - 

Cambridge poor performance by 2nd string.

Burton we were hammered and should have lost by more.

Leeds they took chances we didn't.

Brighton best side won at Hillsborough on the day.

Reading we were better side imo but they took there chances.

Boro 2 mistakes from us threw the game away.

Brighton unlucky but again no complaints. 

See I can be honest with defeats of course I don't like losing but same as on a Sunday morning I'll tell the referee when his incompetence has cost us.

Just watched the penalty incident again and my mistake it's not a red card but it's still 100% nailed on penalty.

You can't blame the referee for not marking properly. You can't blame the referee for not stringing two passes together. Fact is, we've been rubbish for weeks and we played into a teams hands. Simple!

One thing we have learnt, Winnall and Mcman must start against Leeds. And by the way, we play like we did last night and they'll do exactly what we did to them at Hillsborough in the 6-2 thrashing.

Just a blip though, UTO

2 minutes ago, Dylan93 said:

You can't blame the referee for not marking properly. You can't blame the referee for not stringing two passes together. Fact is, we've been rubbish for weeks and we played into a teams hands. Simple!

One thing we have learnt, Winnall and Mcman must start against Leeds. And by the way, we play like we did last night and they'll do exactly what we did to them at Hillsborough in the 6-2 thrashing.

Just a blip though, UTO

Did you mean the recent (2014) 6-0 or the 1995 6-2?

We were poor, very poor. That first half was as bad as I can remember.

However, the referee was diabolical. He was simply guessing at half the decisions. It also twice took him over two minutes to organise a free kick. As usual though he'll hide away and be back on Saturday spoiling another game. 

9 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Nobody complaining last week I see for the officials against Blackburn who couldn't see a ball over the line or a perfectly good goal that got disallowed 

Yet people behaving like the world is against us after last night. 

If the officials had had been competent last week we wouldn't have won.

Time people started looking at facts and took the blue and white specs off. Your embarrassing yourself just like Carlos did with his after match comments.

How do you know the ball was over the line ? The penalty was clear as day

1 hour ago, Bramhall Owl said:

Agree, occasionally last season he went down a little easily but he's hardly unique in that respect. This season, he's almost made the extra effort to stay on his feet to prove any doubters wrong

He should have gone down at Forest when clean through..pushed in the back and stayed on his feet to try and score.

Refs are in essence encouraging players to go down before they'll award a free kick.

Same with Sterling for Man City when Walker did  exactly the same.

From what I saw it wasnt clearly over. The linesman and ref didn't see it was clearly over either so no goal. Their disallowed goal was a handball in the lead up to it. It hit the players hand and arm allowing him to control the ball and score. That's against the laws of the game. Unless it wasn't a handball at all and never touched any part of his arm and hand, then we've been lucky. Can't say I've seen that myself though, if the evidence is out there I'm sure it'll be posted.  

On a wider point, are we now even for refereeing blunders? Or can we expect a similar response from the trolls next time we get shafted? I've lost count of the score for and against us. 

Whats embarrassing is the folk who feel like cos we were cwap 1st half it cant be owt to do with the ref...

its two separate things ffs. were allowed to admit our marking at the set pieces was dire, and that the first half was as bad as ive seen for a long time, but it doesnt mean (because of that) that the ref's immune from criticism. 

I genuinely don't see why referees can't be interviewed after games to talk about why they've given various decisions. Managers and players put themselves through it - why not refs. As fans who pay good money to have games spoiled by these idiots sometimes I think we deserve to know why some decisions are given or not given. 

1 hour ago, S_W_F_C said:

Nobody complaining last week I see for the officials against Blackburn who couldn't see a ball over the line or a perfectly good goal that got disallowed 

Yet people behaving like the world is against us after last night. 

If the officials had had been competent last week we wouldn't have won.

Time people started looking at facts and took the blue and white specs off. Your embarrassing yourself just like Carlos did with his after match comments.

It wasn't a perfectly good goal, he handled it

Even with endless replays and slow mo it's still not proven whether it's a goal or not, therefore if in doubt no goal.

You're embarrrasing yourself (spelling and football rules) lol

2 hours ago, S_W_F_C said:

Football rules I'm good at I blame sausage fingers for spelling lol 

Sausage fingers getting the blame for double posting too? lol

So in your rules a guess is a goal? Video still can't prove it, only GLT will/ will not.

You also clearly can't see the handball in the lead upto the Blackburn "goal"

You also seemingly fail to acknowledge the double jeopardy rule (Forest, Westwood)

You also don't think FF was pushed at Forest

You fail to see the "tackle" last night was a pen

Conclusion - Are you a Referee? :columbo:

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign