Tonight's ref

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

He was awful in the first half.

Second half was ok.

The ref didn't lose us the game though. That was us.

Never seen owt like that first 20 minutes. Couldn't even string one pass together.

Yep, the ref was poor, but Brentford were better than us in the first half when we had no tempo, lacked creativity and tenacity (Forestieri aside), and gave away two sloppy goals. We didn't get going 'til the last half hour - why? This must be tactical cos it happens too often when we play at home; we start slow and cagey and then try and  blow away the opposition in the last third of the match. 

36 minutes ago, vulva said:

Wasn't actually that bad, but he bore the frustration of 25,000 fans who were watching another abject home performance. The FF penalty is one of those decisions that goes against FF because of his reputation for diving. Guess what, refs talk to each other, and they will have certain players cards marked. FF falls firmly into that category. 

Played well 2nd half, and that game could easily have finished 3-3. 

Thought Sasso and Abdi played well, with FF our MOTM.

Best player on the pitch, by a country mile, was Jota. I'd also be interested in taking Egan next summer as well. 

Oh come on FFS, he was truly inept. 

Referee was the worst I have seen at Hillsborough for a long time, and that's saying something. How we never got at least one penalty defies belief, every time their player went down he blew, the linesman on the North was useless, looked scared to raise his flag until the ref blew. The corner for their second goal was a goal kick, just annoying how we get these incompetent bafoons.

Been going to matches since 1990. In that time I can only remember one refereeing performance to rival that shambles I saw tonight. 

We weren't that bad after the first fifteen minutes or so. On a different night we would have won that 4-2. 

But that refereeing display was just absurd. 

Edit - not that bad apart from fracking up the marking on two set pieces I mean. 

Edited by i used to be sc_owl

Just now, S_W_F_C said:

Last week go and ask a Blackburn fan what they thought of the ref, nobody complained then.

Yet tonight it's all the refs fault. Do me a favour it was our own inadequacy that cost us. 

Blaming the ref is just like behaving like a spilt brat. 

You do realise that it's possible to criticise the ref and acknowledge we were beaten? 

We weren't that bad apart from not defending two set pieces. We hammered them in the second half. 

The scoreline tonight did not reflect the balance of play. On another night we would have scored another three or four goals. 

The ref did contribute to the game.

I don't get where you're coming from to be honest. 

Ref had a poor first half, especially his abject failure to award us a pen. Worse still, he seemed to lose confidence in his own decision-making abilities after we conceded the first goal - I sense he realised that he shouldn't have awarded Brentford the free-kick that led to that goal. Once a ref 'loses it' in this way, it creates a bad situation for him, players and crowd alike - he becomes the centre of attention and you fear for what he will decide and do next. 

Guest mrbluesky
48 minutes ago, vulva said:

This is an adult debate. Unless you've got anything constructive to add, get to bed. 

Really hope he doesn`t `wet the bed` he is of a certain age!

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Wasn't actually that bad, but he bore the frustration of 25,000 fans who were watching another abject home performance. The FF penalty is one of those decisions that goes against FF because of his reputation for diving. Guess what, refs talk to each other, and they will have certain players cards marked. FF falls firmly into that category. 

Best player on the pitch, by a country mile, was Jota. I'd also be interested in taking Egan next summer as well. 

Just goes to show..... I disagree with almost everything you've written there apart from the bit about sasso and abdi.

Jota... Best player...... By a country mile! Incredible... Thought he was completely unremarkable apart from the fact that he was a total cat and pulled out of any challenge that was 50-50.

Just goes to show, different strokes, different folks.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Seen it on Sky Vulva and the conclusion is, you are talking like a Vulva !