Brighton 2 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday. Official Matchday Thread.

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

2 game ban for Hutch, second red of the season. Idiotic challenge. 

Sky pundits making a big deal about 10 man Brighton getting the winner - ignoring the fact that it was 10 v 10 at the time.

Pretty sure we still had 11 when they scored their second??

Turned on the 2 yard run up for the penalty....complacent by FF.

Pudil was very poor.

Beyond Unprofessional after the miss.

They look every bit ready for promotion.

We either get this out of our system or it could be all consuming until May.

I'm frustrated, but not with the performance. A point would have been harsh but to lose is hard to take. 

Pudil isn't good enough. Simple.

We signed Fox, we have Urby and yet he still plays this clown. The only time they looked a threat was down his side. Both red cards should have been avoided and they've left us in the s*it now! 

I think the biggest difference tonight was Knockaert V Forestieri. And I'm affraid, Knockaert wiped his backside. 

Lets re-group and go again! But Carlos needs a plan where our attacking players are more involved. Winnall and Mcmanaman, Wallace were none exsistent. Bannan were better in 2nd. 

But, onto the next game! 

Guest mrbluesky
7 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

Tell you what ou talk more gash than anyone on here so I will make this bet with you right now. £20 to sheff children's hospital and we put it to a independent decent level ref and if I'm wrong I will pay the charity. When your wrong you pay it.

fair? We will see who the idiot is once again with a clear independent ruling yes?

Oh dear,here we go the old Owlstalk `I`m convinced I`m right so I`ll make a charity bet`lol

Jeez!just give SCH £20 and we`ll be sorted, agreed? don`t promise money to charity then not pay.

You are the one that stalked my profile,my threads,plus people in other threads that I were discussing topics with, neg me because you were upset and then finally flounced?:biggrin:

This is you isn`t it? this is the person that I need to have a level headed conversation with and a bet? 

I know what, wasn`t it another poster on here you said you liked to wind up and you were good at it and he didn`t like it?

Well kid go bother that 15 year old again xxx

Well go try his 

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

CC really seems to struggle with a plan B when a game changes. When they went down to 10 we really should have gone for them. 

yay theres the buzz word Plan B 

What "Plan B" covers a rubbish penalty ?

A stupid sending off for retaliation and a ridiculous tackle from Hutch by the way which "Plan B" covers those ?

We were playing 10 men correctly spreading the ball wide and making them chase it that was one "Plan B" 

13 minutes ago, Animis said:

pressing home the advantage seems to be lost on CC

This is so true. Against 10 men we made no effort to press them. Farted around at such a slow pace. It was obvious that Brighton were going to score. They did and we lost it. Only really tried when we were behind. Then the 2 idiots made it an embarrassing defeat. CC plays this way every week. I can't remember the last time we really tried to attack as we did last year. CC needs to sort it quick, or we will pushed out of the playoffs and he will rightly lose his job.

Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 Sheffield Wednesday (Dunk o.g 45).

Possession: 46-54

Shots on target: 6-4

Shots off target: 4-10

Corners: 0-10

Fouls: 9-13

Yellow cards: 2-4

Red cards: 1-2

Westwood, Hunt (Palmer 33), Lees, Loovens, Pudil (McManaman 67), Wallace, Hutchinson, Bannan, Reach, Forestieri, Winnall (Fletcher 57).

Subs not used: Wildsmith, Hooper, Jones, Sasso.

Well done Brighton & Hove Albion.

Unlucky Wednesday.

Crap result.  

Edited by aeroswfc

We're a top 6 side but never quite look like one.

FF's hasn't quite got his foul and flop game going and while there's a fine line between 'playing with an edge' and being a tool. Hutch is way over it.

35 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

We are a country mile from the top 2 sides. £10 million spent and we're holding on to top 6 by skin of our teeth. Really not good enough, flipping Leeds scum have gone past us. 

What is so annoying is we have the the potential and personnel to compete.

We have a squad that is capable of top4 but we don't have the mentality, set up, system or tactical know how to play like one.

Its has been like this all season under CC and and I can't see it changing.

People need to get the rose tinted specs off - unless we start to change our way of playing and how we are set up to play, we won't get out of this league.

This rests with the management and as much as people are loathe to admit it, it will probably take someone else to get the best out of this squad.

Yes he's a lovely bloke, but this season it's been beyond CC to get us playing with any consistency - tonight's effort very much summing our season up.

So in short that's a no then?  I have made one bet on this site and paid within 20 mins.

have courage if you think your right it means the idiot who is wrong will have to pay. 

As for stalking king your profile I went to check you weren't a kid before I told you you were speaking gash, still don't know but whatever age is you are wrong a hell of a lot and just talk absolute nonsense for as long as possible to avoid the real points 

either take the bet or don't but don't talk rubbish to try and snake around the subject. 

Edited by kidc77

35 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Oh dear,here we go the old Owlstalk `I`m convinced I`m right so I`ll make a charity bet`lol

Jeez!just give SCH £20 and we`ll be sorted, agreed? don`t promise money to charity then not pay.

You are the one that stalked my profile,my threads,plus people in other threads that I were discussing topics with, neg me because you were upset and then finally flounced?:biggrin:

This is you isn`t it? this is the person that I need to have a level headed conversation with and a bet? 

I know what, wasn`t it another poster on here you said you liked to wind up and you were good at it and he didn`t like it?

Well kid go bother that 15 year old again xxx

Well go try his 

See my post above it didn't quote for some reason 

Guest mrbluesky
4 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

So in short that's a no then?  I have made one bet on this site and paid within 20 mins.

have courage if you think your right it means the idiot who is wrong will have to pay. 

As for stalking king your profile I went to check you weren't a kid before I told you you were speaking gash, still don't know but whatever age is you are ring a hell of a lot.

either take the bet or don't but don't talk rubbish to try and snake around the subject. 

I can make out half of what you`ve typed,so the last bet you made you lost? not the best start hey?lol

For sure you looked for how old I was,yeah sure you did that instead of just asking me:rolleyes:,negging me,commenting randomly on threads I posted in and then finally flouncing when you get `internet upset`.

Look kid you clearly had `angst` last time and now this time but lets get back on track, like I say it`s subjective, the pundits say it wasn`t a yellow and Pudil`s was,the ref gave Pocognoli a yellow and didn`t book Pudil,refs get it wrong it happens kid.