Design the 150th (3rd Strip) Shirt - OFFICIAL

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

brilliant idea .........  lyons fantham hirsty and some of the founding heroes around the heart area 

As for showing how it's done It's just my idea not many seem to agree with me

btw I can do PowerPoint, already said no idea how to design it  

pretty good at understanding 4 panels on a shirt is 4 tho:biggrin:

The 4 panels thing, I don't think you quite follow what that is about. People mention this infamous "quarters kit" all the time and those websites that depict historic kits do too but yet a drawing or photo of a "quarters" kit (like Bristol Rovers) has never appeared, ever. Those who depict this kit often point out specifically that the later "halves" kit of 1890 is different, Historic Kits even name the source of the kit being worn and reserve an empty spot for it in their timeline. I, like you, suspect that the kit never existed, that the "halves" kit is the actual "quarters" kit with four panels, not four quarters. I was just highlighting that before.

Anyway, here's a swatch of the fabric from the black and gold pinstriped concept kit. As you can see the pinstripe is actually made up of the dates of our league and cup wins in gold...

IMG_2932.JPG

IMG_3245.JPG

lol

1 minute ago, Wild Will Smith said:

The 4 panels thing, I don't think you quite follow what that is about. People mention this infamous "quarters kit" all the time and those websites that depict historic kits do too but yet a drawing or photo of a "quarters" kit (like Bristol Rovers) has never appeared, ever. Those who depict this kit often point out specifically that the later "halves" kit of 1890 is different, Historic Kits even name the source of the kit being worn and reserve an empty spot for it in their timeline. I, like you, suspect that the kit never existed, that the "halves" kit is the actual "quarters" kit with four panels, not four quarters. I was just highlighting that before.

Anyway, here's a swatch of the fabric from the black and gold pinstriped concept kit. As you can see the pinstripe is actually made up of the dates of our league and cup wins in gold...

IMG_2932.JPG

IMG_3245.JPG

lol

:biggrin: +1 you're getting there

perhaps stars for cup wins around the badge 

Couple of new ideas ...

First one, the stars represent our 4 top flight titles, with the gold trim/shorts as a representation of the anniversary ...

gold_white.jpg

Second one is similar, but keeps our blue/black/white colours ...

white_blue_black.jpg

10 minutes ago, Karl said:

Couple of new ideas ...

First one, the stars represent our 4 top flight titles, with the gold trim/shorts as a representation of the anniversary ...

gold_white.jpg

white_blue_black.jpg

what u used to design these me old??

Will i don't like the idea that the 150th will be only a 3rd kit  but for me it must be special 

6 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

See @steelowl someone his been reading your posts and nicked your idea now haha.

Karl's got the idea  

cos as much as I'd like the blue and white stripes as the 150th it won't be with this chairman

Just now, steelowl said:

Will i don't like the idea that the 150th will be only a 3rd kit  but for me it must be special 

Karl's got the idea  

cos as much as I'd like the blue and white stripes as the 150th it won't be with this chairman

I agree I've e said a few times that it won't be a home kit, I posted a home kit (quarters historic kit) because I was bored and couldn't sleep.

Based on historic quarters kit:

IMG_0166.JPG

Based on the 90's black pinstripe kit with players names or dates as pin stipe in gold:

IMG_2932.JPG

IMG_3245.JPG

Based on the silver/purple kit:

IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3236.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

Based on the white/yellow kits (fourth kit in 90's and all white 70's):

IMG_3204.JPG

IMG_3214.JPG

Based on the yellow striped kits of the past but with a hint of the 2000's blue yellow white away kit:

IMG_3191.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

Random radically different yellow idea:

IMG_2925.JPG

2 hours ago, Karl said:

Couple of new ideas ...

gold_white.jpg

white_blue_black.jpg

Love that top one, solid colours is the way to go in my opinion, love the traditional stripes on our home shirts but the best away shirts we've had have been solid colours.

2 hours ago, Karl said:

Couple of new ideas ...

gold_white.jpg

We have a winner. Pretty much what I was thinking of as a design, except with hooped socks. 

Lose the Sondico logo's though.

Just now, Whitechapel Owl said:

Alright chill out, it's only opinions.

Don't you know fashion designers are all highly strung? *huff*