Design the 150th (3rd Strip) Shirt - OFFICIAL

3 hours ago, Soul Power said:

We have since the 1890s apart from a few years late 60s when we played in plain blue shirts with white sleeves. We played in hoops when we first started and then blue and white quarters but when we changed to stripes it stuck which is why its our traditional kit for the past 120 years.

People keep mentioning quarters, but I can't find any proper reference to it anywhere (i.e. photos or illustrations).

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

People keep mentioning quarters, but I can't find any proper reference to it anywhere (i.e. photos or illustrations).

Never seen a photo or illustration of it either, the Historical Kits website attributes it to the book "The Romance of the Wednesday" which said we wore "blue and white quarters like Blackburn Rovers" in the 1886-87 season. They then totally contradict themselves by depicting the kit in that era (1886-1890) as being halves (in their little illustration things) which we definitely DO have a photo of...

IMG_0152.JPG

I would love to know what's going on with the confusion there...

As people keep mentioning purple & silver I tried to find something a bit different with these. I failed to find anything with a silver colour option so settled for grey and purple. I added the gold because I think it goes ok and is a nice touch for 150th anniversary. Eventually settled on two choices... hoops which is a nod towards us previous having hoops many moons ago, or there is stars again just because of the anniversary.

purple hoops.jpg

purple stars.jpg

6 hours ago, Wild Will Smith said:

Never seen a photo or illustration of it either, the Historical Kits website attributes it to the book "The Romance of the Wednesday" which said we wore "blue and white quarters like Blackburn Rovers" in the 1886-87 season. They then totally contradict themselves by depicting the kit in that era (1886-1890) as being halves (in their little illustration things) which we definitely DO have a photo of...

IMG_0152.JPG

W. Betts is definitely on the mushrooms. He looks confused to the power ten.

lol

7 hours ago, Wild Will Smith said:

IMG_0152.JPG

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was taught the difference between quarters and halves at school! Blackburn have always played in halves too, as far as I can tell, but Bristol Rovers seem to be the one team in England who do traditionally play in quarters (and even they have had plenty of years with different designs).

7 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was taught the difference between quarters and halves at school! Blackburn have always played in halves too, as far as I can tell, but Bristol Rovers seem to be the one team in England who do traditionally play in quarters (and even they have had plenty of years with different designs).

I do suspect that someone has made a mistake and it's been just accepted as fact.

Shame that.

9 minutes ago, Soul Power said:

There's a photo in the board room from 1890 showing this strip. Don't think we played in it very long.

The photo in the boardroom that has seemingly never appeared in any book, newspaper or website despite loads of us looking for it?

I'd love to see it, you got a copy? It is it the 1890's halves strip that we all know really?

18 hours ago, Wild Will Smith said:

IMG_0152.JPG

You know, this one.