Design the 150th (3rd Strip) Shirt - OFFICIAL

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/happy-anniversary-3492718.aspx

It’s here…..the 150th anniversary year of Sheffield Wednesday!

It all started way back in September 1867 at the Adelphi Hotel in Sheffield and we have since grown into one of the most recognisable footballing names on the planet.

Wednesdayites the world over will be delighted to know that the club will be marking the milestone year in style, with a raft of events, initiatives and suitable celebrations.

So to start as we mean to go on, we are calling on you to play your part from the outset.

We are challenging the most important people of all - the fans - to get involved like never before by designing our third strip for the 2017/18 anniversary campaign!

Yes, we are asking you to get creative and take control of the design of the third strip, which will be worn by Wednesday next season.

The process is simple. Draw up your design by whatever means or with what package you see fit and send the finished article to: website@swfc.co.uk

All fans are welcome to take part and for the younger Owls, there is a downloadable PDF provided below ready to be printed out, coloured and sent back to the club!

All designs will be considered but supporters should note, they MUST be emailed to website@swfc.co.uk to be in with a chance of succeeding.

The next stage of the process will be announced in due course but for now, be safe in the knowledge that one lucky and talented supporter will be behind the official third strip to commemorate this most momentous of years!

Good luck and we look forward to receiving your selections!

CLICK HERE to download the PDF

16 minutes ago, zico.b said:

Am I the only one who finds it bizarre that this has been launched when we haven't a clue what the 1st and 2nd strips will look like?

For example, someone on here (not me) designs a really good looking stand out 3rd strip in say orange, but the club have decided on orange as the 2nd strip.

Why limit creativity?

I'm liking how the pdf provided to help make things easy for the kids has no instructions whatsoever

So, you've got the front and back of the kit, sure, but then what's the two long-sleeved kits for? Long-sleeved variants? Goalkeeper kits? I'm assuming the latter but I bet there will be many a 10 year old looking at that and not knowing what it's for :rolleyes:

I would like to see a traditional blue and white stripes 1st kit  ( I'm worried this is being dumped again)

an all white 2nd kit

and that gives free licence to be creative with our history quadrants or hoops  

tbh the 150th is very important to me but what is even more important now it's under threat is that we retain our 1st team stripes  

1 minute ago, Doctor John said:

Great idea to let the fans have input in this way. But even better if we had been allowed to come up with a design for the 1st strip. At the end of the day, supporters - not governance, management, media and sponsors - are the club.

It's a gimmick, the message is as much telling us that fans will be having NO input in OUR home kit.

Chansiri can stick this gimmick where the sun doesn't shine, & return us to stripes.

21 minutes ago, zico.b said:

Am I the only one who finds it bizarre that this has been launched when we haven't a clue what the 1st and 2nd strips will look like?

For example, someone on here (not me) designs a really good looking stand out 3rd strip in say orange, but the club have decided on orange as the 2nd strip.

I think it means free R&D for their own Home/Away kit design,  they will of course get 1000 entries and I imagine a vast majority will be in blue and white regardless of the brief of '3rd kit'.

Gives them freedom to keep an open mind when reviewing submissions and not saying 'design one in X colour'.

Great idea, im sure people wont like the one they pick in the end knowing us but good call.

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Swamp the club with proper blue and white striped shirt designs and Mr Chansiri might get the message.

well yes but because it's the 3rd kit that sort of gives him free rein to put out another blue billboard shirt 

shame the 1st and anniversary one aren't one and the same   a classic with cup wins and titles represented in gold somewhere

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

well yes but because it's the 3rd kit that sort of gives him free rein to put out another blue billboard shirt 

shame the 1st and anniversary one aren't one and the same   a classic with cup wins and titles represented in gold somewhere

That's going to happen anyway.  This gives the fans a chance to send a message.

Just now, bradowl said:

I think some fans are forgetting that we've not always played in stripes. 

But it's stripes that dominate the photo montage/collage or whatever it is. It's what we settled on and became our identity. This new kit is a bit Ian Ogilivy. Just not The Saint. 

7 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Perfectly put