Design the 150th (3rd Strip) Shirt - OFFICIAL

33 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

The photo in the boardroom that has seemingly never appeared in any book, newspaper or website despite loads of us looking for it?

I'd love to see it, you got a copy? It is it the 1890's halves strip that we all know really?

No don't have a copy. Only seen it once on a ground tour.

Just now, Soul Power said:

No don't have a copy. Only seen it once on a ground tour.

Is it the 1890 one I posted above? The one in halves rather than quarters?

On 1/2/2017 at 02:43, Wild Will Smith said:

Erm, I just had an epiphany. Sod the fact that I've made about 6 kits so far, I've gone to town on it now...

...this one is based on the yellow kits of the 70's (collar and style) but with the stripes of the 80's and a hint of the '98/00 kit (just a feint hint).

Genuinly love this kit. Simple and elegant and with a nod to just the right eras and STRIPES!IMG_3191.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

blue turnover with white stripe on socks and that it mate - you won, maybe?

21 hours ago, Wild Will Smith said:

Never seen a photo or illustration of it either, the Historical Kits website attributes it to the book "The Romance of the Wednesday" which said we wore "blue and white quarters like Blackburn Rovers" in the 1886-87 season. They then totally contradict themselves by depicting the kit in that era (1886-1890) as being halves (in their little illustration things) which we definitely DO have a photo of...

IMG_0152.JPG

I would love to know what's going on with the confusion there...

Does anyone know if the J.Smith is Jack Smith?

1 hour ago, ash60s said:

blue turnover with white stripe on socks and that it mate - you won, maybe?

Haha I doubt they will pick me. Some goon from Arctic Monkeys will win.

On 03/01/2017 at 02:35, Wild Will Smith said:

Never seen a photo or illustration of it either, the Historical Kits website attributes it to the book "The Romance of the Wednesday" which said we wore "blue and white quarters like Blackburn Rovers" in the 1886-87 season. They then totally contradict themselves by depicting the kit in that era (1886-1890) as being halves (in their little illustration things) which we definitely DO have a photo of...

IMG_0152.JPG

I would love to know what's going on with the confusion there...

Anyway, modern take on the "quarters" kit (which I think is fairly obviously a halves kit)... not that the competition is for a home shirt, I just can't sleep and I'm playing around...

IMG_0166.JPG

5 hours ago, Wild Will Smith said:

Anyway, modern take on the "quarters" kit (which I think is fairly obviously a halves kit)... not that the competition is for a home shirt, I just can't sleep and I'm playing around...

IMG_0166.JPG

I'd buy that for one season

Would look nice with Jordan Rhodes in it

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

presume called quarters because it's 4 panels:  2 on front + 2 on back back = 

because a lot of us would like a traditional striped 1st kit  people are putting that forward  but the reason behind club initiative is to design the 150th kit which they intend to be a 3rd kit 

I've already said that I'd like the 150th to actually be the 1st team shirt not the 3rd and as such have weaved through it or portrayed on it somehow our cup wins and titles in gold 

haven't seen one yet that adequately presents history tradition how I'd like it  

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

presume called quarters because it's 4 panels:  2 on front + 2 on back back = 

because a lot of us would like a traditional striped 1st kit  people are putting that forward  but the reason behind club initiative is to design the 150th kit which they intend to be a 3rd kit 

I've already said that I'd like the 150th to actually be the 1st team shirt not the 3rd and as such have weaved through it or portrayed on it somehow our cup wins and titles in gold 

haven't seen one yet that adequately presents history tradition how I'd like it  

What do you want, a bloody PowerPoint presentation highlighting that pure gold thread will be used to commemorate the event and close ups of the fabric showing that a lighter shade is woven through the material to show each and every players name?

Show us how it's done...

5 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

What do you want, a bloody PowerPoint presentation highlighting that pure gold thread will be used to commemorate the event and close ups of the fabric showing that a lighter shade is woven through the material to show each and every players name?

Show us how it's done...

brilliant idea .........  lyons fantham hirsty and some of the founding heroes around the heart area 

As for showing how it's done It's just my idea not many seem to agree with me

btw I can do PowerPoint, already said no idea how to design it  

pretty good at understanding 4 panels on a shirt is 4 tho:biggrin: