When Pele came to Sheffield Wednesday

On 31/12/2016 at 17:38, AlbertOB said:

Wasnt there another game v Santos........an afternoon game in mid week

Think that's the same game, it was scheduled to KO at 7:30 as tickets show (£1.50 to get in, North Stand) 1972 match

But got moved to afternoon KO because of fears of power cuts.

Me and my mates all went to the 72 one as 12 year olds...I vaguely remember it being midweek and in the afternoon...in fact school basically gave us all the afternoon off...(probably knowing we would have wagged it anyway..). We stood at the bottom of the Kop, close to the pitch behind the net..I still remember to this day the Santos players all shouting to one another when they were setting up to defend a corner..

Love to see a pic of the old scoreboard on the Kop with the Owls and Santos score..i am sure it was still there then ??? .. (that is if it was working)............great days !..

There could be some cause of confusion here. The programme is NOT the one for the first time Santos visited Hillsboro', which was in 1962.  The initial match was the one played against the likes of Ron Springett, Don Megson, Peter Swan , Tony kay, Eddie Hlliday, Bronco Layne , Alan Finney and others.. The K.O was at 7.15 and was played under the relatively newly-installed floodlights. It attracted 49,097 + myself.

The one the programme refers to is the one that was played in 1972 during the first Miners' Strike (there were 3- 1972,75, & 84/85)

As for the menu, nothing special - Starter, Asparagus Soup, Roast Beef and sweet.Not even Yorkshire pud!

On 16/08/2018 at 10:19, Buxtongent said:

There could be some cause of confusion here. The programme is NOT the one for the first time Santos visited Hillsboro', which was in 1962.  The initial match was the one played against the likes of Ron Springett, Don Megson, Peter Swan , Tony kay, Eddie Hlliday, Bronco Layne , Alan Finney and others.. The K.O was at 7.15 and was played under the relatively newly-installed floodlights. It attracted 49,097 + myself.

The one the programme refers to is the one that was played in 1972 during the first Miners' Strike (there were 3- 1972,75, & 84/85)

As for the menu, nothing special - Starter, Asparagus Soup, Roast Beef and sweet.Not even Yorkshire pud!

You are absolutely correct ... and so was I with Graham Pugh.