This Is How You Repay CC and DC

9 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

The main trouble is with Carlos is that he's a visionary who has always spoken about this "process" that a football team has to go through, and he's especially said that this season. And what he basically means is the team taking time to gel together before becoming a good team, so we've all been patiently waiting for that to happen - through the defeats and narrow victories. I've lost count of how many times this season people on here have said "when we start playing well we'll give someone a hiding". 

however yesterday we took a fairly massive step backwards, so suddenly this "process" that we are meant to be on suddenly starts feeling questionable. 

Now I am starting to think is our team actually on a process? Or is that word just for buying more time? 

i love Carlos, and I hope we play well against Fulham and Wolves. But for the first time I'm worried there's a reason he's managed 14 clubs and only stayed for a short time at each, and I get the feeling other supporters are thinking the same. I don't think they should be critiscised for having these feelings 

Never saw it that way, but maybe his spell at other clubs could be down to the everchanging manager moves in foreign countries such as Portugal. But it could be down to this too

43 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

What a load of cobblers, those "unfaithfull fans" pay Hundreds/Thousands each season to support the club, and they will still be there when the players and Coaches have gone.

There are things that T'owd Kicka ball can do , for a start make up his mind what his best defence is and stick to it, stop trying to be mates with the squad and do whats best for the team

No. No. No. Sod off. Thats rubbish. The FAITHFUL fans pay hundreds and thousands, the UNFAITHFUL fans go to the likes of villa, newcastle, and arsenal like matches, and wembley. Theres a massive difference there.

I can't help but think there could easily be another few managers that we could get in who would make us more effective as a team, like when we got rid of Megson and brought Jones in. Like Megson did, Carvalhal has done a decent job but he can't seem to take us to the next level now despite the amount of quality players that we have brought it.

51 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

the entertainment value at min and nearly every home game this season is dire ,you might as well dig up attacking 3rd of pitch as its not used carlos don't allow to play in that area,if we get another manager plz don't get another European manager  cant be doing watching this sideways backwards tripe style he employs .we have the 3rd or 4th highest wage bill we should be doing far better.

Not saying your statement is true. But just wondering who would you want to bring in? I'm thinking if we did sack we could pull in Gary Rowett? Big Sam? Are you thinking the same as me?

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I can't help but think there could easily be another few managers that we could get in who would make us more effective as a team, like when we got rid of Megson and brought Jones in. Like Megson did, Carvalhal has done a decent job but he can't seem to take us to the next level now despite the amount of quality players that we have brought it.

Who would you want to bring in? Rowett? Allardyce? I heard Di Matteo was free too?

I agree with a lot of posts on here about the way were playing setting up etc .now so everyone knows I have only been to 3 games this season 3 home and 3 away .so I haven't been to all games .but the Burton game was the worst I have seen .now my thoughts are that Cc needs to start and find a way how to get the best out of the good players he has at his disposal and fairly quickly or it maybe his undoing. Because DC has backed him better than any other manager we have had for years . These are still exciting times but we need to step up as a team not anyone individual.  Come on Wednesday we can do top 6 .

If DC gets his trigger finger out after Christmas what do you think to big Sam? 

We can't defend set pieces. He keeps chopping and changing the team. It's a joke at times. No need for FF not to start yesterday, he's our main man. Do teams like barca keep dropping messi, or Madrid ronaldo?

just play you best sodding 11 Carlos.

oh and whilst we have full backs as poor as we have ( below average championship players) we will always keep giving teams chance to score. Something we find good at not doing.

pull your finger out CC.

13 hours ago, ozowl02 said:

Says it all in the title really, the work we've done in 18 months is outstanding and the big minority of fans are giving up on CC. He bought in quality players such as Fessi, Hooper, Fletcher, Bannan, Wallace, Reach. And only because of a few losses here and then, your giving up on him? If DC reads this forum, he would be absolutely embarrassed and mortified by the lack of support your giving towards the team and CC and would probably reconsider his future at a club he thought he loved. Its not the team, its our unfaithful, moaning and silent crowd which is leading the team off track. Come on boys, we can do better. Surely?

I agree, it was like the minutes silence was extended for 90 mins. 

Kicking towards kop 2nd half we normally get behind team but there was very little. 

Just like the team, must do better. 

7 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I agree, it was like the minutes silence was extended for 90 mins. 

Kicking towards kop 2nd half we normally get behind team but there was very little. 

Just like the team, must do better. 

I think there's a slight myth in football that supporters cheering and make noise even when nothing is happening, but the truth is the players have to do something on the pitch to engage the crowd. I'm sure like most people, I have been to lots of non Wednesday matches and at every one I go to the crowd will only start "supporting the team" when there's effort shown and most importantly action in the attacking third, it's just human nature. 

Our lack of action and excitement in the attacking third is causing home games to be quiet, IMO

Edited by Southie_Owl

32 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

We can't defend set pieces. He keeps chopping and changing the team. It's a joke at times. No need for FF not to start yesterday, he's our main man. Do teams like barca keep dropping messi, or Madrid ronaldo?

oh and whilst we have full backs as poor as we have ( below average championship players) we will always keep giving teams chance to score. Something we find good at not doing.

pull your finger out CC.

I think a crucial issue is how CC man-manages FF.

FF ought to be our main man, but he has been more or less absent this season.  This may have been something to do with him having the tantrum early on, I guess, and the extent to which this has truly been resolved in FF's head.  He seems less motivated this season, and perhaps this affects everyone.  It may be one factor affecting team performances and  will be a test of CC as a manager if this guess is correct.

Seems unlikely to me that any poppy issue would affect FF so much.  His commitment to the Club just seems different this season.  I guess he felt one good season with us (i.e. last season) was sufficient to get himself bought by a Premier league team or top flight Italian Club.  The fact that this did not happen might have affected his attitude (as it may have done at his previous clubs where he seems to have started well then fallen out of favour, only to be re-motivated by another fresh start).

Edited by Reyt Part Timer

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

pull your finger out CC.

Yeah but all of this doesn't mean we have to sack every good manager we get. If we lose back to back games and sack a manager everytime, we'd have 10 managers a season. Idiots on here sometimes.

22 minutes ago, Reyt Part Timer said:

Seems unlikely to me that any poppy issue would affect FF so much.  His commitment to the Club just seems different this season.  I guess he felt one good season with us (i.e. last season) was sufficient to get himself bought by a Premier league team or top flight Italian Club.  The fact that this did not happen might have affected his attitude (as it may have done at his previous clubs where he seems to have started well then fallen out of favour, only to be re-motivated by another fresh start).

All just stepping stones to get to a bigger club. The fact is we are one of the biggest clubs in England so I don't see how that works??

Tbf the fans "repay"CC/DC by forking out x amount of money on tickets and merchandise. 

Whilst we have had some of the usual mellow dramatic nonsense on here since Saturday, you can hardly begrudge people for speaking out on what was a truly wretched display.

5 minutes ago, ozowl02 said:

Yeah but all of this doesn't mean we have to sack every good manager we get. If we lose back to back games and sack a manager everytime, we'd have 10 managers a season. Idiots on here sometimes.

Agreed. I do think yesterday was just one of those days, like Oxford in 91

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf the fans "repay"CC/DC by forking out x amount of money on tickets and merchandise. 

Whilst we have had some of the usual mellow dramatic nonsense on here since Saturday, you can hardly begrudge people for speaking out on what was a truly wretched display.

If you cant pay the tickets then don't flipping come! And what bloody merchandise. There's sod all in that shop. BBC were at Eastleigh and they had a better shop than us. Bloody idiot.