This Is How You Repay CC and DC

Emotions run high after a performance and defeat like today. 

My overwhelming feeling today and indeed these last few weeks is a sense of confusion. 

The same team as last season with the additions of Abdi, Reach and Jones yet results and performances not as good as last season. 

Playing players out of position hasn't helped and why no Urby even on the bench. He said he was one of the top earners when he signed. I bet he didn't count on being the tea boy. 

4 minutes ago, ozowl02 said:

Agreed, at least you talk sense than some nutters. If we lose the derbies and the some others like the two Preston games, I think he might have to go. But I'm okay with him at this second.

I'm not one for slagging off managers or players publicly. Yes I can get frustrated by what I see at times and after going to Derby last weekend at the game today against very average Derby and Ipswich sides, I'm amazed we have zero points from those matches. I worry about Carlos's in-game management at times - or lack of it. I'm just saying now it could be his downfall.

1 hour ago, ozowl02 said:

Says it all in the title really, the work we've done in 18 months is outstanding and the big minority of fans are giving up on CC. He bought in quality players such as Fessi, Hooper, Fletcher, Bannan, Wallace, Reach. And only because of a few losses here and then, your giving up on him? If DC reads this forum, he would be absolutely embarrassed and mortified by the lack of support your giving towards the team and CC and would probably reconsider his future at a club he thought he loved. Its not the team, its our unfaithful, moaning and silent crowd which is leading the team off track. Come on boys, we can do better. Surely?

What has reach done since he arrived for a record 5m fee to make him a quality signing ? 

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

My overwhelming feeling today and indeed these last few weeks is a sense of confusion. 

The same team as last season with the additions of Abdi, Reach and Jones yet results and performances not as good as last season. 

Playing players out of position hasn't helped and why no Urby even on the bench. He said he was one of the top earners when he signed. I bet he didn't count on being the tea boy. 

Abdi and reach have not improved our performances

4 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Agreed but we have to put trust in Carlos and think that hes doing it for the better

3 minutes ago, Garry Powell said:

How many of the players has Carlos signed ? this is the problem with continental Head Coach. Have we improved from last year , i dont believe we have. The team selection and tactics are questionable to say the least. Yes i still trust but  need to be convinced this season

Have some patience, we'll soon be picking up the performances we need. Remember, we only started picking up points last season in the opening week of december to feb and march-may so have hope

32 minutes ago, striker said:

Good points, not taking anything away from our prombles, maybe £15m was required  just to keep pace in this league, bearing in mind decades of under investment, not withstanding  the fact we overachieved last year. That  said, we should be doing better.

You're right 

We massively over achieved last season

Teams like Derby and Brighton are 3 or 4 years ahead of us in their building programmes

Brighton have proved this by signing 2 players and going up another level

I think we will plateau this season, probably finishing 7th or 8th, then push on again next year

I hope Carlos gets his act together and finds a winning formula

I've been saying for weeks, the signs are there

The result at Huddersfield gave him a bit more time

But he wont be here much longer if he can't beat the Ipswich's of this division

I fear for the bloke

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 minutes ago, ozowl02 said:

Give him time, hes only been here for about 8 matches. Foresteri had a knock on effect after about 10

A 5m £ signing should make some impact.  But upto now has been poor. He looks better at LB

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

You're right 

We massively over achieved last season

Teams like Derby and Brighton are 3 or 4 years ahead of us in their building programmes

Brighton have proved this by signing 2 players and going up another level

I think we will plateau this season, probably finishing 7th or 8th, then push on again next year

I hope Carlos gets his act together and finds a winning formula

I've been saying for weeks, the signs are there

The result at Huddersfield gave him a bit more time

But he wont be here much longer if he can't beat the Ipswich's of this division

I fear for the bloke

Look we'll have to see what we do against Fulham, wolves and Preston mate. If we pick up 7 points, he's safe until Jan, if he picks up less, he should be in doubt

1 minute ago, Arnold said:

A 5m £ signing should make some impact.  But upto now has been poor. He looks better at LB

He may be another Lucas Joao, he can play good or can play bad, can pass clean or unclean and can run fast or slow. Simples.

Is Carlos Carvalhal immune from criticism? 

Today was absolutely dreadful against a wee wee poor team. Ipswich doubled their away goals today. We had no tempo what so ever and were just dire.

We had a mini decent spell in between the Brighton and Derby matches but apart from that, this season would have been disappointing pre-Chansiri era let alone now.

I'm not necessarily saying CC should get the boot right now, but people have got to stop shouting down anyone that dares say anything against him. 

I've said this many times this season, but the weaknesses in our squad were obvious to see in May, yet we did little to address them and now we're paying the price.