Official January Transfer Window Thread

Good news about Forestieri and Hutchinson. Hopefully we can trim the squad now and bring in a finisher and some pace? And have a good go for it in the remainder of the season.

I'd rather us not wait till the end of the window though but bring in players that suit our needs and system, as well as giving us something extra. If it means missing out on Rhodes or whoever at the end of the window, then so be it. I don't see the point in waiting till just before the window closes because players need time to settle and the games will be coming thick and fast, and running out.

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

You guys must love us? lol

Er, no thanks, but good luck in the cup now we've graciously surrendered our chances.

Only if you shot us 12m for Rhodes lol

Aye best of luck for the season and all that, I won't be best pleased if you don't catch the stripey rumblezoids up the road managed by that bloke from Toy Story 2.

8 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

He just said still in for Rhodes too, Winnall is a bit meh.

And Grandad said Ward.

And owlinmad said Rhodes and some Arsenal youngster.

Reckon we're gonna go 2-4-4 with just Loovens and Lees at the back.

Which means I'm right again. We are going Gung-ho attackattackattack

Edited by theowlsman

2 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Rhodes will be a final day bargain or won't happen at all. 

Winnall....fair play DC. No complaints here.

Winnall to me is a interesting one.

Someone bang in form, playing for a rival, so someone who should hit the ground running and should settle. The price should be better value too, instead of throwing around £10mill on someone, he could turn out to be a bargain like Hooper and Forestieri, etc.

Whereas the Rhodes saga looks like dragging onto the end of the window. Even though I'd love us to have him in our side, I think it's best to move on from that one, it would be better in the long run to bring in players in form and players that we can get soon, instead of waiting till transfer deadline day.

52 minutes ago, MMC said:

Only if you shot us 12m for Rhodes lol

Aye best of luck for the season and all that, I won't be best pleased if you don't catch the stripey rumblezoids up the road managed by that bloke from Toy Story 2.

We'll do our best, but we need to start scoring again. We've looked a bit poor in the scoring stakes recently hence our desparation to sign a striker / some strikers.

Don't think anyone wants to pay what you're asking for Rhodes. He's going to end up going out on loan isn't he?