OFFICIAL 2016/17 BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven SWFC Thread

Richard the Newark owl, how can you say that Fletcher would work harder than Sam Winnall? Where on earth is the evidence to support this? I've seen more commitment and hard work from Winnall in his first 4/5 games than I have from Fletcher since August.

Keith Edwards giving credit to Fleetwood by saying he hasn't heard of any of their players! Surely someone in media that focuses on League 1 should know players from the team that 2nd in the league. 

Unreal - I didn't realise United had a bunch of household names playing for them. I literally only know Billy Sharp, Leon Clarke, and Colan Lavery in their squad. 

Guest Deleted member
5 hours ago, ash60s said:

host dint like the owl that got him biting regards BBC upping Pigs and popping at us

thort it was good banter and well done lad for not caving in

Thanks lol

They don't like it up em

Giddings is an awful host for the show. He's just can't hold a debate resorts to childish retorts "oh ok then hahah" and then has a pop after the call has ended. 

It it was the same the other week when Tom, the decent Chessie caller, rang up to take him to task that their players were under performing. Toms point being that they weren't - they were just rubbish. 

3 hours ago, someone in my head said:

Don't t criticise RS. Giddings will have a reyt strop!

Absolute amateurs at RS aren't they.  Really mardy. Congrats to the caller, he was spot on.  We got back to the car and all we heard after we'd thrashed a team of PL players was what a fantastic achievement for the Blades getting a point at mighty Rochdale !  The caller was right, they've consistently encouraged negative owls callers and questioned Carlos but think Wilder is FIFA coach of the year. Everyone can see that division is sheer rubbish, there are at least 6 basket cases on the verge of bankruptcy, 6 others who were non league in the last couple of years and the others are pedestrian nonentities. 

Toby Foster uses the same childish behaviour, if anyone says he's a liberal leftie he cuts them off then says something like "Uh yeah, I'm a communist me, we all are at the BBC"  Hahahaha! Pathetic.

Rant over:rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Absolute amateurs at RS aren't they.  Really mardy. Congrats to the caller, he was spot on.  We got back to the car and all we heard after we'd thrashed a team of PL players was what a fantastic achievement for the Blades getting a point at mighty Rochdale !  The caller was right, they've consistently encouraged negative owls callers and questioned Carlos but think Wilder is FIFA coach of the year. Everyone can see that division is sheer rubbish, there are at least 6 basket cases on the verge of bankruptcy, 6 others who were non league in the last couple of years and the others are pedestrian nonentities. 

Toby Foster uses the same childish behaviour, if anyone says he's a liberal leftie he cuts them off then says something like "Uh yeah, I'm a communist me, we all are at the BBC"  Hahahaha! Pathetic.

The football coverage has been rubbish for years now; needs a revamp. 

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Why would someone phone in and say that? What does it matter if he is anyway? 

4 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Why would someone phone in and say that? What does it matter if he is anyway? 

It's normally suggested by people who start their call by saying things like "I'm not racist, but..."

:columbo:

I think the major issue when Giddings presents either Football Heaven or Praise or Grumble is that quite often he doesn't really want to be there. I think he's a good commentator but when it comes to presenting and offering an opinion to the callers views I think he arguably the worst of the 3. I've given Buchan a bit of stick on here (and rightly so) but in the last few weeks he's improved. He at least sounds like he wants to sit there for an hour taking calls rather than going for a pint.

Was it Grandad that called in complaining about coverage of Wednesday on Radio Sheffield? To be honest I thought he came across a bit silly. Wednesday's performances have been poor in recent weeks and we haven't up to the Norwich game had a dominant performance at home where we have come out thinking how well we had played. At one point he even admitted himself that performances had been poor so I couldn't understand what his point was. He would have been better off celebrating a great performance instead of trying to have a dig at Radio Sheffield.

Guest Deleted member

The point was and is. Radio Sheffield are consistently pointing to our underwhelming performances missing the point that is an entirely different division to United, who have only won 2 more games all season 

We are playing in a much more competitive league and achieving well, yet you'd think Wilder was Alex Ferguson  given their ongoing commentary 

Giddings response was so childish. 

So he disagrees with Grandad (which is his prerogative), but at least be grown up about it and put forward a counter argument. 

He could have quite easily have gone: "Well in my view Wednesday (for all the talent they have), have not quite hit the heights I'd have expected in respect of performances, though their league position is pretty good". 

Instead we got responses akin to "I know you are, but what I'm I". 

Not listened for a while but judging by what's said on here I have some sympathy for the presenters. You're sat there and it's Mark the pitsmoor owl.  The temptation must be to say let me guess Mark you're going to say.........

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

The point was and is. Radio Sheffield are consistently pointing to our underwhelming performances missing the point that is an entirely different division to United, who have only won 2 more games all season 

We are playing in a much more competitive league and achieving well, yet you'd think Wilder was Alex Ferguson  given their ongoing commentary 

Grandad you didnt need to lower yourself to any *** for tat arguments though. Performances have been disappointing which you acknowledged, but the position of the team has compensated for this. I have been disappointed with our performances and expected a bit more from us regarding performances which I think Radio Sheffield would also have expected  to be better. We have heard from ex pro's that also agree with this. As for dem blades they will be on a high based on the position in their respective league as are Doncaster and Barnsley to an extent. The expectation level has been raised at Wednesday with the fans, local and national media and the performance on Saturday exceeded it. So lets hope for some more but dont worry about others.